Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Returning after 1 month away - what spec after 3.1?

Ooh first post after reading this online at work (but not able to register....) since bt stole my internet a month ago. :P

Basically, read alot about 3.1. Was FFB pre-patch but by sound of it i think either FB/TTW or Arcane would be the way to go.

Armory link:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hammer&n=Scism

Let me know your thoughts.

Scism

ps ive got some other same lvl items in the bank (especially chest) if stats are out, but im not hardcore so cant just 'get' x or y etc. Thx

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

Chronik

Re: Returning after 1 month away - what spec after 3.1?

Until you get your haste over 400 you should go Arcane but for now I would recommend TTW/Fireball spec

You wont be hit capped if you spec TTW FB. Could go FFB or Arcane and meet cap. I recommend arcane because of the heavy involvement/attention required to be successful as well as the high dps. Its not like the spam FFB builds = )

Totally imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DDragon22
    You wont be hit capped if you spec TTW FB. Could go FFB or Arcane and meet cap. I recommend arcane because of the heavy involvement/attention required to be successful as well as the high dps. Its not like the spam FFB builds = )

Totally imo.
    vs. spam AB? Lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphelyka
    vs. spam AB? Lulz.
    Play arcane and come back, moron.

vs. spam AB? Lulz.
    Arcane involves 3 spells, the rotation being Arcane Blast*3 then Arcane Barrage. If missile barrage procs off of arcane barrage then you use arcane missiles straight away whereas if it procs off of arcane blast you wait for 3 Arcane Blast debuffs and then Arcane Missiles followed by an Arcane Barrage for another chance to proc Missile Barrage.

Play the spec before you flame it.

vs. spam AB? Lulz.
    ^^Noob Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymage
    Play arcane and come back, moron.
    vs. spam AB? Lulz.

kkthx bye mightymage

spam frostbolt pew pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by Celebronde
    Arcane involves 3 spells, the rotation being Arcane Blast*3 then Arcane Barrage. If missile barrage procs off of arcane barrage then you use arcane missiles straight away whereas if it procs off of arcane blast you wait for 3 Arcane Blast debuffs and then Arcane Missiles followed by an Arcane Barrage for another chance to proc Missile Barrage.

You don't barrage ever. Unless you are moving. You clear it with missles regardless of proc.

Arcane isn't as forgiving as the other trees when you screw up your rotation or don't adjust it on a per fight basis. This is often why people say "Arcane" is so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Malice83
    vs. spam AB? Lulz.

kkthx bye mightymage
    You are ignorant and that's fine. Nobody really cares.

The truth of the matter is, Arcane may be the easiest to operate... Assuming you know the rotation. Fireball may be the easiest to operate because it is a bit more forgiving if you face roll the rotation.

I personally find tracking multiple debuffs on Fireball a lot more irritating than Arcane, but that's why I roll Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebronde

FYI Numb Nuts, go read some literature on this rotation. ABarr isn't used much by high dps Arcane as it is a dps decrease. Research is on Elitist Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir
    Arcane isn't as forgiving as the other trees when you screw up your rotation or don't adjust it on a per fight basis. This is often why people say "Arcane" is so hard.

The truth of the matter is, Arcane may be the easiest to operate... Assuming you know the rotation. Fireball may be the easiest to operate because it is a bit more forgiving if you face roll the rotation.

I personally find tracking multiple debuffs on Fireball a lot more irritating than Arcane, but that's why I roll Arcane.

FYI Numb Nuts, go read some literature on this rotation. ABarr isn't used much by high dps Arcane as it is a dps decrease. Research is on Elitist Jerks.
    I am ignorant how? I said the same thing you did before you did...

Tracking multiple debuffs? You mean the ONE debuff Living Bomb? Fire is easier to use because random things can interrupt your rotation (Ulduar) which forces you to move stop casting etc, which makes Fire easier and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Malice83
    I am ignorant how? I said the same thing you did before you did...

Tracking multiple debuffs? You mean the ONE debuff Living Bomb? Fire is easier to use because random things can interrupt your rotation (Ulduar) which forces you to move stop casting etc, which makes Fire easier and better.
    Scorch, Living Bomb, Fireball dots, etc. I'm starting to think you don't play much of your mage, do you? I run a DoT Matrix addin that has at anytime between 3-5 DoTs/Debuffs scrolling across my screen on Fire.

Arcane has maybe one if you're using Slow due to no warrior tank.

Arcane has maybe one if you're using Slow due to no warrior tank.
    Any tank can provide the required debuff for TotW. Druids Infected wounds, Paladins Judgements of the Just, Death Knights Frost Fever and Warriors thunder clap. Thus Arcane has no need to keep Slow up during a boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutannia
    Any tank can provide the required debuff for TotW. Druids Infected wounds, Paladins Judgements of the Just, Death Knights Frost Fever and Warriors thunder clap. Thus Arcane has no need to keep Slow up during a boss fight.
    Okay, let me rephrase.

Arcane has maybe one if you're using Slow due to no intelligent tank.

I rarely use it these days, but it has it's moments... Usually when I'm off working on adds. Such as Naxx 25 Kel'Thuzad Banshee or Bombs in Ulduar XT fight.

OP here :P

Ended up finding 1000g behind the sofa (or scrouged some g from alts) and getting duel spec Arcane and TTW/FB. Using Arcane for first time and loving it. Doing 3K dps - better than ever

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

Okay, let me rephrase.

Arcane has maybe one if you're using Slow due to no intelligent tank.

I rarely use it these days, but it has it's moments... Usually when I'm off working on adds. Such as Naxx 25 Kel'Thuzad Banshee or Bombs in Ulduar XT fight.
    why would you spec for slow as a pve arcane mage to begin with...

There should always be a snare on mobs, especially in 25. Im unsure why a tank wouldnt have it up..

Quote Originally Posted by scism
    OP here :P

Ended up finding 1000g behind the sofa (or scrouged some g from alts) and getting duel spec Arcane and TTW/FB. Using Arcane for first time and loving it. Doing 3K dps - better than ever
    yeah... arcane is the way to go. I wear 520 resil and 85 spell pen (dont have a dedicated set of PVE gear yet...) and I still do about 3500-3600 dps in 25 mans. That spec is good shizzle.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Which page of the Arcane thread shows that ABarr is a decrease now?

First page still shows Abarr after 3 AB if no missile proc is still higher dps

15+ Year Old Account

Basicaly do not return :P