Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Val'anyr vs Staff of the endless winter

Quote Originally Posted by KrinKer
    The proc "PROBABLY" does have an internal cd with 10% proc chance, PROBABLY procs on spellcast and not ticks, which means a proc per minutes (about), Look at it all you want but it's a flat 15% more healing (that can't Overheal) for 15 seconds every minutes and that is HUGE.

That being said, I hope they have "other versions" of the mace.

I'm seeing the one shown as the "pally" version
    Haste and mp5(instead of crit) for shammies
    Crit and spirit (instead of haste) for priests
    Haste and spirit (instead of crit) for druids
    And you MOST LIKELY don't know what you're talking about.

No doubt Ensidia will have one of these fellas soon and we'll all find out just how the proc works.

I'm a little torn about it -one the one hand I'd like the bubbles to be based off total healing not effective healing because that would be stronger, on the other hand that would virtually give pallies dibs on the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_neo
    that staff has crit

freya staff is better for druids anyway.
    Not everyone uses the Ensidia guides as the bible.
    Grow your own brain.

Also,
    Well, to answer your question as simply as put - I gem for spellpower because thats my play style, alot of druids if you check now because of the spirit gayness they are stacking haste, alot of haste. Some still stack spirit, however its totally based on your playstyle what you decide to stack. My reccomendation is have a set for everything, because your playstyle might need to adapt to a certain encounter.

In raids I usually MT heal and due to hots always ticking I help raid healing, because of the nerfs, druids really are not strong raid healers, in my personal opinion that is.

Hope I helped a little,

Shaam

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    No doubt Ensidia will have one of these fellas soon and we'll all find out just how the proc works.

I'm a little torn about it -one the one hand I'd like the bubbles to be based off total healing not effective healing because that would be stronger, on the other hand that would virtually give pallies dibs on the damn thing.
    No sorry.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xavi
    surely as a druid you'll be passing the mace to your guilds paladins/priests?

the proc doesnt work off hots so is wasted, even though you will get "some" use from it its nowhere near the use that your other healers will.

if the difference is negligable from t he staff/legendary (which, it is, for a legendary its hardly that amazing stat wise), then let it be used where its special ability is good...
    I think a lot of people are still missing the awesomeness of the proc on Val'Anyr. I think people are looking at the proc saying "Divine aegis". Its not. Its more awesome.

The proc has a 10% chance, and lets just assume 1 proc per minute. That means that 1/4 of the time you are healing, this will be up. It may be more (probably somewhere along each 40 seconds) which just increases the benefit from this mace.

Now, look on the description. It doesn't say "chance to put 15% shield on target", but in fact, what the proc sais it does it give you a 15 second buff that causes *all* of your heals to make a shield. This will most likely stack to 10.000 just as divine aegis does, which means that every class can benefit greatly from this. Even if you're just rolling hots on the MT, every millisecond that he doesn't take damage, the shield just builds up. How much can a fully hot'ed tank gain in two seconds between a boss, in addition to the heals the hots are doing themself. Once you get this proc, you simply load up hots on the tank, and start spamming nourish to add a bit of juice, or just forget about the tank, because your hots will be so much stronger.

Or, we could be creative - how about AOE healing? Lets say you're doing Hodir, and everybody is taking lots of damage. When he gets frozen blows, its just a matter of popping a wild growth and not only are 5 people healed up, they are probably also shielded from the next hit (provided you have the buff on you).

I think, perhaps, it may be even more beneficial for druids, since we can keep hots up on the tank and when we get the proc, the hots will start adding the shield from the getgo (provided you dont have to reapply the hots with the buff on).

I see no reason why this should go to any healer class in particular over the other.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    how can you know that? it doesnt say "direct heals" but "heals" only
    Even then, do you want your guild to give it to your druid where it gives a shitty ~1500 * 0.15 = ~225 damage absorption shield OR give it to Pallies/Shammies instead for ~15000 * 0.15 = 2250 damage shields?

My thoughts exactly.

I'd be damned if my guild chose to give this to me (being a Resto Druid myself (!)) rather than our Holydins / Resto Shamans. And yes, I agree with Good Druid > Bad Paladin, but we don't have bad players in our guild.

Quote Originally Posted by enigmaran
    We're giving it to a shaman first. It's a legendary - it goes to your best healer - period.
    Note the "best healer" part. I wouldn't give this to my third best paladin over my best druid.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadHero
    Even then, do you want your guild to give it to your druid where it gives a shitty ~1500 * 0.15 = ~225 damage absorption shield OR give it to Pallies/Shammies instead for ~15000 * 0.15 = 2250 damage shields?

