15+ Year Old Account

soft cap on crit ? enhance

Ive been told but I really dont want to be wrong. Is it true that around 30% melee crit you gain around 100% up time on unleashed rage and around 32% you gain 100% up time on flurry ? ive been dropping crit for ap and other stats base on that but ive never seen it posted. Also if thats true does spell crit compare to anything and do I need to worrie about it in the back of my mind? like glyph of flametounge or if im cutting out some crit for ap?

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: soft cap on crit ? enhance

dunno but im running around ~93% of flurry uptime with ~43% raidbuffed crit so guess its the "welcome to the world of RNG" - unleashed rage isnt that much of an problem tho

Deleted

The reason you've "never seen anything posted" is that it would be utterly meaningless to post such figures. The dps you do is based on complicated interactions between different stats. You really need to use a simulator or do your own testing on a lvl 83 target dummy to check what is best for you at your level of gear. There is no magical figure for crit, and no real cap other than the 75% hard crit cap. We gain a lot from ED uptime too and its spell crit that contributes to that. Plus the more crit you have the higher the numbers your dps is going to be.

Use one of the sims to check your gear rather than trying to guess what's best.

There's no "bright line" cap, per se. It's more a matter of diminishing returns where each additional crit rating has a diminishing effect on flurry and elemental devastation up time than the previous point of crit rating. So, as you already get towards and over 40% crit in raids, you'll start to get more dps return from other stats.