Mimiron P2 raid healing

We had some trouble last night keeping people alive, so I'm wondering how others heal the 50k dps on the raid there. We kinda assumed the Rapid Burst was the thing to watch out for, but after looking at the data, I discovered that Heat Wave did over 85% of the damage to the raid.

This is what happened if you use the spread around tactic (we used the outer circle, ~25y from the boss): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12754&e=12931

Basically, everyone except for melee had to be healed one by one, the standard group heals like CoH / WG don't hit more than 3 targets. This didn't work too well.

We're trying the stand on the edge of the inner circle tactic tonight; if the Rapid Burst is a 30 degree cone as some claim, the damage should be the same but CoH/WH/CH will be much more effective when everyone is in range. If not - just heal through it I guess.
    Miles @ World of Logs - The next generation combat log analysis tool.
    Crusaders' Coliseum Stats

Re: Mimiron P2 raid healing

our healing setup for that boss is as follows

2 druids
    1 shaman
    2 pala's
    1 disc priest

The druids basically counter the fire debuff with the hots, the shaman (me) takes care of the melee which is pretty easy, where as the disc priest spams prayer of healing and bubbles alot. Paladins ofc are just healing what they can.

How is your raid positioned? We tend to get in alot closer during that time in order for easier raid healing. He goes down pretty fast so you only need to panic for a short while

Yellow: positioning yesterday, 1/3 of the ranged spreading out on the line.
    Green: what we're going to try tonight.

Question: will you get totally bbqed by Rapid Fire on the green line? :P
    Miles @ World of Logs - The next generation combat log analysis tool.
    Crusaders' Coliseum Stats

Everyone should get in as close as possible tbqh.

As long as you can avoid the rockets and pewpewlazabeams it makes healing a joke.

well, yeah getting as close as possible might be the best solution for healing but if u have any ret pali putting his consecration in there u can barely see those spots where these rockets gonna land. would be nice if blizz could turn the color of the landingfield into some blue thingy.

ps. not only palis kinda prevent the raid from seeing this,also the whole bunch of casts and flashy lights make it hard to see if you're not fully concentrated and focused on that shiat

so maybe some one can give a hint on how to improve the raidpositioning to get optimal healing and get a clear view on the rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Booink

Our tactic worked fine all of the times, and is spreading all the raid on the 1st ring closer to the boss, so you'll be able to heal Melees with the AoE healing, plus, 3 holy priests stuck in the middle of 3 rings, and the 3 party of casters near them, still in the 1st ring line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartikowski
    Everyone should get in as close as possible tbqh.

As long as you can avoid the rockets and pewpewlazabeams it makes healing a joke.
    Quoted for truth.

Never had a problem phase 2 with healing, even with lackluster healing or idiots getting killed be mines during transition phase.... yes, retards.

Simply crowded around the boss as close as possible, with everyone running around/through the boss to avoid as much laser damage as possible, made the laser barrages really easy, and as long as people can loot at their own feet rockets aren't a problem either.

Phase 4 on the other hand...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Booink

The only way to heal through it is to be as close as possible so that all raid AoE heals can reach as many people as possible. I am a resto shaman and we group close enough such that my chain heals can reach everyone in the raid.
    It's a hectic 30 seconds or so but it's quite easy.

Deleted

Something that will help the raid TREMENDOUSLY in phase2 of Mimiron, is simply having a Retribution paladin using Judgement of Light (specced 5/5 divinity, which is standard raid spec).

Since JoL scales very nicely with attackpower, the raidhealing is just immense. I rememeber on our last Mimiron25 tries with my guild, I was clocking in at 4.8k Healing Per Second at the end of phase2. 88% of that was JoL raid healing, the rest was misc. healing such as divine storm and Art of War procs.

Have your protpally or holypally judge wisdom, and the retpally judge Light. You will be astounded at the amount of raidhealing he can put out.

I did 4.8k HPS while the other primary healers was around 2.8-3.5k. Try it, JoL is amazing now.

15+ Year Old Account

we stand in a circle all around him so that not many ppl getting hit by the pew2x and other crap he does.

i do use JoL as ret. its average healing is 1k each tick, with a max of 1500/1600.

Our raid spreads around the inner circle.

I has a holy paly put beacon on myself so I don't have to worry about dying.

Between glyph of holy shock spamming making my HL down to 1 second plus gyph of HL I had no problem putting out a lot of healing.

I don't think we ever had problems with healing in P2 though, and we run 5-6 healers max
    Yea it's me.