Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: How does your guild deal with Val'anyr shards?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivresse
    I'd just like to say to those who give their first 30 shards to one player:

Are you going to end up kicking yourself when the person gets 29 shards, and then leaves the guild/leaves the game/loses connection/gets banned/gets involved in an accident before collecting the 30th?
    This is more likely to happen the way u do it. Imagine getting 20 shards and then having to wait weeks for other healers to get their 10. I know i would be pissed. Its just as likely they will leave, at least giving all first 30 to a reliable player will result in highest chance of them staying.

I would rather take the chance that my guild's most reliable and consistent healers will leave the guild or do something retarded then end up with 4 healers having 20 shards, and another 2 having 10 shards...at which point the chances one of them leaves, gets burnt out, or gets banned is probably far more likely.

We decided that the first shard goes to the healer with the highest lifetime DKP. They are charged 3 DKP per shard at each drop, and at the 30th our DKP cap rule goes into effect.
    For reference, I believe normal weapons cost 32 DKP, so it was upped a bit in this case

Deleted

Pretty much all of our healers have been with us long term, what we did was when the first one dropped DKP was bidded. The winner then receives the following 29 shards.

If said person who won the first one isnt in the raid and another one drops then DKP is again bidded, the highest then winning it.

If both healers who already have one or more are both in the raid and another one drops then its rolled for between them.

Well, I'm currently unguilded, cause I'm too lazy to find a decent one and apply.

But I figure giving it to the most trustworthy person is the way to go.

What good is giving a legendary weapon to your best healer, if he leaves 5 days after crafting it?

Sure, every person could quit.. But it's certain a person who has been in a guild since close to starting it(Say, about a year), isn't likely to leave. While a person who's been in it for say, 2-3 months, is much more likely to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Khakk
    I am the officer of a semi hardcore guild. I play a resto shaman, the gm plays a holy/disc priest.
    We discussed the fragments like 2 months ago to be prepared and we wanted to be sure what to do with the fragments.

The legendary that comes out (hopefully) in the end should benefit the guild as much as possible so we decided that a member playing a holy priest that had the best attendance should get it.

By choosing a healer with high attendance we're trying to ensure that it will be there for as many raids as possible therefore being a benefit to all of us that helped collect the fragments.

I think that is the best way to do it. DKP and or Splitting them doesnt really help anyone. It takes a bunch to make it, Id let one person get it then the next etc. I realize it will take awhile but its worth it right?

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

We give them to whoever I say gets them.

But only because officers decided long ago who would get the mace and in which order.

We discussed our shards a few weeks before patch

We based it on
    Loyalty, someone who isn't going to get the legendary and bail on guild
    Skill, someone who knows their class inside and out
    Attendence, someone who is almost always on time and stays through out raids (not just there the farm days)

Took us seconds to decide that it goes to our holy pally
    No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
    - General George S. Patton

There's some things you guys don't seem to realise.

Firstly, nothing is ever set in stone. So the person you decide to give the shards to is the most dependable healer in your group? So what? Does that ever mean he or she is going to be there all the time? 3 weeks down the road, what's to say something bad is going to happen to him or her? We had that happen to several groups in our realm several times, including us, especially to people who say just won the Azzinoth set.

Secondly, you can smeg right off if you think we're going to keep one healer on full rotation through the entire raiding week just in the off chance that a shard will drop when he or she is not around. We have a rotation system for a reason.

Sorry, but you guys may think yourselves morally superior in saying 'oh, we'll give it to the dependable healer guy', but practically, you may find that your best laid plans will oft go to complete smeg.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Dividing all the fragments over 8 different healers is just asking for the mace never to be created. So whether or not your dependable healer will die in the next months or not is not really an issue. The fastest way to get it made is to give all the shards to a single person from the start and keep your fingesr crossed.

15+ Year Old Account

I've recently begun campaigning for all end-game content guilds on my server to zone me in at the appropriate time, and give all shards to me.