My thoughts exactly.

I'd be damned if my guild chose to give this to me (being a Resto Druid (!)) rather than our Holydins / Resto Shamans. And yes, I agree with Good Druid > Bad Paladin, but we don't have bad players in our guild.
    You got one at least.

3-4 rolling hots + nourish spam = Many but smaller procs.
    Slow big heals = Not so many but bigger procs.

Both help tremendously in various situations.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I think a lot of people are still missing the awesomeness of the proc on Val'Anyr. I think people are looking at the proc saying "Divine aegis". Its not. Its more awesome.

The proc has a 10% chance, and lets just assume 1 proc per minute. That means that 1/4 of the time you are healing, this will be up. It may be more (probably somewhere along each 40 seconds) which just increases the benefit from this mace.

Now, look on the description. It doesn't say "chance to put 15% shield on target", but in fact, what the proc sais it does it give you a 15 second buff that causes *all* of your heals to make a shield. This will most likely stack to 10.000 just as divine aegis does, which means that every class can benefit greatly from this. Even if you're just rolling hots on the MT, every millisecond that he doesn't take damage, the shield just builds up. How much can a fully hot'ed tank gain in two seconds between a boss, in addition to the heals the hots are doing themself. Once you get this proc, you simply load up hots on the tank, and start spamming nourish to add a bit of juice, or just forget about the tank, because your hots will be so much stronger.

Or, we could be creative - how about AOE healing? Lets say you're doing Hodir, and everybody is taking lots of damage. When he gets frozen blows, its just a matter of popping a wild growth and not only are 5 people healed up, they are probably also shielded from the next hit (provided you have the buff on you).

I think, perhaps, it may be even more beneficial for druids, since we can keep hots up on the tank and when we get the proc, the hots will start adding the shield from the getgo (provided you dont have to reapply the hots with the buff on).

I see no reason why this should go to any healer class in particular over the other.
    I agree. Why should Blizzard also make a healer mace, that was only made for 2 healers class'? That is just stupid :P

Quote Originally Posted by SquadHero

My thoughts exactly.

I'd be damned if my guild chose to give this to me (being a Resto Druid myself (!)) rather than our Holydins / Resto Shamans. And yes, I agree with Good Druid > Bad Paladin, but we don't have bad players in our guild.
    Ouch , 1500 is the most healing You can do per second. That being said I agree with the bolded part

I would give the mace to druids , only so the paladins die in front of Org and cry 6 months after on forums 8)

15+ Year Old Account

Why is it that in every debate about this even Druids say it's not a good weapon for them? I'm surprised about the level of self-neglect and ignorance coming in one package in this matter. Tank-healing isn't everything that matters, there's normally alot more raid damage going on and that damage isn't going to be reduced by much. From what I've understood when it procs it buffs you and for 15s every heal from you will shield the target for 15% of the amount healed. I doubt there will be an internal cooldown on the proc, as a legendary weapon it will most likely just be limited by its proc chance. That's my educated guess about why Ghostcrawler was hinting with the "even for druids" remark. If you honestly think that for a 2.3k ticking Rejuv providing an average of a 115 damage reduction per second isn't much then indeed you shouldn't be the one getting your hands on such a fine weapon anyway.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade
    Why is it that in every debate about this even Druids say it's not a good weapon for them? I'm surprised about the level of self-neglect and ignorance coming in one package in this matter. Tank-healing isn't everything that matters, there's normally alot more raid damage going on and that damage isn't going to be reduced by much. From what I've understood when it procs it buffs you and for 15s every heal from you will shield the target for 15% of the amount healed. I doubt there will be an internal cooldown on the proc, as a legendary weapon it will most likely just be limited by its proc chance. That's my educated guess about why Ghostcrawler was hinting with the "even for druids" remark. If you honestly think that for a 2.3k ticking Rejuv providing an average of a 115 damage reduction per second isn't much then indeed you shouldn't be the one getting your hands on such a fine weapon anyway.
    This.

This is very nice mace for druids, shamans, paladins and priests. The shield will surely stack. It all comes down to who is the best healer ( not overhealer) and whether your guild needs a MT healer buff or a raid healer buff.

probably most stupid thing to do but We gave the legendary via DKP Thank God our best healer also had the most dkp.

( by ''gave'' i mean giving the fragments to him 3 so far )

Quote Originally Posted by jarelie
    probably most stupid thing to do but We gave the legendary via DKP Thank God our best healer also had the most dkp.

( by ''gave'' i mean giving the fragments to him 3 so far )
    as long as you continue to give them all to him that's ok.