Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Am I right to be annoyed?

Quote Originally Posted by Suikiele
    It's already been stated that the resto shaman was replacing a non-set piece. Also, it was mentioned that the resto shaman was a girl, which I can only imagine factored into it as well. :
    FYI: It was this helm she was replacing.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40340

Quote Originally Posted by adrock25
    (because restos have double the choice with cloth)
    Nah. Most cloth healing-oriented pieces are laden with spirit. If you do find a cloth piece without spirit, it typically has hit on it, which would be a waste of item points for a resto shaman. Doing a search of 10 and 25-man Ulduar items that are cloth, have no spirit and no hit rating but have spellpower (of course), you come up with a single item:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45272

Cloth really isn't a great option unless your gear is really bad that it's an upgrade even with the useless spirit.

But to be honest, this isn't nearly as bad as an Unholy Death Knight rolling on an item that has ArPen on it over an Arms Warrior :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonie
    I don't like the idea "he's got a blue, he should get it". If a person has better gear, he probably spent more time and effort running Naxx etc. which makes him a better raider. Should the item go to a person, who comes to a raid once a week and therefore has worse gear? No.
    I disagree with this, to an extent. If the person only raids once in a blue moon, then we are in agreement.

However I remember when I used to raid, the DKP system that we used basically barred me from getting any loot for at least 3 months. I used to attend all the raids I could get for a long period of time and eventually the raid moved on from TK/SSC to MH/BT. I used to go to these places, however I really struggled, especially in BT since I was in Kara gear. People would take items which were a trivial upgrade, which were a massive upgrade for me and after several months of this, I felt it began to border on the realms of unfairness. Eventually more and more people got annoyed at this, as we had a group who raided with consistancy, however all the loot only went to a small subgroup, it focused too much on rewarding loyalty and totally ignored gear progression. And in this case, I felt some discussion over loot would have been nice. This was part of the reason that I quit raiding, it was a massive struggle to keep up. And I mean, I used to get put on tank healing duties in MH/BT whilst in Kara gear, I was having to really heal out of my skin and up my game big time, and when you put in so much effort knowing you can never get any loot is very, very disheartening.

So in some cases, I think it is fair to look to gear up those with lesser gear, provided they are regular raiders. Sometimes circumstances can conspire against a player and leave them lagging behind in the gear department, even though they raid often. This adds nothing to the debate at hand, I know, there isn't anything I can really add, but I just wanted to address the point you made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Topher714
    Hit - dps priority.
    MP5 - healer priority.
    Although I think it's fair to let Resto and Holy pallies roll on what I would consider "elemental" loot, I'd like to point out that there is no mail with spellpower and hit, so that point is pretty moot.