Noobish arena idea/question, AP over Crit?

Ok, so I never did arena in BC but got into doing BGs pretty heavily a few monthes before WotLK came out. Now that i've covered most of the end game raid content I'd like to start getting into Arenas. From what I've heard arenas are mostly reliant on burst damage, and I know that Resilence is important for many classes, espicially clothies to take less damage from crits. Anyway as I was going over some starting gear to use I thought of something, If resilence reduces damage from crits, why not forget about crit rating and go for all AP? Correct me if i'm wrong, but resil ONLY reduces crit damage, (if I was wrong it would kinda ruin the post...), so if you replaced all crit rating from enchants, gems, and gear (if you could find it) with AP, you'd be doing up to 1.4 - 1.5 times as much damage, which is not affected by resil, on non crits, meaning every hit, with occasional huge crits. Looking at some of the higher resil ratings the crit-damage-reduction was reaching up to 30% meaning that if you went with this idea, non-crits could be doing only about 20-30% less damage then crits if you were crit geared.

I don't know if this idea could work at all, I might be just to used to sustained dps for raids, but could anyone tell me what they think about this?

Forgot to mention, i'm a frost dps dk.

Probably another stupid idea i came up with when i was tired and the servers were down...

Thanks, before-hand.

BTW: THIS IS NOT A TROLL, I'VE JUST NEVER DONE ARENAS BEFORE SO IDK...

Re: Noobish arena idea/question, AP over Crit?

Ressilience does not only redueses DMG taken from crits, but also reduses critchance on mobs/playayers attacking you and reduses DMG taken from all kind of dots to.
    AP does not go to much over crit to, if you crit a player you get a little murst DMG on him and can make him panic or confused that can fuck his playing. If you suddendly starts to crit him for some burst DMG he might use a CD or two in panic that he might not need to, but he used them in panic anyway.
    So much AP/spell power, but still go for some crit for that little scary DMG

Resil reduse:
    1)chanse you will be criticaly hit
    2)critical hits dmg
    3)all incoming dmg

If i calculated right 1 resil rtg = - 0.0121 and 1 crit rtg = +0.0217 so for ignore 700 resil you need get like 400 crit rtg. etc. (its all only about crit rtg VS resil, not flat dmg reduction).

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

picked the wrong season to get into death knight arena.

last season was amazing for you.

Crit is still useful. Chances are you will still need to be able to crit an enemy effectively to get some good burst on them. I would gem +16 str though if it is anything like arms warrior.

Allright, well thanks for the help guys.
    ;D

dont go solely in one stat
    balance ap and crit
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.