Warlock Pet hit/spell penetration

Okay, I'm so enfuriated at the moment I'm almost losing it.

PvP
    Isn't it meant for the pets to get the same hit/spell penetration as their master? I read some time ago that hunter pets get the Hunters hit, which makes total sense, and I've always assumed the same goes for Warlock pets. Anything other would just be plain stupid. I have almost 5% hit in my PvP gear, and 139 spell penetration - very doable against most classes.

But dispite that I get RESIST/IMMUNE on what it seems to be like 50% of all my seduces in arenas. It's a damn joke that's what it is!
    "- I'll seduce the pally" "resist" "MISS!?" "RESIST WHAT THE!?" - Team mate down.

And it happens in every second Arena it sems, I get so much resists and misses while trying to CC players that I'm not far from crying IRL. This simply can not be working as intended. Has anyone else noticed this while PvP'ing? I can't be alone on this one, and it just doesn't make any sense.

Fix Plx!

Re: Warlock Pet hit/spell penetration

It gets your hit, but not your penetration. It will also not get the 3% hit off your talent(i believe) so you will need 4% hit off gear, or 6% against blood elves if you want to cap your seduces.

only thing you can do about the resists is throw CoE.

Quote Originally Posted by illbanu
    It gets your hit, but not your penetration. It will also not get the 3% hit off your talent(i believe) so you will need 4% hit off gear, or 6% against blood elves if you want to cap your seduces.

only thing you can do about the resists is throw CoE.
    Pets dont get spell penetration idd, blizz stated this is very hard to code.. but it will come in the future. Also since 3.1 pets get the 3% hit of the talents, pre3.1 it wasnt ( it was only affliction spell or only destro spells if you specced it, while now its overall)

as destro i always use CoE anyway so pet benefit from it too .

Okay, sort of sucks - but thanks for the answer. What I don't get though is all my misses, even though I have 5% hit from gear only. Sounds like the easiest thing ever to program though, seeing as I'm sort of into all that. This is teh sux0r.

Quote Originally Posted by Proyouknow
    Okay, sort of sucks - but thanks for the answer. What I don't get though is all my misses, even though I have 5% hit from gear only. Sounds like the easiest thing ever to program though, seeing as I'm sort of into all that. This is teh sux0r.
    5% hit is not enough against some races tho you need 6% to never see a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by faranell
    5% hit is not enough against some races tho you need 6% to never see a miss.
    Yeah, I know. Hence me saying that "it's very doable against most classes". But I've gotten way more than just that 1%. Maybe it's RNG, I don't know for sure.

And CoE of course helps, but it's up on the nukeing target, not always on the CC target. Having to waste GCD's on CoE'ing CC-targets just becasue Blizzard cba to implement spell penetration is somewhat of a joke. Seeing as I play a burst combo in both 2v2 and 3v3 every second counts.

that pally could turn on shadow res aura and seduce is.. you know, shadow spell O_o Back in vanila it was normal to use Curse of shadows before seduce just to avoid resists. Try it

Quote Originally Posted by Reveil
    that pally could turn on shadow res aura and seduce is.. you know, shadow spell O_o Back in vanila it was normal to use Curse of shadows before seduce just to avoid resists. Try it
    Seems my previous post didn't go through :