Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Death knights need balancing

Hello (yes this is a whining post)

But honestly DK's survivability is just a joke atm. The benefits from frost presence is just too OP when they are able to use every single attack they got (and thats thier tanking "stance") O_o

I'm playing rogue boomkin in 2v2 and we got no chance nuking a DK while we CC his healer (very often a pala/druid). Even his dmg is greater than ours combined and then he is stunned/dismantled most of the game.This kind of crap has to stop, nerf frost presence badly or this game is going down the toilet.

Re: Death knights need balancing

Quote Originally Posted by latmask

But honestly DK's survivability is just a joke atm. The benefits from frost presence is just too OP when they are able to use every single attack they got (and thats thier tanking "stance") O_o

I'm playing rogue boomkin in 2v2 and we got no chance nuking a DK while we CC his healer (very often a pala/druid). Even his dmg is greater than ours combined and then he is stunned/dismantled most of the game.This kind of crap has to stop, nerf frost presence badly or this game is going down the toilet.
    Nerf there defensive presence cos of arena's? u taking the piss m8?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilko
    Restrict what abilities they can use in that stance, reduce their damage in frost presence and up their threat. There, balanced.

blblb

DK's survivability is fine maybe the the DK's you faced were better geared than
    yous'e or maybe your dmg is low i dont know but i know
    DK's dont need another nerf.

maybe nuke healer and cc the DK if you cant kill DK;s

Deleted

l2p
    cc better
    wait for cds are used on dk(duh isnt that obvious)
    and yes frost presence sucks for rogues, suck it up and kill clothies

I dont see any reason to nerf frost presence, it is lesser to combined warriors stances(imo) and druids forms, it grants us 5% dmg reduction(7 if talented) and 80% more armor wich is around 24k on deadly/hatefull dk
    also while in frost presence, we dont get 15% more dmg or 15% faster movement speed and attack speed and 0.5% lower gcds
    and if nerfing frost presence becouse of pvp is just lulz, gief some weeds what you are smoking

Quote Originally Posted by Wilko
    The presence itself doesnt need to be nerfed, but there has to be some kind of penalty of using the abilities the DK has in frost presence.
    And im pretty sure blizz can work something out for raiding/arena

Quote Originally Posted by Shabada
    Restrict what abilities they can use in that stance, reduce their damage in frost presence and up their threat. There, balanced.
    Not really, because they already have pretty low tank dps.

If they returned rune strike to 100% then maybe they could put a -10% damage penalty or something along those lines on frost presence.

Deleted

The presence itself doesnt need to be nerfed, but there has to be some kind of penalty of using the abilities the DK has in frost presence.
    And im pretty sure blizz can work something out for raiding/arena
    there is, runes it uses 1 of 2 frost runes wich suddenly are use for our main attacks, tho that is just when switching stances

Also not sure why you don't just kill his healer first or his partner instead of trying to cc his healer.. His healer won't have the same survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by tranmet
    l2p
    cc better

I dont see any reason to nerf frost presence, it is lesser to combined warriors stances(imo) and druids forms, it grants us 5% dmg reduction(7 if talented) and 80% more armor wich is around 24k on deadly/hatefull dk
    also while in frost presence, we dont get 15% more dmg or 15% faster movement speed and attack speed and 0.5% lower gcds
    and if nerfing frost presence becouse of pvp is just lulz, gief some weeds what you are smoking
    You're comparing your presences to our (warrior) stances as if they are even remotely the same. I wish I could use all my abilities regardless of stance, not waste a few GCDs to pop into an melee stopper and have CDs making me invulnerable to stuns so I can go actually into said defensive state. You act like going out of Blood or Unholy is such a god awful thing to do, but take a look at what you're reduced to when you swap to frost: Same GCD as other characters (besides rogues and cats), the same running speed and the same damage modifiers.

YOU GO BACK TO A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD. It is a god awful wonder why DKs are even allowed half the shit they are and why more don't dominate all brackets. I would kill for a heavy silence without restriction, amazing magical and physical cooldowns, the best peel in game not to mention the best snare in game. DKs do not have a right to botch with the abilities at your disposal.
    Seif - 80 Human Warrior - Spirestone US
    Arms PVE 54/17/00

Quote Originally Posted by tranmet
    l2p
    cc better

gah another l2p reply.
    What about u as a DK play better? (i assume u are one since u are attacking me hard)
    Frost strike "cannot be dodged, blocked or parried" Rune strike "cannot be dodged, blocked or parried"
    Making you immune to stun/fear for several seconds is so much skill :O

gah another l2p reply.
    What about u as a DK play better? (i assume u are one since u are attacking me hard)
    Frost strike "cannot be dodged, blocked or parried" Rune strike "cannot be dodged, blocked or parried"
    well you CC the squishy and wail on a wall and wonder why it's so hard to beat down the wall :-\

also i didn't think the DK pvp specc of choice was deep enough into frost to get frost strike /shrug
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    well you CC the squishy and wail on a wall and wonder why it's so hard to beat down the wall :-\

also i didn't think the DK pvp specc of choice was deep enough into frost to get frost strike /shrug
    since when are paladins and druids squishy?

since when are paladins and druids squishy?
    We're using the same definition of squishy right?
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

gah another l2p reply.
    You're using faulty logic by picking individual aspects of the class to analyze and not seeing the whole picture. This is like me saying that mages need to be nerfed because they can do the most ranged magic damage from non-DOT abilities. It's a part of the class.

To look at the whole picture, let's see how DKs are performing-- there are 2 in the top 100 players. Tied for 2nd to lowest represented with mages (lowest if hunters don't count, and at this point they don't :P). Yep, looks like they need another nerf! ???

Quote Originally Posted by dakhdoun
    L

M

F

A

O

OMG That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. DK tank DPS is ASTRONOMICAL, you are a ****ing fool. 3k over a raid boss fight is not uncommon at ALL.
    Also, you're wrong. Unless you're blood, you won't be breaking 2k on a single-target raidboss. And that sacrifices some pretty nifty defensive abilities to get there.

(Unholy tank here, pretty rare to break 2k single-target... best in slot, full raidbuffs)

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    Also, you're wrong. Unless you're blood, you won't be breaking 2k on a single-target raidboss. And that sacrifices some pretty nifty defensive abilities to get there.

(Unholy tank here, pretty rare to break 2k single-target... best in slot, full raidbuffs)
    i've seen dk tanks break over 4k dps, and they are just tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by dakhdoun
    L

M

F

A

O

OMG That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. DK tank DPS is ASTRONOMICAL, you are a ****ing fool. 3k over a raid boss fight is not uncommon at ALL.
    You have no idea what you are talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos

Not to call you out or anything, but in my scrubby little casual guild, our DK tank in 10-man gear pulls in over 2k. I'm not sure how your DPS is so abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykimaruh
    i've seen dk tanks break over 4k dps, and they are just tanking.
    You are talking AOE DPS. We are talking about single-target.

I used to pull 9k DPS on Sartharion 3D addtanking because it's AOE. Single-target, you will not be breaking 2k regularly.

Here are tanks that can beat us in DPS ST: Druids, paladins.

I've tanked MT'd up to Mimiron 25-man, I'm not some scrub :P DK tanks will tell you that we're definitely not the top ST DPS/TPSers.