Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: [RESTO] 3.1 Resto Glyphs

Got Chain Heal, ES and Mana Tide.

I think these are just the best you can have for your 25' man raid. Just switch Mana Tide with something else (LHW if you're going to heal some tank, Healing Stream if you won't use the your mana totem) if more healing is needed.

Hi all !

Some previous posters seem to use LHW glyph in a 25 man raid environment. I guess you're then assigned to tank healing (even if it's from time to time) ?

I could see the use of this glyph in a 10 man raid, as the role of a healer is not carved in stone, but in 25 I though shamans were most of the time assigned to raid healing, and paladins to tank healing.
    Anyway it's the way it is in my guild

Am I missing something somewhere ?

Is the whole point about "if you don't have mana issues, why do you need a glyph enhencing mana regen ?" and then use a glyph which enhance healing power instead, even if it's situational ?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    You shouldn't have mana problems.. That's what he's getting at. It's the other classes that have them, especially after the spirit nerf.
    ähm,..I was referring to his argument, that it is selfish (in a bad way) to use WaMa-Glyph. Since someone who uses WaMa tries to compensate individual mana problems, his comment with MTT being more effectiv is kinda useless. That has nothing to to with wether it's "possible" to go oom or not

Quote Originally Posted by Norahe
    Hi all !

Some previous posters seem to use LHW glyph in a 25 man raid environment. I guess you're then assigned to tank healing (even if it's from time to time) ?

I could see the use of this glyph in a 10 man raid, as the role of a healer is not carved in stone, but in 25 I though shamans were most of the time assigned to raid healing, and paladins to tank healing.
    Anyway it's the way it is in my guild

Am I missing something somewhere ?

Is the whole point about "if you don't have mana issues, why do you need a glyph enhencing mana regen ?" and then use a glyph which enhance healing power instead, even if it's situational ?
    LHW Glyph is imho a perfect addtion for a raidhealer. ES will aylways go to the tank and if there is a situation where the tank healers could need some extra help (or I decide they do ) you are always able to cast a ~0,9 secs Flashheal that heals as much as a big heal (if glyphed)

So I don't see any reason why raidhealing and LHw glyph don't fit together.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof
    LHW Glyph is imho a perfect addtion for a raidhealer. ES will aylways go to the tank and if there is a situation where the tank healers could need some extra help (or I decide they do ) you are always able to cast a ~0,9 secs Flashheal that heals as much as a big heal (if glyphed)

Not only that, but there are lots of bosses in new content where there's 3 tanks that need heals and the raid is rather spread out, but takes minimal raid damage (Iron Council, for example). Having the LHW Glyph means that you can remain effective on fights like these, instead of becoming dead weight. In fights like these, Resto Druids and both Priest specs will out-raidheal a resto shaman anyway.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

I guess I'll have to test it in action now

Raidhealing and LHW don't fit together cuz LHW is crit dependant to be allowed to have a stable mana pool. LHW is simply not mana efficient, plus they nerfed the Imp Water Shield talent (60% chance on proccing a charge, assuming 3/3).

Also, Ancestral Awakening is based on the efficient heal ammount you did on the target, which means your overheals won't do anything to the raid.

Indeed LHW + ES glyphs is an ok strategy for tank healing, but we're not tank healers, it is not mana efficient, leave that to the paladins and disc priests.

As for glyphing, I'm thinking about switching my Water Mastery to either Healing Stream or Earthshield and the Mana Tide Totem for the remaining one (assuming the mana efficience on the fight).

Ancestral awakening is no longer based on effective healing, which means your overheals WILL help the raid still. As far as glyphs go all shamans should have earthshield regardless or raid or tank healing.

Other than that i am really curious as to how riptide stacks up compared to other glyphs. With the 2pc t8 you are looking at ~2k extra healing per riptide as well as more time to spread in riptide boosted chainheals (which is the big part). How does this compare to the extra 1khealing you get for the 4th chainheal target assuming you even get that many?

I sometimes hop into resto dual spec for ulduar 25. If my only concern is raid healing is chain heal, riptide and healing stream totem a good choice? I mean like strictly no tank healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizjub
    I sometimes hop into resto dual spec for ulduar 25. If my only concern is raid healing is chain heal, riptide and healing stream totem a good choice? I mean like strictly no tank healing.
    Glyph of Earth Shield is innately superior to Glyph of Riptide. Even as a 100% raid healer you should always have your Earth Shield up on a tank, it's an amazing amount of tank healing for a minimal mana investment, and it makes the other healers thank you for making their jobs easier.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

As a raid healer i have ~15/16% healing done by Riptide, and ~11/12% by ES.

ES glyph increases ES healing by 20%.
    Riptide Glyph increases HoT portion by 2 ticks up to 7, from 5 so its 40% more healing on HoT.
    HoT is ~75% of total healing done by Riptide.

Lets assume i healed for 10 millions.

1.6 million was Riptide. And 1.2 millions was HoT part. Now Increase it by 40%.

Then take ES wich did 1.2 million healing, and increase it by 20%.

