Thread: Arms-Weapon?

Arms-Weapon?

So i´m gonna try and get me a T1-S6-Weapon asap. The Question is:

Sword, axe oder Mace?

I figured i probably should not go for the Mace, since armor-Pen should develop its real strength in PvE only where you can get close to 100% armorpen. In addition, armor-Pen is not reliable since it sucks vs cloth.

So Sword or Axe? With most of the Attacks critting (ms 100% crit after charge, op 80% critchance) the 5% increased critdmg come in rather handy. Still the +crit is actually not the best thing to go for in pvp imo. Then again, Sword-Specc may just disappoint by barely proccing at all. And it got 6-seconds-capped.
    So what do you think. Any advices?

PS: Sry if my english is bad, it is not my mutual language.

Re: Arms-Weapon?

Sword spec is the worse out of the 3 by a long shot. Stacking armor pen isn't a bad thing for pvp either, so its really what you are looking for and what you game style is. With the glory of the paladins in S5, this is a fast way to bring them down, especially if you have Grim Toll. One thing you are missing about axe spec though is that it also increases your crit damage by 5%; dont' forget that. So all of those auto MS and OP crits will be living with a 5% bonus if you are going with axe. Just weigh out your balances and see what you like best.

Don't even consider sword spec, it really sucks, big time.

Thx so far :>

Any other opinions, anyone?

15+ Year Old Account

Yea pretty much either axe or mace. I'm personally leaning towards mace because of the armor pen but I think the choice is up to you.

So for PvP mace spec is the best.Criting on a target with plate,a shield and tons of resilience will make your crit something useless.Since most of the enemies of the warrior are with high amounts of armor,mace spec will be the best.I was really surprised when I tested the first time mace spec in BG's.I was criting holy paladins for 4k which was impossible before.The biggest crit that I ever got before stacking armor pen was 3200 and the paladin had crap gear.So my advice for PvP is mace since we already kill clothies easily and our only problem is armored targets.

the only thing you shoude note is that if you have a shit load of armor pen axe becomes better for pve sens of the way armor pen works.

sens all the diffrent ways you get armor pen doesn't just add upp. it works more like say your target has 20k armor then your armor pen comes in hand and lowers that by say 20% then your mace specc comes in and lowers that amount by 15% and then battles stance lowers that by 10% so the effect becomes less powerfull the more armor pen you have

and the basic forumla becomes something like 20000x0.20 then 16000x0.15 13600x0.10 so 12240 armor in the end
    (armor pen) (mace) (battle)

as you see it becomes less powerfull the more armor pen you have on your gear.
    but this is just the most basic shit armor pen is way more complex

Quote Originally Posted by Harith
    the only thing you shoude note is that if you have a shit load of armor pen axe becomes better for pve sens of the way armor pen works.

sens all the diffrent ways you get armor pen doesn't just add upp. it works more like say your target has 20k armor then your armor pen comes in hand and lowers that by say 20% then your mace specc comes in and lowers that amount by 15% and then battles stance lowers that by 10% so the effect becomes less powerfull the more armor pen you have

and the basic forumla becomes something like 20000x0.20 then 16000x0.15 13600x0.10 so 12240 armor in the end
    (armor pen) (mace) (battle)

as you see it becomes less powerfull the more armor pen you have on your gear.
    but this is just the most basic shit armor pen is way more complex
    hmm we are talking about PvP right ? ???