Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Back to unkillable healer PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by TDWP
    :'(

Because in arena I get interrupted, I get stunned, I get silenced, all the CC there is.
    And in bgs, you took 2 stuns, DR kicked in, making you immune almost immediately. I suspect this is one of the reason why healers are doing so well in bgs.

The other being, of course, is that there are many players with an "average" stuff in battlegrounds. Being decked in pvp epics is not the norm yet.

I pvp as resto druid and i always go with friends because:

1. its more fun with friends.

2. you can call out on vent if you think you smelled a rogue in a mile radius.

3. You can communicate and make a plan to run a bg. If you run with 4-5 players, you can really win a BG with the work of just 5 good players.

Plus as a healer i can heal through like 1v1, thats possible, but when it gets to an ms warrior, rogue, dk and stuff all together, my only chance is popping all my CDs and waiting for reinforcements.

But thats the way it should be, when i stand still then get jumped by 2 rogues and stunned to death, i don't complain that my 1 rejuv should heal through it ( like lifebloom did in BC). So don't complain why you alone cant out dps a healer because you have low gear. Plus only good healers live through like 4 players (with Cds popped).

Not just any spartan; John Halo Spartan.

Absolutely not the same in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper
    Decided to try out some BGs with my new mut dagger last night, so we had two of our disc priests queue with us.
    I wear a full raid set (zero resil). I was near impossible to kill unless surrounded by ret paladins and deathknights.

I approve.

lol yeah they seem to be the counters to everything right now. More Ret but DK complement them so much in so many ways.

Was doing AB premades last nite and i held 4 dps at farm until reinforcements came. (resto druid)
    All i had to do was run around the lil farm moonfiring the person on the flag and it was GG.
    BUT after when everyone left and i sat down to drink, rogue popped and killed me. 1v1 so there unkillable to abosuletly soloable!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Foxthree

This cracks me up.

Logically: Healers Heal and suffer weak dps abilities.
    Their purpose is to keep "GROUPS" of people up while they take obscene damage from bosses and trash or attempt to keep people up in Arena and PVP which isn't nearly as predictable as a boss fight.

DPS: these days DPS has amazing burst and sustained Damage, as well as formidable healing abilities and CC/snares/cleaves/interupts. (Ret instant heals, Bear Frenzied Regen, warriors (forget the name), Dk's Runetap, bloodstrike, etc...)

Therefore it seems logical to me that if you take two equally geared people 1 dps and 1 healer and face them off in a fight that the following should apply.

1. The DPS should require some effort and skill to kill a healer solo.

DPS's goal should be to control the healer and try to oom them which = win.

My suggestion is If you want to learn to kill your healer opponents, Roll the class they play and learn its weaknesses. It's not impossible to kill a healer as a single dps it can be quite easy in some cases.

This is what I've learned buy playing the following classes myself;

Hardest to kill (imo).
    Resto druid = Highly mobile, ability to root, Cyclone, not a great single target healer but has the advantage of + armor in tree form + thorns + seemingly endless Mana and isn't required to stop to cast super efficient Hots (lifebloom, Rejuv, wildgrowth) all instant, all rolling, all heal for a ton.. (Druids if played well are the most difficult healer to kill) Strong AOE, and Rolling hots = Always topped off. the key to kill, catch them in travel/human form and stun = stun/silence/fear/interrupt) (hit from behind)

Discipline Priest = heavy Damage mitigation, Bursty single target healer with weaker and more mana costly heals than most with no true AOE heals. To kill, Dispel & Silence & or stun, they go oom fairly fast. (hit from behind)

Resto sham = Slow heals but efficient heals. totems to counter. But seemingly go oom faster than all other healing classes. To Kill = stun, silence, dispel shields (hit from behind)

Holy Priest = Big heals low mana cost, strong AOE heals, Speed increase bubbles. Dispel & Silence, with out the dmg mitigation of disc, they drop faster but heal a lot stronger CC and u win.

Holy pallys (I havn't played one so can't really offer advise aside from what i do when playing one of my dps chars) make them bubble as quick as possible. (if you made a pally bubble, even if you die, you won

So going back to the main point. IN a BG with multiple healers working together, if all of those are focused on keeping a FC up long enuf to run across a small field it seems logical they'd be successful. 25man raids take 4-6 healers. A 10 man raid can get by with 2 healers and a 5 man uses 1 healer.

If You go into a 10 man warsong gulch who has 3 healers healing 1 person think about it.

A 10 man nax raid with 2 healers keeping up 10 people.
    Then a 10 man warsong gulch with 3 healers keeping up 1?

Again at least from my point the logic is pretty clear..

/cast [target=Original Poster] Mass Dispel

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by codyallyn
    Resto sham = Slow heals but efficient heals. totems to counter. But seemingly go oom faster than all other healing classes. To Kill = stun, silence, dispel shields (hit from behind)
    LOL? Resto shamans are pretty much impossible to OOM. As long as you hit them they gain mana through watershield.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    LOL? Resto shamans are pretty much impossible to OOM. As long as you hit them they gain mana through watershield.
    lets see how long a r.sham can tank a warrior with watershield, rofl

obviously you've never played a shammy before.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bujaberry
    lets see how long a r.sham can tank a warrior with watershield, rofl

obviously you've never played a shammy before.
    True. I haven't played one. But I played with one with my DK all through season 5. Now in season 6 I play with my main (disc priest formerly shadow) again. And he goes OOM like crazy, compared to a shaman, druid, or paladin. Saying shamans are the fastest class to OOM is just plain wrong, because priests are the fastest to OOM for they have no reliable way to gain mana fast.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Yes, and good teams know this and don't hit them so they go oom quick.

As a resto druid that is just starting out, I find myself rather unkillable in WG. Basically, they start to FF me, which you would think is a good idea, but they can't come close to downing me since the rest of my crew FF's them until I'm not taking anymore damage. The best shot is for them to FF the DPS to out damage my 2 nukes and then get me last.

This is 15K/15K no pvp gear. I'm growing a PVP set, i imagine it will be alot harder to kill me when I have some resil.

Flip side, I can do very, very little damage. The only thing is if it's a melee that'll kill himself on my thorns, which will take awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by codyallyn
    Resto druid = Highly mobile, ability to root, Cyclone, not a great single target healer but has the advantage of + armor in tree form + thorns + seemingly endless Mana and isn't required to stop to cast super efficient Hots (lifebloom, Rejuv, wildgrowth) all instant, all rolling, all heal for a ton.. (Druids if played well are the most difficult healer to kill) Strong AOE, and Rolling hots = Always topped off. the key to kill, catch them in travel/human form and stun = stun/silence/fear/interrupt) (hit from behind)
    Just curious, when was the last time you played, S3?
    BAMF.