Should Blizz change the minimum numbers of players needed for a BG to start?

Atm Ive seen lots of posts about unbalanced AV where its 40 Vs 15 etc, on my battleground Im often finding AB starting with 15 Alliance against 5 horde and it often takes a good couple of minutes before more horde come, at which point the Alliance have almost won and most Horde just give up, this makes it a very uphill struggle to get those 100win achievements.

Im not sure if anyone has said it before but should Blizzard change it so a BG cant even start unless the sides a little more fair. (AV 40 V 30, AB 15 V 10 etc) I know currrently the battle will start and then if there isnt enough the timer "this game will close in 5mins" comes up. I would much rather wait those extra few minutes to start a more equal battle (Im horde and we are always outnumbered)

Im sure if you're on the side that is always on top will disagree with me but I really think it will fix the unbalanced BGs as they currently stand

Re: Should Blizz change the minimum numbers of players needed for a BG to start?

I'd say a better fix would be to reduce the amount of time it took for an undermaned game to end 5 mins is enough time for someone to 5 cap and AB and be well on there road to victory.

Re: Should Blizz change the minimum numbers of players needed for a BG to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Xthform
    I'd say a better fix would be to reduce the amount of time it took for an undermaned game to end 5 mins is enough time for someone to 5 cap and AB and be well on there road to victory.
    this and I also think they should increase amount of players from each faction needed to even start bg. Some battlegroups aren't balanced enough and battlerounds there are often won by outnumbering. 40/8 AV isn't cool, same for 6/15 AB.
    Maybe they should even delay starts of bgs untill both sides are balanced

you make a good point I dont mind loseing if its even but 15v8 is not fun . Bliss for christmas can I have even BG,s please i will be your bff. ;D

I dont mind the outnumbering of and or the other but give us a Buff like in Wintergrasp.

15+ Year Old Account

this undermaning is a result of what some players do, people that just want to join the fastest battleground joins in for 3 diferent and if 2 pops up at the same time there are for example

15 alliance vs 10 horde (would have been 11 if that player had only qued for AB)

but instead he qued for several BG's and instead of going in boring AB he goes to WSG, this is something players have done and im pretty sure that blizz wont start a new AB with 15 vs 5. but it will end this way because not enough ppl press accept.

also the reason it takes some time to come in is because that if a player does not leave the que after he join a diferent BG blizz wont give que to other players as it might lead to over 15 in a match of AB
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    this undermaning is a result of what some players do, people that just want to join the fastest battleground joins in for 3 diferent and if 2 pops up at the same time there are for example

15 alliance vs 10 horde (would have been 11 if that player had only qued for AB)

but instead he qued for several BG's and instead of going in boring AB he goes to WSG, this is something players have done and im pretty sure that blizz wont start a new AB with 15 vs 5. but it will end this way because not enough ppl press accept.

also the reason it takes some time to come in is because that if a player does not leave the que after he join a diferent BG blizz wont give que to other players as it might lead to over 15 in a match of AB
    I understand what you are trying to say but you presume that only the undermanned faction does that. Both Horde and Alliance do the same so it really doesnt matter.

Yes, almost anyone would agree. Blizzard need to make it so that the BG star timer does not even start till the bg is full. Also get rid of tenacity it ruins WG. The ally on my server shouldn't be rewarded for being lazy, when the majority of the horde population is actually decent at pvp and a majority of the top 10 teams in 2s, 3s,and 5s are all horde. The ally need to l2 pvp and low level horde i.e. anyone 71 to 78 need to not even que for AV if your not full t5+, your northrend blues and greens are shit and you shouldn't even bother joining you just a hinderence. My full t5 71 Mage out dpses all of you scrub 75 - 78s in your blues and greens.

It depends on the amount of total horde/alliance players on the battleground that pvp, if one of either has a lot less then that faction will most likely lose 90% of the games.

The first minutes in a BG are crucial in many cases, and even if you last that long on some battlegroups there's still a big chance you wont fill up.

On my battlegroup the horde always loses because we start with 8 when the alliance have 15, sometimes i see the alliance have actually one or two spots free but they instantly fill up at game start. Wtb fix.

agreed, ab or wsg isn't too bad when outnumbered because u can still win if u can use strategy, wheras AV is simply a brute force bg. Either the limit on AV needs to be raised to 20 or so, or the number of players allowed on a team needs to be lowered to 30ish.
    so far, i have got 33 AV marks, with 2 AV wins, total bullshit.

first people QQ'd about the queues being too long, now you're QQing because the BG's arent even.. it does suck starting off like that, but people have complained about the queues being too long for blizz to go back to long queues and a little "even-er" battlegrounds, tough luck eh?

Even without queues those things could happen. Because the game cannot know how many of the queued players actually will enter the BG - or not. The game can only assume that n players will enter the game. But if player X decides to not enter the game then there is nothing the game can do. Sure, multi-BG queues make things even more worse. But the removal wouldn't resolve the problem. To solve this problem the game would have to wait until at least, let's say, 80% of players had entered the BG. But I really doubt we want something like this Assume you entered AV and waited, and waited ... and waited

Honestly my server is like 70% horde 30% alliance. (I'm alliance)

As much as it sucks to have way more horde in a BG sometimes, I'd rather not sit there for 10 minutes waiting for more people.

Quote Originally Posted by shiroii
    Honestly my server is like 70% horde 30% alliance. (I'm alliance)

As much as it sucks to have way more horde in a BG sometimes, I'd rather not sit there for 10 minutes waiting for more people.
    Agreed. This is what I wanted to say. I believe there is no clean solution for this problem.