I'll let you know how this strategy unfolds.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Firstly, nothing is ever set in stone. So the person you decide to give the shards to is the most dependable healer in your group? So what? Does that ever mean he or she is going to be there all the time? 3 weeks down the road, what's to say something bad is going to happen to him or her? We had that happen to several groups in our realm several times, including us, especially to people who say just won the Azzinoth set.

Secondly, you can smeg right off if you think we're going to keep one healer on full rotation through the entire raiding week just in the off chance that a shard will drop when he or she is not around. We have a rotation system for a reason.

Sorry, but you guys may think yourselves morally superior in saying 'oh, we'll give it to the dependable healer guy', but practically, you may find that your best laid plans will oft go to complete smeg.
    Meanwhile your guild will be waiting anywhere from 1 to 3 months longer to get your first Val'anyr...so it is a trade off most guilds are willing to pay. Shit happens...sure...but if you are interested in getting one quickly, you can't argue that giving shards to 5 different people will be faster than giving it to 1. If you are wanting to get it quickly, you will obviously give it to the person that has the most invested in your guild because they are the least likely to take off.

If you aren't interested in getting one quickly...then the way your guild does it may be the "most fair"...but that doesn't mean you are any smarter or better than anyone else...you just approach this with a different mindset than others. I personally would not change the way my guild distributes shards just on the off chance that someone might die or is critically wounded 2 weeks after we assemble it. If that were to happen...the fact that the Val'anyr was "wasted" would HARDLY be of concern...

It's not that people "don't realize" that there is a chance these people will disappear off the face of the earth...it's that they weight getting it faster above the relatively minute chance that that is going to happen differently than you personally do.

When our first shard droped the offices droped chanels and talked for about a minute, came back and said all officers rool for it, there only being 2 healers a druid and a pally. The druid won the roll.

This druid being one that only shows up once a week and sucks when she does. more often then not she goes boomkin because she always gets killed in a void zone or somthing.

so all in all we gave it to a fail druid boomkin that never shows up. Why you ask, i thinks its cuz she has boobs (just sayin).

I like the DKP system, but this is a special case.

The way our guild did it is the Guild Leader, officers, class leaders had a discussion on who most deserved the item and who the guild would benefit the most from giving them to. I feel this is appropriate when an item takes 30 shards to create.

In my old guild it seems to have been given to a certain Holy Priest without any discussion. -.- I'm wasn't happy at all about that.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

I mean there is no perfect way to do this. You have to understand that. There is no way to say to 6 other healers "sry but have to wait 2 months, and then another 2 months if u even get the next one". But ultimately you just have to gunho the first 30 shards to someone. I mean lets say they do get the 3 and they leave. It will mean u wasted 2 months of solid ulduar clears on a healer who bailed. But lets say u divide the shards. It will take 4-5 months before the first one is POTENTIALLY made. And whats to stop that person from leaving? In fact whats to keep them in the guild, one who let them get the first 30 and told them they couldnt have more until everyone got a fair share?

And if ur saying all ur healers are loyale and wouldnt leave, then u contradict urself, and you might as well just give it to one person.

At least your guild isn't making a paladin and a druid split the fragments...

A druid, seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by sol82
    At least your guild isn't making a paladin and a druid split the fragments...

A druid, seriously...
    Yeah, for real! Who would imagine giving a healer a healing item that noone REALLY knows anything about the proc. WTF is up with that? Who rewards dedication, loyalty, and skill anymore.

lols @ dkp guilds
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Deleted

No, it doesn't mean that he/she is always gonna be there, but the answer is in what you just wrote, "So the person you decide to give the shards to is the most dependable healer in your group?" yes, that's right, he/she is the most dependable healer and by giving it to that person, the chances that the guy with the legendary will leave the guild / quit the game is as small as as you can make them, really.

Tbh, I think most guilds have some people that're pretty much always in the raid, and if they aren't, it's because they couldn't come, and not because they didn't get a spot. This could be Guild master, officers, veterans, etc. Atleast that's been the case in all the guilds I've been in.