haste on healers gear

To a limited extent, haste allows heals to connect that otherwise might not reach a target before its died.

However I get the idea that the biggest benefit of haste in a competitive raid environment is to allow the heals to reach before other healers, THUS INCREASING YOUR PERFORMANCE IN HEALING METERS.

agree/disagree?

Deleted

Re: haste on healers gear

The healers who pay more attention to the healing meters, rather than what goes on around them, should be banned from the game. Where damage meters have some sort of useful way of measuring performance, healing meters show absolutely nothing.

15+ Year Old Account

I hate the haste on my priest's T8. When my entire mana efficiency is now based on me critting with spells it just doesn't make sense. I'll only be replacing my t7.0 stuff with t8 cause compared to my 7.5 this t8 is total crap.

Two posts and neither of them actually even remotely addressing the actual point of the OP. Good job. Both of you.

Frankster, you are looking at Haste in the wrong manner. Haste doesn't allow you to land a heal before someone else. Haste allows you to pump out more heals in a shorter amount of time. HL is a baseline 2 second cast. After Haste and cast time reductions, mine is 1.33. That means that I can get in 4.5 HLs in a 6 second period instead of just 3. Haste is not about sniping other heals. It's about pouring all the HPS you can get into every second.

If you feel that people in your raids are wasting heals by landing them on people recently topped off, consider handing out more healing assignments. The downside of this is you might get people that are too focused on their own assignment to help out somewhere else in a pinch.

Also, you should definitely have all your healers using LibHealComm-3.0 (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...lcomm-3-0.aspx) or some other like mod. These show incoming heals on Grid (or whatever other mod you use). For example, on Grid, if another Holy Pally is casting a HL on someone, it will show the person at half health with a grayed out portion on top of it representing the estimated healing that will be done by that HL. As another healer, I know if I see that, there's no reason for me to waste a heal on that person or that it's okay for me to use a lesser heal if that HL doesn't look like it's going to be enough.

Good healers in coordinated raids don't have sniping issues. And all the Haste you can get is entirely welcome as it means more heals in a smaller amount of time.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

^ this.

Healers in balanced raids don't have time to snipe - we'd switch one more to dps instead. That said, we've only switched dps to healers so far as the HP/sec requirements on some fights, for example Mimiron, are insane. More haste is always welcome there.
    Miles @ World of Logs - The next generation combat log analysis tool.
    Crusaders' Coliseum Stats

You're saying haste is good mostly because it let you top a player before another healer, increasing your epeen-o-meter?

Lol

agree. healing meters are srs bzns. if all us healers strived to be as good as first place on the meter we'd 1 shot every boss!

I don't really judge based on healing meters but when someone in a raid is doing half the healing of everyone else, there's probably a problem that needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    The healers who pay more attention to the healing meters, rather than what goes on around them, should be banned from the game. Where damage meters have some sort of useful way of measuring performance, healing meters show absolutely nothing.
    Ye.. Like I care that a tank is 50% and my regrowth hits when he is 0.0001 seconds at 100%
    It makes me happy the tank did not die.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

Healing doesnt need meters just like DPS doesnt need meters. The only thing that meters are good for is finding out weak links or to point you in the right direction of who to keep alive as a priority.

But you also have to think what were there assignments? being on top of a meter doesn't mean you're all good. I've known guilds, even my own, where some healers are required to heal strictly on their assignement. Of course, there may be cross healing to boost on the meter but in result your mana pool may completely die off (had a druid using at least 2 innervates per boss/but tops meters ALL the time) or your target dies because you want to heal others to top meters (mostly on an intense fight). If you can manage to pull it all, okay then you're good.

Haste gear on the other hand, for a resto druid, I only see it being used for fights where intense healing is needed (more use of nourish/regrowth) and faster GCD (on top of our 2 talents) other than that.... no it doesn't make us win meters 100%.

Just an IMO.
    US-Mannoroth
    Instant <Macabre> 85 Druid

Anyone who itemizes haste for heal sniping is a flaming fucktard.

It's a pure throughput stat that has the unfortunate side effect of increasing mana usage per unit time. Technically if you knew the exact amount of incoming damage, it would just heal faster, but in the frenetic spam fest that is raiding it really will begin to tank your efficiency, even without godawful overhealing

Crit, unlike haste increases throughput without extra mana usage and most often there is some mana regeneration talent that is activated upon crit.

Is haste worth it for non-flaming fucktards? You betcha, hasted penances, gheals, chains and HLs save the day more often then not.

But you should consider the difference between the two when looking at new gear.