Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Restoration healing tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    I'd agree with that - I never said druids weren't good at other roles too, and in fact this may be the best argument for them not to be pure tank healers. Eg, if you've got a holy pally, disc priest, and resto druid in a 10 man raid, then there's no question you'd put the druid on raid heals and the others on tank heals.
    Yeah and it is so wrong done! We are only different with Wild Growth from the Paladin and the Priest, and that shouldn't make much of a difference :S

Quote Originally Posted by Nithian
    Get your "Ohshit!" macros made.... Nature's Swiftness+Healing Touch and Barkskin+Tranquility are my most helpful two.
    The second one saved my Ulduar 10 Raid a 2% wipe at Kologarn yesterday. I never thought about the combination of BS and Tranq to be honest, but at second sight it's very useful.
    Gilneas EU - Germany, so I don't have to be perfect in English ;D

With full HoTs Nourish lands for 8k with a ~50% chance for a 12k crit plus a 4k shield.
    My SP is currently around 2150 in tree form unbuffed, I have the nourish glyph and I come nowhere near those numbers even with full hots: best I get is 5500-6000 with 9k crits (though i don't have 4 t7 pieces, which may explain it) In fact I get better results with much lower cast time using a healing touch spec, at the cost of slightly more mana cost that i don't mind so much since I'm rarely a dedicated tank healer. Since everyone is praising nourish so much I wonder what am I doing wrong.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen
    My SP is currently around 2150 in tree form unbuffed, I have the nourish glyph and I come nowhere near those numbers even with full hots: best I get is 5500-6000 with 9k crits (though i don't have 4 t7 pieces, which may explain it)
    I'd say it's both your SP (I have 2500 SP) and your lack of 4T7. I just tested and completely unbuffed my Nourish is getting ~7.5k with 11k crits. Flask + raid buffs would easily push that to 8k with 12k crits.

In fact I get better results with much lower cast time using a healing touch spec, at the cost of slightly more mana cost that i don't mind so much since I'm rarely a dedicated tank healer. Since everyone is praising nourish so much I wonder what am I doing wrong.
    4T7 is the main one. Nourish also scales better compared to HT.

Didn't see you mention it, but have you got the Nourish glyph as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

My best tips would be like this:

1. Allways have Wild Growth on cooldown, and be sure to glyph it. If the raid is fully topped, throw it at meeles, they will take damage more likely

2. When you have clearcast, use that for a Regrowth on the tank, it will let you throw off a Swiftmend during the very long HoT period

3. Nourish rocks. Its the best heal I have. Keep T7.5 -4 bonus and glyph it, If you wanna go for Ulduar pieces do belt, bracers etc. first.

4. If you got decent tank healers, then save NS for rebirth, and instant rezz is faster and give you more mobility to rezz in certain situations

5. Dont relay on your innervate, but have it glyphed anyway. Priests benifit a bit more for it, so its a nice addion for you too

If you actually do the numbers you'll find we can actually put out a crapload of HPS on single targets. With the proper spec, between Regrowth HoT, Rejuv HoT, 3xLB, and Nourish spamming with glyph + 4T7, I reckon we'd be doing just as much as a pally.

Also, druids do better against fast hitting attacks as it means more of our HoTs will actually tick rather than slow hits where the tank is on 100% most of the time.

With full HoTs Nourish lands for 8k with a ~50% chance for a 12k crit plus a 4k shield, and with Nature's Grace Nourish spamming will give you a 1s cast almost 100% of the time. That plus HoTs easily puts us above 10k HPS potential for single target healing. I don't know a lot about pally healing numbers, but I'd be extremely surprised if it's a lot more than that. Also, I'm fairly certain they can't get anywhere near that with FoL, and HL has a lot slower cast time leading to much greater overhealing.
    Druids will oom a lot faster than a paladin doing the same amount of healing single target.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Flanky
    5. Dont relay on your innervate, but have it glyphed anyway. Priests benifit a bit more for it, so its a nice addion for you too
    I am normally the greedy type of person, when it comes to giving Innervate to other players. I like keeping it for a safety reason :P The Priests should have their own way to gain mana

Quote Originally Posted by Araz
    I am normally the greedy type of person, when it comes to giving Innervate to other players. I like keeping it for a safety reason :P The Priests should have their own way to gain mana
    Shadowfiend

I would of thought with lifebloom changes you would want to get rid of the lifebloom glyph since bloomin isnt such a bad thing an extra 1 sec seems such a waste for a glyph slot.

