Poll: Fewest to reasonably kill Arthas?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Fewest to reasonably kill Arthas?

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    There is a skill called English, learn it sometime.
    So on the basis of one badly written joke thread with (some rather poor) RP you want to criticise my English?
    Sure thing professor. You just go right ahead and act ignorant, arrogant and condescending. Nice to know that internet nasty is alive and well and infesting MMO forums.

And just in case you didn’t get it here’s my message in plain English: you mate are a dickhead. A total unmitigated tool. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mutantboy
    So on the basis of one badly written joke thread with (some rather poor) RP you want to criticise my English?
    Sure thing professor. You just go right ahead and act ignorant, arrogant and condescending. Nice to know that internet nasty is alive and well and infesting MMO forums.

And just in case you didn’t get it here’s my message in plain English: you mate are a dickhead. A total unmitigated tool. Go fuck yourself.
    /cheer!

And yeah an earlier post said it perfectly. We represent the strongest individuals in Azeroth, it's like Arthas going up against like 10 people (albeit not as strong as him) that when they work together they can bring him down.

Imagine like 10 school kids beating the hell out of a lollipop lady or something. Similar concept.

Personally I think Arthas will sit on his Frozen Throne and have us in his lap while we tell him what lewtz we want for our "raid lockout."

I can see it now...
    "Helloooooo little casual, and what do you want for raid lockout?"
    "FR057MOOORN3 PL0X!!!!/1ONE"
    "Well then, here you are, MERRY RAID LOCKOUT, AND A HAPPY RESET TUESDAY!"

Ok idk, just popped into my head, bad joke, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.

10+ Year Old Account

Personally, I would like to see something like the battle of Undercity or the last part of the DK chain where you have an uber buff and some backup to kill whoever. It would be the Argent Crusade and Tirion giving the buff. Make it so Tirion has to tank him, normal tanks get one shot but we do uber dps or something.

Deleted

To kill Arthas it requires:
    A group of heroes.
    The number of people in your group is just a fixed number in the game which Blizzard thinks is reasonable to acquire.

The players are supposed to be of the strength of a hero, but not strong enough to take out a greater villain alone.
    If raids were supposed to be for 80 players, then you would need 80 players to kill him, but in the aftermath it will always say
    "Arthas was downed by a group of heroes."
    It just means you're not strong enough to take him out alone and need to rely on the combined strength of several of your kind.

In the actual game you are 10 or 25 heroes, but in lore you simply represent a group of heroes of undefined size, may it be 5 or may it be 100, it doesn't matter.

There is no actual time where your strength measures a given number (no, not the level), it's just a variable Blizzard tends to modify whenever they see fit to go along the story, as you can see in several quests like the assault on Undercity where the buff from your faction leader makes you ten times stronger than you really are. It's just so can actually kill the mobs with high amounts of HP and so you feel like you're involved in an epic fight.

Also, the HP of a boss does not represent it's actual power according to the lore, it just complements the mechanics of the fight. See Loatheb, has higher HP because you get a critchance buff. Or see Gothik, has low HP because you're fighting adds most of the time. And so on.

I think 10 and 25 man will be able to kill Arthas. The players will most likely have support from a vast number of NPC, including the paladins (Tirion and Bolvar) and converted DK's such as Mograine.

I pose the question, however: Will Frostmourne be WoW's first artifact weapon or just another legendary?

I don't know about anyone else, but a year after Arthas is dead, I don't want to see a plethora of people wielding the Lich King's blade.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dessan
    Imagine like 10 school kids beating the hell out of a lollipop lady or something. Similar concept.
    I burst out laughing at that. ;D ;D

@Xaith: You mean Gothik when talking about the adds :P

@Thoraxx: Blizzard stated about 1 year ago Frostmourne will not be attainable, they also mentioned Patch 3.2 will be secret and very exciting and gave us some shitty indoors arena tournament that does not represent anything, things do change huh :O

Quote Originally Posted by Thoraxx
    I pose the question, however: Will Frostmourne be WoW's first artifact weapon or just another legendary?

I don't know about anyone else, but a year after Arthas is dead, I don't want to see a plethora of people wielding the Lich King's blade.
    Patch 4.3:
    Frostmourne will now be a grey quality item due to the large amount of people wielding it, making it not so legendary.
    Engineering has been removed from the game because of the few people that kept it after we murdered it with the nerfbat.
    All classes have been deleted and there are now 3 classes: tank, healer, and dps, this is because of the amount of QQing about class imbalance, so this is what you get. Bet you wish you hadn't QQ'd eh?

DAYUM, I'M JUST FULL OF BAD JOKES TONIGHT.

I'm hoping Frostmourne will be obtainable from some longass quest chain...I'm thinking something like Tirion (or someone) takes Frostmourne after you kill Arthas, and he has a slight chance to drop an item that starts a quest to be worthy of wielding the blade, and it involves killing other bosses, mats, etc.

Edit: Nvm; thx whoever said Frostmourne won't be obtainable. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira
    @Xaith: You mean Gothik when talking about the adds :P
    Woops, you're right. Heigan is the safety dance man.
    Thanks.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xaith
    Woops, you're right. Heigan is the safety dance man.
    Thanks.
    no probs.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BobCharabini
    Edit: Nvm; thx whoever said Frostmourne won't be obtainable. :P
    me Azshira! me!!!!! lol xD

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira
    gave us some shitty indoors arena tournament that does not represent anything
    Weird, because I don't recall 3.2 being out yet. Since you can time-travel, the 4.3 patch really IS going to happen right? Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BobCharabini
    Personally I think Arthas will sit on his Frozen Throne and have us in his lap while we tell him what lewtz we want for our "raid lockout."

I can see it now...
    "Helloooooo little scrub, and what do you want for raid lockout?"
    "FR057MOOORN3 PL0X!!!!/1ONE"
    "Well then, here you are, MERRY RAID LOCKOUT, AND A HAPPY RESET TUESDAY!"

Ok idk, just popped into my head, bad joke, I know.

Fixed (You seem to have confused casuals with scrubs ;p)

Haxx0r

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    There is a skill called English, learn it sometime.
    lol, funniest thing i have ever read in my life. might wanna take your own advice bro :-p

Idd say 25 man + an assortment of different NPCs who got a bone to pick with Arthas (Thats a hell of alot)
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.