DPS-Rotation?

haj there!

So, I'm kinda new at hunter and i kinda like it. It's fun on some way, better the heal.. So I got some questions that I hope (or I know) that you can give me an answer to.
    Anyway.. I'm going to go pve specc when i hit lvl80. But! but i don't really know what dps rotation i shall use! )=

I kinda use:
    Serpent Sting-> Arcane Shot-> Multi-Shot-> Steady Shot-> Steady Shot-> Steady Shot-> Arcane Shot-> and over and over until the mob is dead. I'm trying to keep my Serpent Sting up all time and i spam Steady Shot as long as I don't have CD on Arcane shot.

I know that this here ain't the best and I certainly know that isn't the "right" dps-rotation, but it's OK for me, for now, while im lvl:ing.

So anyone know a really good dps-rotation for hunters? add specc if u want.

Re: DPS-Rotation?

uhm... ok... so the shot rotation, is quite different for different speccs... the one you mentioned is for BM hunters,.. im not sure about the multishot, u could replace it by aimed shot (depends on the amount of mobs u are attacking).. and while fighting packs, u would use volley (since is not u who are tanking them)...
    SV spec is a raiding spec nowadays for hunters, and in the SV rotations, there shouldnt be arcane shot (it shares cooldown with Explosive shot, which makes bigger dmg). Well for boss fights my rotations looks like this -> Hunter's Mark than Black Arrow, Serpent Sting, Explosive shot, Aimed Shot, Steady.. and we are now like paladins push buttons which are off CD.. When your Lock n Load procs, dont overwrite your Expls.shot, with a new one.. so when LnL procs -> Explos.shot -> ability which is off CD like Aimed shot, or black arrow, steady,etc -> and than Explosive shot again.. well... and thats it

Surv: Kill Shot>Black Arrow>Explosive Shot>Aimed Shot/Multi-Shot>Serpent Sting>Steady Shot

BM: Beastial wrath>Kill Shot>Arcane Shot>Aimed Shot/Multi-Shot>Serpent Sting>Steady Shot

I don't play MM so idk.

MM open with Serpent Sting then:
    Chimera -> Arcane Shot -> Aimed/Multi -> SS until a CD is done, then use whatever is ready.

Manually getting the Steady Shots in there is the key.