Now, im not saying ES glyph isnt worth it, it is. I'm also using LHW cause tanks ARE part of a raid, and throwing them a heal is common thing. What i am thinking bout is switching off mandatory (before 3.1) glyph of CH.

3.1 made crit and both LHW and HW extremely good for restos. Saying LHW is inefficient is... stupid? Please read up bout actual changes, and try things before posting.

PS. Before you bash me bout CH glyph, i still got it, im just thinking bout swithing it off for riptide, and would like to know what other people are thinking. And yes im one of those shamans that ALWAYS cast riptide when i got it off the CD, it's imba spell.

The HoT isn't always going to be 75% of the healing done by riptide since the target should be topped off if you're bringing more than 4 healers.

Realistically, it should be about 10-40%. It is also going to depend on the fight since how much periodic damage is going on?

You must not bring a druid, or a 'good' druid to your raids if your hot is doing more healing than the initial hit.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

This is simply not true.

We usually did naxx with 5 healers (i know some were doing it with 3 or so, but ours were normal raids not dps race for fastest kills), and numbers were always between 70% and 75%. Im pretty sure that if you check your numbers you'll have similiar values. It doesnt matter if we bring resto druids or not (we have 1, and he's good). HoT is different mechanics as you know, if they were useless with other healers around they wouldnt exists.

Druids HoTs dont overwrite my HoTs, if anything they heal together, but it still wont change a thing with how much my HoT is healing as a % of total healing done by Riptide.

It was like that in 25 mans with 5 healers, it's like that in ulduar 10 with 3 healers, and so on. Also everyone who thinks that last two ticks wont heal are mistaken. We all know how much AoE dmg in ulduar, and before last tick of HoT from Riptide will tick, people will need healing couple of times. 21 seconds is A LOT.

And im not even paying too much attention to let the HoT heal. Im a spammer i always cast, there are only few unused GCD for me. I dont care if Riptide will overwrite the HoT or not, if i see someone who NEEDS immediate heal i will go with Riptide even if they already have HoT.

Numbers are numbers, these are how they look for my raids, and saying i wont have these numbers with different setup is silly, cause im raiding with THAT setup :P Im not saying everyone should have numbers like me, im saying how it looks like for me, and asking what others might think of it :P If there are other shamans who are healing similiar to me, then maybe they'd like to try it too.

Aso 15% for Riptide isnt much, its lowest value i ever get. I varies between 15% and 20%.

It may just be when I use riptide, the target is usually topped off almost immediately afterward. Riptide itself is usually about 20% of my heals, so it isn't like I don't use it.

I try not to overheal (I know the hot doesn't tick when the target is at full), so that may be why I try not to use riptide unless a tank takes spike damage, or a raid member get's hit.

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Actually i made a mistake. I was always making.

When i was checking numbers on recount i thought 70% is for amount healed by Riptide HoT, but actually it was only amount of ticks compared to amount of Riptide normal casts/crits :S

This sucks, now i dont know if any of what i wrote has any point lol :P Feel a bit stupid... Anyone knows if there is a way to check how much healing did HoT and how much healign was direct?

Sorry for confusion :S

WWS can break it down, recount is also able to I believe.

Glyph of Chain Heal, Earth Shield, and Healing Stream work best for me. Since mana has never been an issue with our healers. With mana spring and pally wisdom not stacking the difference isn't much, and for large area fights (like General Vezax) wisdom is obviously the better choice.

I would use healing stream glyph, but I like to occasionally throw lhw on the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by gimark
    Glyph of Chain Heal, Earth Shield, and Healing Stream work best for me. Since mana has never been an issue with our healers. With mana spring and pally wisdom not stacking the difference isn't much, and for large area fights (like General Vezax) wisdom is obviously the better choice.
    Have you actually done Vezax? lol. You know you have zero mana regen in that fight, right? And that Wisdom does nothing for you?

I'm still running Chain Heal, Mastery and Lesser Healing Wave for my resto glyphs. I've considered changing a few of them, but I'm keeping them the same for the time being until I can grasp how my healing and mana regen is once I'm in a good bit of Ulduar gear.

Generally I stick to good old Chain Heal, Earth Shield, Water Mastery.

I can goto manatide sometimes but that's only if I'm actually in a group with casters, which doesn't occur for me (We have about 2 million shamans in our guild {5 actually}).

I avoid LHW glyph because it requires me to heal my earthshielded target and I tend to be raid healing alot, as pallies are WAY better at tank healing, as they have more tools for it. If tank healing is required it's generally because the tanks taking huge damage via plazma blast or vezexs horrendously huge melle swings so I tend to use Healing wave instead, with heal cancelling of course.

Ontop of the fact my guild generally brings 2 or more tanks to 25 man as needed, so only one of them would be recieving the bigger lesser healing waves.

please correct me if my math is wrong

With 2 T7.5 and Glyph of Water Mastery (for 33MP5) over a 5 min fight you'll get 1980 mana returned.

To get 1980 mana returned from Glyph of Mana Tide solely, you would need a raid buffed total mana pool of 49500.

If other healers are going OOM, then grab mana tide glyph.
    If your going OOM, maybe stick with water mastery.