Deleted

Bear T8 2 piece set bonus

I am trying to convince myself of the usefullness of T82p bonus for bears. Im trying real hard, but so far, im not having much luck.

2 pieces: The periodic damage dealt by your Rake, Rip, and Lacerate abilites has a chance to cause you to enter a Clearcasting state.

I am not the person that expects a massive bonus, like the T4 set bonuses - we dont want something that is so powerfull so that we wouldn't want to switch it out, but i am considering what i lose by gaining the new bonus.

The extra three seconds on barkskin is nice. While barkskin is often used in dangerous situations, its also priceless as a general mitigation skill - a healer dies, lots of damage to melee and such. I like the fact that with T74p, we can have barkskin rolling 1/4 of the time, and without, we can have it up 1/5 of the time. Not a massive buff, but one that i have come to care for quite a lot.

And the tradeoff, is another Omen of Clarity, and quite a weak one that is. From what i gather on WoWhead, we're talking a 2% proc chance, and with lacerate ticking every three seconds, we would have to wait some 2,5 minutes for one more free attack, in a situation where we are often not in need for more rage.

It just seem all rather pointless. Its a lot weaker than Omen of Clarity, and even if we had neither, we are often not having rage problems when tanking stuff in Ulduar.

One free attack every 2,5 minutes seems so, so, so useless. What have i missed?

Re: Bear T8 2 piece set bonus

dunno about bears but atleast as prot pala I felt that 3 sec more our shieldwall was pretty pointless.

anyway, dont just look set bonuses, atleast 4set bonus looks nice in T8 and you get more stats from T8 items than T7 so atleast I would go for T8

15+ Year Old Account

both 2 set and 4 set are rather useless for bear and great for cat >.>

Deleted

Yes, its funny how they are boring and almost useless for bear, and then insanely awesome for cat, really :P

15+ Year Old Account

some times i wish blizzard could meet somewhere in the middle when balancing Teir set bonuses for cat and bear

Sometimes it's sort've nice to have lackluster tier bonuses. I can focus on getting "true" BiS items (which in feral tank T8 is only a couple pieces) and fill the rest in with other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by baseball
    Sometimes it's sort've nice to have lackluster tier bonuses. I can focus on getting "true" BiS items (which in feral tank T8 is only a couple pieces) and fill the rest in with other stuff.
    This.

Tier bonuses should be more in line with the perks Minor Glyphs give than something that you can't do without.

Deleted

hardly see it proc in bear , and it's not like i'm rage starved anyway
    useless for tanking druids.

Tbh, when I look at my overall role in Ulduar 25 up to this day, I see myself bringing more to the raid in terms of DPS than tanking. There are classes doign better than me by far in a few encounters, like Mimiron phase1 (where cooldowns are ze uber leet stuff that save the day). These are encounters where I just dps the crap out of stuff instead of tanking, so I'm guessing Blizz is trying silently to point is in the kitty direction, witch is poo. The T8 set bonuses are indeed great for cat, close to useless for bear.
    What I wonder now is: will Blizz listen to all the idiots screaming "nerf cats"? If they do then what the heck will the feral tree be good for?
    /hug

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gigikent
    Tbh, when I look at my overall role in Ulduar 25 up to this day, I see myself bringing more to the raid in terms of DPS than tanking. There are classes doign better than me by far in a few encounters, like Mimiron phase1 (where cooldowns are ze uber leet stuff that save the day). These are encounters where I just dps the crap out of stuff instead of tanking, so I'm guessing Blizz is trying silently to point is in the kitty direction, witch is poo. The T8 set bonuses are indeed great for cat, close to useless for bear.
    What I wonder now is: will Blizz listen to all the idiots screaming "nerf cats"? If they do then what the heck will the feral tree be good for?
    Oh, dont be like that. Doesn't it get boring to always whine?

So you aren't the first choice for every single fight? I maintank all our raids, with no more problems than the other tanks. There are some fights where they are easier to have as MTs, so they do those until we are used to the fights enough to give a bit of breather. But the way you make it sound is that we're the worst tanking class overall - which is certainly not true.

Why would you say I am whining? Far from it, tbh I prefer to dps nowdays as it's fun and pretty darn complicated compared to other classes as you watch for a lot of buffs and debuffs and try to maintain a rotation as best you can. It is just a simple fact that I do not tank everything in the dungeon and I don't mind that at all, there are other tanks doing it better than me, simple as that. The same classes do not have the same flexibility we have (for example we share much of the gear with dps or tank specs, they don't) so nothing wrong there. The T8 bonus is way better for cat that's the only thing that bothers me a bit.
    /hug