Who - if any - is more entitled?

Hi Everyone.

Imagine a scenario in Ulduar where a caster staff or caster cape drops. The staff has spirit+crit+sp and the cape has crit+haste+sp. Both of which would benefit healers as well as mages/warlocks equally good.

Now, is any of the roles more entitled to the upgrade than the other?

I play both a resto/feral druid and an elemental shaman in Ulduar so i'm asking this from a neutral perspective.

However, reflecting about it lead me to believe the DPS has a higher effectiveness in his casts than the healer - due to overhealing and heals being sniped- and as such tips the scale in favor of the DPS role.

Please bear in mind that this is about effective objective gameplay and not a personal issue i've encountered.

What do you guys think?

Re: Who - if any - is more entitled?

If a caster gets it ----> MOAR dps ----> Less healers have to heal

If a healer gets it ----> MOAR healing ---> Can keep the raid alive longer

If the guy has a green / blue and wants it, don't give it to him, just /kick him from the raid.
    I Surf on Exodus Tears

Quote Originally Posted by wowman
    If a caster gets it ----> MOAR dps ----> Less healers have to heal

If a healer gets it ----> MOAR healing ---> Can keep the raid alive longer

If the guy has a green / blue and wants it, don't give it to him, just /kick him from the raid.
    /agreed
    Work in Progress....

Deleted

Healer can't take the +hit cloak/staff that drops from the next boss. Besides, it's the healers keeping the raid alive.

For the first; healer priority. DPS can go and take their hit gear.
    While this comes from a healer, I've passed the loot onto DPS and other healers multiple times, just to get them geared up.

Btw, while green is crap, I do recall some blue items that were very, very good.. very good indeed.. Bangle of Endless blessings from Botanica, anyone? Just as clear example, of course it isn't that good anymore.
    Stats > color of the item.

Aren't 2 of the better tanking trinkets Blue 187 level gear?

For clothies, I'd say healers over dps, but I'm a hunter and am used to getting the short end of the stick because most of my gear is melee DPS gear too, so what do I know.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

EPGP, DKP anyone? To be entitled to get an item can be measured in many many ways.
    Most of the +hit items arent really that good and it would feel like leaving the scraps to dps after healers but yea attendance/dkp or any other system is just to make it easier for not having to decide who is more entitled.

Spirit/Crit/Sp is usually a Warlock/Priest affair, in terms of priority, since ther's no other classes than those 2 that benefit that much of all the 3 stats (thinking about myself priest, Spirit stacks with Spirit of Redemption and Spirital Guidance, crit is for SoL and Holy Concentration,).

Crit/Haste/Sp is usually more for Palas/Shamans and all the DPS'ers.

Deleted

This is not quite true, as Moonkins will want Spirit as well.

Do not assign priorities on items.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauly

Now, is any of the roles more entitled to the upgrade than the other?
    The only time there is a priority is if you are specifically somewhere to get a specific toon an item or an overall lootgrade. In the Ulduar specific question, no. At that point, everyone should be fairly even so whomever bids the most, wins the loot. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================