Anyone tried Deep Arcane/frost in 3.1?

Wanted to see if anyone has tried an update on an old fun spec from BC WoW, deep arcane frost. It would play out something like:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage=230005103100330150313102505320000000000000000000000000000005030303101300000000000000 00&glyph=122504060305&version=9806

I sold my BC Mage, currently leveling another one... so I don't have any numbers on how this perform at all. For all i know missile barrage is horrible in this and shouldn't even be used. But id like for someone to try it and let me know.

Some notes:

Using glyph of frostbolt considering that someone else, namely your tank, would be applying a snare for TotW on trash. If this is not the case for you, you're welcome to choose another glyph (although there arent many to choose from, and you'll probably just be using blizzard on trash anyways. Frostbolt isnt a snare on bosses, so it should be fine regardless).

1 point into magic attunement and 1 into arctic reach to give a little more range and to make sure you dont have to move on missile barrage procs. This is purely just preference. You can move the magic attunement point into spell impact, and have one free point after you take the point out of arctic reach to put into slow or arcane barrage or whatever.

rotation is simply spam frostbolt and use missile barrage on procs. If its anything like the spec from BC, you'll find the crit modifiers extremely fun with this spec. Used to use this on illidan since fire was kind of bad on him, rememeber up to 9k crits on the elementals.

My guess is you gem hit (until capped) > spell damage > crit > haste

Well if anyone tries this out, let me know! Its a fun alternative, but my guess is that using frostbolt over arcane blast now is just not as good. At least its more managable mana wise though.

"Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.

Deleted

Re: Anyone tried Deep Arcane/frost in 3.1?

You want us to test your build?

Also, that spec is dead.

lol I just asked if anyone had tried it. I'm not looking for a 10 page theorycrafting spreadsheet or a 5 hour dummy shooting session. calm down lol
    "Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.

This specc is a variation of the current Arcane PvE specc (57/3/11).
    And it's a valid variation,i mean you gain things from going deeper into Frost (Frost Channeling is gold for AB spam) but you give up on pushback protection,ArBar and Incineration.

Anyway,Frostbolt has no place in that specc,it's like spamming AB with a Frost PvE specc (18/0/53).They still do damage,but not serious.

Frost PvE specc
    L2class

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuma
    I sold my BC Mage
    reported