Thread: Level a rogue?

Level a rogue?

hey guys, im pretty damn bored with my mage and i want to level a rogue.

is now a good time to level a rogue?
    do rogues suck right now?

thx in advance

Re: Level a rogue?

go for it i love my rogue ;D

Quote Originally Posted by detwaltz
    hey guys, im pretty damn bored with my mage and i want to level a rogue.

is now a good time to level a rogue?
    do rogues suck right now?

thx in advance
    A) Why would now not be a good time to level a rogue?
    B) By asking that you just put urself in the "noob" category for asking if a class "sucks right now". FOTM ftl
    C) Don't roll a rogue if you plan to sneak up on people and stunlock them, it's not happening and you'll get all pissed off because you won't know how to fight without stealth and you'll post on these forums that rogues need a buff because you couldn't stunlock down a priest. GFG.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienganja
    B) By asking that you just put urself in the "noob" category for asking if a class "sucks right now". FOTM ftl
    C) Don't roll a rogue if you plan to sneak up on people and stunlock them, it's not happening and you'll get all pissed off because you won't know how to fight without stealth and you'll post on these forums that rogues need a buff because you couldn't stunlock down a priest. GFG.
    QFT.

down, sparky. it's only a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Judging by your time played, I'm not sure you know what outside looks like, let alone school :P

lol relax
    uh not really, classes have times where they suck. accept it
    hai tech mei 2 b rouge?
    no, i know how to play a rogue thank you, i play my buddies rogue all the time, and was just asking some questions
    lol umm k?

Well, atm Rogues are doing great dps in PvE. I'm usually on top of most meters. With that put aside, it was only a few weeks ago that I was constantly outdamaged by other classes, and by the time you ding 80 it'll probably be changed again.

Here's my tip: Pick a class you think is fun. Don't worry about if it's good or not. Read the manual that comes with the vanilla WoW discs (or read about the classes on the wow website). The description there is how blizzard MEANT the class to be. There will always be imbalance in the game. Refer to Blizzard's ideas about each class, pick something you think is fun and then go level it.

Quote Originally Posted by espentf
    Well, atm Rogues are doing great dps in PvE. I'm usually on top of most meters. With that put aside, it was only a few weeks ago that I was constantly outdamaged by other classes, and by the time you ding 80 it'll probably be changed again.

Here's my tip: Pick a class you think is fun. Don't worry about if it's good or not. Read the manual that comes with the vanilla WoW discs (or read about the classes on the wow website). The description there is how blizzard MEANT the class to be. There will always be imbalance in the game. Refer to Blizzard's ideas about each class, pick something you think is fun and then go level it.
    Best answer in here, if i was you dude go with this one

Curious.

What are they like to level?
    Do you just spam the same ability, or?

I suggest getting yourself some BoA (Bind on Account) gear for your Rogue. Especially Venerable Dal"Rend"s Sacred Charge and Balanced Heartseeker

This is what i did plus the 10% Experience gain shoulders and it makes leveling a breeze. i leveled combat spec using a talent point guide i found at www.shadowpanther.net

i have always played a pally, and leveling a rogue opened my eyes to just how fun some of the other classes are to play.

PS, deff level your first aid at the same time of leveling your toon, it saves your ass more than once.