Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How does your guild deal with Val'anyr shards?

Hey,

So as the topic states how do you guys deal with the Val'anyr shards?

Last night we had our first ones drop and it was officer decided to give them to our GM (holy paladin). That seemed to cause a little dissension amongst some of our guild members as they felt it should go for DKP/they should get a chance at it too.

My opinion on the matter is that our GM is the hardest working person in our guild that puts a ridiculous amount of time/real money (vent,website etc) into making sure our Ulduar strats are honed, min/max'ing our raid group and pretty much helping out anyone that asks. There is no doubt in my mind who should collect those shards for our guild but apparently we have some selfish people that feel they should collect them as well.

What do you guys do with the shards?

Re: How does your guild deal with Val'anyr shards?

Our rule is whoever clears Deadmines the fastest gets it.

But then we've never had any so it hasn't been that much of an issue for us.

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

Well, in my guild they give them to me

:P

But really,
    the "council" had a lengthy dicussion on who deserved it.
    Reasons included:
    Raid Attendance
    Ability as a healer
    Willingness to be helpfull to the guild

such and such.

Deleted

The most dedicated guy gets it, in accordance to the officers. ( Loot council )

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

In our guild we decided that the shards should go to the healers who have been in the guild for a set ammount of time (atleast 4 months I think) and then we did a roll to decide who of them would get the shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

DKP

We have given 8 shards now to our resto shammy that has been with the guild the longest and is one of the most dedicated people to the guild.

Deleted

we gave it to one of our 3 most dedicated healers we had sense kara and gruul till now.
    the other 2 are on the line but first one goes to the healer cl and he is a person who allways arrange healing and together with gm do all the things required to execute all boss fights perfectly. No1 even look bad at the decision.. every1 was perfectly fine and happy to go that way!

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

My old guild actually gave it to one of the pallie healers that has been with them since they xfered from their original server. No one honestly said anything about it I still talk to them all the time and it was fair. Most of the healers they have right now have only been there for a few weeks so it went to the person that's been there and helps out the guild all the time. I believe my guild is going to do the same so I really only see 1/2 people being able to get it off the bat if we have one drop for us.

I am the officer of a semi hardcore guild. I play a resto shaman, the gm plays a holy/disc priest.
    We discussed the fragments like 2 months ago to be prepared and we wanted to be sure what to do with the fragments.

The legendary that comes out (hopefully) in the end should benefit the guild as much as possible so we decided that a member playing a holy priest that had the best attendance should get it.

By choosing a healer with high attendance we're trying to ensure that it will be there for as many raids as possible therefore being a benefit to all of us that helped collect the fragments.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    DKP

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    DKP
    lol

We roll on them when they drop, anyone gets them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

The way it works for us at the moment (and this was decided way before time) is that the shards would go to whomever had the highest raid attendance throughout our T7 content runs, and was in the raid at the time of the first shard drop (because they are BoP obviously). There was also some officer discretion on length of membership and overall commitment to the guild.

After the first shard dropped (the first week actually off Razorscale :P), that person who received the first shard will have all subsequent shards given to them by default until they have enough to form the quest item (he currently has four, in fact the lucky git had two drop last night ;D).

Ironically, I was one of those possibly in line for a shot at this (holy pally), but I rotated myself out of the healing line-up just before we killed Razorscale and so missed out on it... that's just the way it goes sometimes I guess. :P

at OP.. do i know you? your situation sounds similar to our guild.. i.e. our firtst shard dropped yesterday and went to gm

Anyway, we appoached the issue of shards long before 3.1 was released.

We had a vote in the guild forums to who the guild members felt deserved it most and the GM won it. No real surprise there but, and this is the most important thing, he got it not because he was the GM but because he has put more into the guild and been the most selfless member of the guild for a long time.. he would always pass on items that he had every right to in favour of other guild members.
    If the reason your gm got it is simply because he is GM or officer etc then thats bullshit. but if its decided on his/hers merits as a guild member and fellow raider then that is fair i think.

The issue you had was the subject of shards should have been sorted out before the first one dropped, a snap decision by the offers to give it to the gm.. whatever there thinking behind it is bound to put a few noses out of joint sio i aint surprised people complained.. My advice

Open a poll on the guild site about future drops and who should get them. Im guessing if your gm really is the kind of person who derserves it as you say then he will win that vote and there can be no more bitching from guildies.

Welcome to democracy ladies...
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    We roll on them when they drop, anyone gets them.
    That's just friggen stupid. Good luck getting 30 shards any time in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsipar
    That's just friggen stupid. Good luck getting 30 shards any time in the near future.
    We'll get it a bit slower I suppose, but we don't really care taht much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

we set one of our healers and he got all 10 shards we got so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    We'll get it a bit slower I suppose, but we don't really care taht much.
    Orange pixels are teh shitz!

But for real, you should probably get on that. You realize you could get two people enough shards for it in the time it takes 4 people to gather 15 shards each? You'd be much better off just giving the shards to one person, having them get their mace, moving on to the next person, etc etc...

Officers decide who is the most dedicated raider and would contribute to the guild the most and that person get's it. The player needs to spend a lot of DKP and he ain't able to take any other loot while he is collecting shards so it's kinda a win-win situation for everyone.

Oh, if it makes you feel guilty or something for letting your GM take it and everything you said is true, don't be, you did the right thing. If they're gonna continue bitching kick them, that's what we'd do, we don't need selfish people.
    Q.: What happens when a Paladin uses Consecration while at the same time a Death Knight puts up Desecration?

A.: No man's land.