Thread: [Rapture]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [Rapture]

finnaly some good answers, thanks!
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Tixwi

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Mnem%C3%AEc

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    It's not my fault some of you are mentally challenged, you should complain to someone else about it. It's plain and simple English, it's not me who has to learn to read, it's you rarwzs. A bit of English comprehension wouldn't hurt.

You get 2%, target gets 2.5%. You can shield yourself. Pull the conclusion out now.
    Having 4 stars under your name makes you feel superior?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100
    Having 5 stars makes me feel awesome. But as much as I can't stand syanid, he is right in that it is pretty simple reading comprehension.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

And think how could someone be with Five! Fiveeeeee!!!1!!11!

You get 2%, target gets 2.5%. You can shield yourself. Pull the conclusion out now.
    Just beautiful.

He complain about someone's comprehension and he doesn't understand it himself...

YOU get 2.5%, TARGET get 2%.

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

as you can see on countless other threats syanid has a severe case of the h1n1 internet tough guy flu. take cover so you won't get infected!
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithip
    Just beautiful.

He complain about someone's comprehension and he doesn't understand it himself...

You get 2.5%. The target gets 2%. If you target yourself, then you (yourself) gain 2.5%, and your target (yourself) gains 2%.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by rarwzs
    3/3 [Rapture], does the the 2% of the mana thing work on my self? if I cast shield on me I get 2% of my mana and 2.5% of my mana again after it has been dispelled/absorbed?

Thanks in advance.
    I will answer this simply, which tbh should have been done the first reply rather than this thread dragging out to a couple of pages of sarcasm.

The answer to your question is.... yes.

This thread reminds me of:

Their vs There vs They're
    Duel vs Dual
    Your vs You're

etc...

Just beautiful.

I've to quote this so I can laugh later

Why can't you understand that you can be the target too is beyond me.

No, having stars at some forums under my nick doesn't add up to my superiority feeling, which I don't have. It's not my fault some are born to be sheeps.

If people gave it some thoughts or googled stuff before asking, or even TRY it themselves - there would be way way less flame and humiliation.

You can bash me all you want, but a stupid person is stupid, no matter how many of you gather and moo at me.

syanid, I'm gonna do something I normally don't do on this forums..... I'm gonna try to help an elitist jerk out.... just a little bit.

You wrote, and I quote:

They wrote:

Just beautiful.

Notice that in your ORIGINAL post, which he quoted, you wrote:

You get 2%, target gets 2.5%

He was correcting the fact that you don't know WHICH person gets the correct amount of mana. You said the priest gets 2% and target gets 2.5%, when in actuality, and according to the talent itself, the priest gets 2.5% and the target gets 2%.

Reading comprehension is your friend. Next time you try to be an ass, please, for the love of God, proofread your post.

Its really not that stupid a question.

Yes it sounds like it SHOULD work that way from the tooltip, but how many tooltips like that are confusing or wrong, especially when its the same effect double stacking. Sometimes things don't work exactly as the tooltip describes and this is a funky mechanic where the only way to know for sure is to line by line in your combat log and look at the values. They are even both called "rapture" procs so you have to look at the timing and sizes to know for sure.

You can raid shield multiple people to force multiple rapture procs at once if you know a big enough AoE is incoming too, but the tooltip doesn't sound like that should be possible either.

Yes you can get the 2.5% + 2% off shielding yourself though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushuna
    He was correcting the fact that you don't know WHICH person gets the correct amount of mana. You said the priest gets 2% and target gets 2.5%, when in actuality, and according to the talent itself, the priest gets 2.5% and the target gets 2%.
    I actually _did_ correct myself, anyone with IQ over 90 can see it. Please, can you give up trying to call me elitist jerk and so on, I don't have a problem with admitting making a mistake and correcting myself.

I'm not an ass, I just hate people who ask questions without trying to get an answer the simple way (search and try it yourself method) and who can't understand simple english wording.

For the love of god, get off my case if you want to flame me, it insults average intelligence of the reader and my own reading such lame flame posts.

Yeah to be fair, not everything works the way it sound like it should. This one was pretty simple to test out yourself though. The first day of 3.1 I went to do some dailies and noticed the double proc in my log immediately, also the 2 procs above my head with scrolling combat text.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

I was unsure myself, so I tested it out, it works this way:
    When you shield yourself and it runs out normally, you will recieve 0 mana. If the shield you cast on yourself gets 100% absorbed you will get 2,5% mana + the other 2% cuz you casted it on yourself.

When you cast it on another, and it doesn't get absorbed 100%, you will recieve 0. If it gets absorbed 100%, you will get 2,5% mana and the shielded target will get 32Runic power/8 rage/Energy/2% Mana.

And remember, if it doesn't get absorbed 100%, none will recieve anything at all.
    And ye, the tooltip IS confusing ;p

Hope it helps

I've to quote this so I can laugh later

Why can't you understand that you can be the target too is beyond me.

Woah, where did i wrote that you can't be the target?

Please lead me to this, buddy

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.