[Enh] Darkmoon Card: Greatness

Is the agility darkmoon trinket still the best (non-hit) trinket in the game?

If not, what is better then it?

Thanks, just wondering because it still gives me the best results compared to any trinkets I've seen.

Re: [Enh] Darkmoon Card: Greatness

it's good, but there's a lot better options. since agi = 1 ap it's not as good for us as the str version is for str melees.

in end game gear, even mirror of truth seems to be superior to dmcg
    saccharin - blood furnace - <v a n q u i s h>

You are crazy if you believe Mirror is greater than Greatness. And yes, there are better trinkets, like the Pyrite Infuser off of 10 man regular Flame Leviathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexaholic
    You are crazy if you believe Mirror is greater than Greatness. And yes, there are better trinkets, like the Pyrite Infuser off of 10 man regular Flame Leviathan.
    just just have no idea.... for me with nearly best inslot items pre ulduar, mirror of truth is a lot better than darkmooncard.
    even the blue trinket with crit and hasteproc(or activate?) is a lot better than darkmooncard greatnes.

currently the darkmooncard is bad for enhancers..... one of the worst trinkets...... even the sundial of exiled castertrinket give more dps than darkmooncard.

With my actual gear (full T7 25), agi si far better tha 1 AP ! Agi is 1.7 aep for me. As hit and expertise capped, it's my best stat to increase now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trample
    With my actual gear (full T7 25), agi si far better tha 1 AP ! Agi is 1.7 aep for me. As hit and expertise capped, it's my best stat to increase now.

but still you get 1 ap from 1 agi, other classes like warriors get 2 ap per 1 str.

and its still much better to gem for ap instead of agi... cause more ap = more spellpower. and more hitdamage.

by the way your post has nothing to do with the thread, if darkmooncard is good or not...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cl4ymore
    just just have no idea.... for me with nearly best inslot items pre ulduar, mirror of truth is a lot better than darkmooncard.
    even the blue trinket with crit and hasteproc(or activate?) is a lot better than darkmooncard greatnes.

currently the darkmooncard is bad for enhancers..... one of the worst trinkets...... even the sundial of exiled castertrinket give more dps than darkmooncard.
    man im trying to figure out if this is some kind of troll or something, because you can be this stupid.

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t37332-e...ment_trinkets/

queue levva with the math
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu
    man im trying to figure out if this is some kind of troll or something, because you can be this stupid.

There's 2 threads on the first 2 pages somewhere on the shammy section here about enhancement trinkets. Read through them.
    A whole lot of simming and actual testing shows MoT to be better than DC:G. Sadly... But read it and find out. That EJ thread hasn't been updated for a while has it...

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu

just read ynos post...... this thread on elite jerks is damn old, and were not upgraded a long time.

i rawed it by myself with my actual gear, and darkmoon card is nearly the worst trinket chose for enhancers..... even the most caster trinkets are more effeciv currently.

currently i use, grim toll which is the best pre ulduar trinket even if you can hitcap with gear and gems only. i dont think that you can hitcap with only gear without gems, when you do not have a hit trinket.

the second trinket i use is mirror if truth... the reason this is better than darkmooncard is, that raw ap is just scaling much better than agi.
    so every well informed shaman gems pure ap, when he is hit and exp capped.

btw my raw says that this blue trinket with crit and haste is better than mirror currently, cause of the haste buff.
    but there is no big difference.

for my current gear, which is only pre udluar the best trinket combination ingame is:
    grim toll+mjolnir runestone.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Trample
    You are seriously mistaken. If you are getting AGI as only 1.7 AEP then its 15% worse than AP.

Remember that the item budget for AP is half the item budget for regular stats. You can see this clearest in gems for a blue gem you can get 16 of a regular stat like AGI or Hit or Expertise but 32 Attackpower. So ANY AEP value has to be OVER 2.0 to beat gemming/enchanting for pure AP.

If your AGI is 1.7 its therefore 0.3 less than the effective budget 2.0 value of AP. ie:0.3/2.0 = 15% less, so if you are gemming/enchanting for AGI you are losing DPS.

Remember of course that you can NEVER gear for AEP values as the simple fact of changing an item will change (sometimes radically) your AEP values. So you are even more seriously mistaken if you are GEARING for agi, as that not only shows a lack of understanding of the value of AP vs AGI it shows that you don't know how EP values work at all.

To get EP values to work you MUST recalculate after every change of item. If you rely on a set values you are potentially really screwing up your gear, and hence potentially missing out on a lot of dps.