Quote Originally Posted by elapadrinar
    *let lifebloom bloom if you can spare the GCDs to get it stacked back up. its more mana efficient and it has a very nice heal at the end now
    Letting lifebloom bloom is a situational heal, at best. Most of the time, saving your GCDs is a much better thing to do than taking a 12-20k overheal in exchange for 1470ish 'mana returned' -- especially when you're going to spend another 2200ish mana immediately afterwards to restack it. If your GCDs are worth that little to you.. go ahead I guess.

My tip:

An addon like lifebloomer will make it much easier to raid heal freely while reminding you how much time is left on your rolling lifebloom target

I'd say it's both your SP (I have 2500 SP) and your lack of 4T7. I just tested and completely unbuffed my Nourish is getting ~7.5k with 11k crits. Flask + raid buffs would easily push that to 8k with 12k crits.

4T7 is the main one. Nourish also scales better compared to HT.

Didn't see you mention it, but have you got the Nourish glyph as well?
    Yes, of course I'm using the glyph. I think I'll stick with HT until I have better equipment - more SP and haste will probably tip the balance towards Nourish, but right now if I need to land a direct heal on someone is because he needs it without delay. At that role HT still beats Nourish.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Here's a thought i haven't actually tested out yet since my druid still isn't 80, but wouldn't it be best now to always use OoC proccs for lifebloom. Makes sense as you negate the higher mana cost and ayou can cactually use OoC te return mana to you.

On second thought, it might mess up your timers since it's an unreliable proc. Does anybody have any thoughts about this?

I'd have to agree that its probably better to use lifebloom on OoC for the extra 400 mana IF you don't need to cast something that costs more than 400 mana. If your choosing to cast Regrowth for a 100% overheal then your probably better off with lifebloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanky
    My best tips would be like this:

1. Allways have Wild Growth on cooldown, and be sure to glyph it. If the raid is fully topped, throw it at meeles, they will take damage more likely

2. When you have clearcast, use that for a Regrowth on the tank, it will let you throw off a Swiftmend during the very long HoT period

3. Nourish rocks. Its the best heal I have. Keep T7.5 -4 bonus and glyph it, If you wanna go for Ulduar pieces do belt, bracers etc. first.

4. If you got decent tank healers, then save NS for rebirth, and instant rezz is faster and give you more mobility to rezz in certain situations

@1. "be sure to glyph it" is not always good, especially if your doing 10 mans because 6 people probably won't be grouped up most of the time.

@2. Your better off casting lifebloom for the extra 400ish mana, rejuv should already be up for swiftmend when needed.

@4. I guess this is ok if you never use NS... but your sacreficing your "oh shit" heal (NS+HT) for a 1.5 sec cast time...

@5. If you find yourself running out of mana then go for the innervate glyph, all your healers should be critical to the fight and unless you aren't having mana problems at all, i'd keep it for yourself. If you are constantly giving it away then I'd consider the innervate glyph, otherwise no.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekool
    Druids will oom a lot faster than a paladin doing the same amount of healing single target.
    Perhaps, however if it's longer than the duration of the fight, it's irrelevant (personally I've never gone OOM with this strategy during boss fights). I'm still not convinced that pallies can get equivalent output anyway - equivalent meaning 10k+ HPS and comparable effectiveness compared to the druid's heals landing so often (LB tick every second, Rejuv & Regrowth every 3 secs, Nourish landing every second, a 4k shield every 2 seconds, and likely WG ticking every second as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by kaylon
    - balanced HoT set with around 220 haste (softcap in raids with GotEM) After hastecap go for spellpower
    The original math for this on EJ was wrong. Softcap is 359.

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t40221-r...1/#post1079250

15+ Year Old Account

Correct.

There's also a nice GotEM calculator over there on Resto4Life.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by ticklememo
    Letting lifebloom bloom is a situational heal, at best. Most of the time, saving your GCDs is a much better thing to do than taking a 12-20k overheal in exchange for 1470ish 'mana returned' -- especially when you're going to spend another 2200ish mana immediately afterwards to restack it. If your GCDs are worth that little to you.. go ahead I guess.

My tip:

An addon like lifebloomer will make it much easier to raid heal freely while reminding you how much time is left on your rolling lifebloom target
    See Lifebloom's Mana Mechanics for detailed information on the mana efficiency of letting Lifebloom bloom vs. keeping it rolling.