Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Cant bubble out of sap/hex in arena?! im tired of stealth nerfs..

Don't know anything about pally's but going back and forth about this silencing has me wondering,

If i garrote can you bubble during the 3s silence?
    "Retribution Paladins are the Eddy Gordo's of World of Warcraft"

Quote Originally Posted by Vennom
    Don't know anything about pally's but going back and forth about this silencing has me wondering,

If i garrote can you bubble during the 3s silence?
    Yeah, only way not to is if you lockdown it's magic school, kick something everything is holy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Boberto
    In arena i cant bubble out of sap/hex?! (i did arena yesterday and thats what i realised,dunno how long its been like that)

is it a bug or its another stealth nerf?
    What's up with you people and that "stealth nerf hysteria!" Kind of like H.G. Wells by now. Everyone's stealth nerfed into oblivion and if not yet, Blizzard's sure out to get you next.

It's become ridiculous by now! Yet another entry on the "List of fashion-words" (just like "unfun classes / mechanics" in the last two months or "streamlining" or "class overhaul" or "polishing" during beta) that come up on the forum and suddenly everyone has to get rid of the empty feeling inside their skulls by using the new fashion-word as often and as out-of-context as they can.

If Blizzard wanted to nerf Divine Shield (and by the way Ice Block) so that you couldn't use it while silenced/polymorphed/whatever-CCed, they would have told us ahead of time because they are well aware that the forums would go mad the day they did anyway, much more if they didn't announce it ahead of time.

To keep you from loosing it completely: I just logged on to test it, Divine Shield is just fine. Works perfectly. As to how it is supposed to work, read the other posts. Maybe you really had your Wings up < 30 sec. before. If so - please observe the general "read => think => post" rule next time, OK?

I also noticed that SoB/M does dmg on normal hits also,like it was pre 3.1
    on top of having all the mega nerf in 3.1 (judgement dmg reduced,ect)
    Of course SoBl does damage on Seal-Hits. It is supposed to do so. Come on, do you really have to spam a forum for that? Just read the tooltip (as in RTFM!)

Just realize that Blizzard changed SoBl on purpose because all it's burst was intended for PvE, not PvP. Get Command, get the Glyph, be well.

Not quoting the rest of your post because this forum is already drowning in tears, no need to copy them over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Krittez
    Just created an account only to say: I Agree
    Me3. The tears, they are delicious.

All i can expect from a moron is a moronic reply, now that this is out of our way,
    So,is it another stealth nerf? because arena ret is about to die,esp since 3.1 i do arena and i never encounter another ret,haha!

"Don't nerf me bro!"

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    You can still use Divine Shield while Silenced, just not interrupted lockdown cause Bubble is going to be on cooldown cause of the interrupt.

Only thing I recall that we can't bubble through is the damn Cyclone.
    very true but through that logic it makes sense that u cant bubble out of hex since cyclone prevent all action(which is the fast way to say u cant attack or cast spells) and hex prevents u from attacking and casting spells which are the only action u can take so i wouldnt be surprised if they changed the wording on hex

Thats definitely a bug. Palas have always been able to bubble out of sap and it definitely works in BGs.

Earlier:

Sap pala, he trinkets.

Sap again (lol DR 5 sec sap) and he instantly bubbles then stands around doing nothing

I open after bubble and he dies lol

I could still use enraged regeneration while hexed.. so I dunno

15+ Year Old Account

hes asking for a straight answer yes or no.

i must say yes, cause yesterday i used bubble to break free from hex to finish a shaman off in arena.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by xenosque
    very true but through that logic it makes sense that u cant bubble out of hex since cyclone prevent all action(which is the fast way to say u cant attack or cast spells) and hex prevents u from attacking and casting spells which are the only action u can take so i wouldnt be surprised if they changed the wording on hex
    Actually the wording on hex is very explicit and the spell works exactly as described. What can you do besides attack or cast spells? Bandage, take a pot, and drop a totem are all things I have seen done. I believe you can also change stances, sprint and cast some other physical school spells (things that work like the totems). Most importantly a hexed target can run away, without so much as a speed impair. The list is actually quite long. I'm sure that if you can't bubble out of hex its a bug and will be fixed, after all that spell can't have s&*$ on polymorph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

They changed hex recently so rogues cant cloak of shadows out of it if we miss the precloak or it goes through the cloak anyway -.-

Lame.

A pally QQ about bubble?

wow a pala complaining that his over powered bubble got something that can resist against it boo hoo hoo.
    you should have chosen a class that takes skill to play in the first place.

now you can learn how to play when you can be CCed

One last time:

THERE IS NO BUG! Everything's working fine, and the OP probably forgot the shared CD from AW.

Wow...lulcats just made staying up till 4:00 on a Sunday so worth it. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    Only thing I recall that we can't bubble through is the damn Cyclone.

That´s actually been fixed short before end of S1, so there is no freakin´way that a pally can´t break Cyclone with bubble.

Sad to see how little actual knowledge of other classes arena players got those days!

Quote Originally Posted by Krittez
    Just created an account only to say: I Agree
    And I created an account to say: I disagree.

People need to learn bubble isn't some amazing piece of utility that makes us invincible. For one, bubble can be anticipated; Chain a paladin in CC and they'll most likely bubble. And when they're bubbled they now hit like sissies. You can easily kite them during the duration, it's not difficult. Not only that but two classes are capable of dispelling bubble making it laughable to priests and warriors. And if you're not one of those classes that can dispell it, then watch for the wings to pop. There's a lot of players out there who will just run into combat and pop wings hoping to burn you down. That's a perfect opportunity to CC and pwn then, because you know that they can not bubble. But the thing people don't realize the most about it is that the class is designed around having that utility. Paladin's can not chain CC, they can not fear, they can not disarm, they can not reduce healing, they can not silence, spellsteal, blink or teleport, and they can not stealth or vanish. Paladins are limited in scope and if you can't figure out how to deal with a single move they can use once every five minutes, then perhaps you should rethink your ability to play your class.

(and the reason it doesn't work on cyclone is because it's banish effect which prevents all actions)

On a similar note
    We/I've found that it isn't protecting from Divine Sacrifice or Seal of Blood which is mildly annoying and basically makes Sacrifice worthless now

As a Paladin I feel some things should be added to this thread because people don't really seem to know how the paladin bubble works.

You cannot use bubble when inside a cyclone, however you cannot be cycloned when your bubble is active(Hand of protection how ever does not protect you vs cyclone).
    You cannot use bubble when silenced.
    You cannot use bubble when interrupted.
    You cannot use bubble while under the effect of forbearance.
    You cannot use bubble for 30 seconds after you have used avenging wrath.
    Bubble has a global cooldown and you can actually die if you have bad lagg before bubble becomes active.

While under the effects of divine shield (bubble) a paladin's damage is reduced by 50%.

Bubble can be disabled by priests via mass dispel.
    Bubble can be disabled by warriors via shattering throw.

Now after the facts have been set, continue with thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity
    You can use bubble when silenced.
    Fixed