couple glyph questions

Here's my prospective build, if interested (deep destro fire):
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9868

Now, my questions are thus:
    Does the glyph of immolate count toward Conflag too? (trade chat's infinite wisdom told me no)
    Glyph or Incinerate or Lifetap? (I do have a decent amount of spirit)

Re: couple glyph questions

ive seen lots of topics about the confl/immo thingy and i think the higher your immo the higher your confl.
    and i would say lifetap as 3th, guess you will need to do lifetap as a wl so why not get some more things than just the mana.

btw why didnt you pick the shadowfury? its 1 of the best spells deep destro can have.

Quote Originally Posted by kaijyuu
    Here's my prospective build, if interested (deep destro fire):
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9868

Now, my questions are thus:
    Does the glyph of immolate count toward Conflag too? (trade chat's infinite wisdom told me no)
    Glyph or Incinerate or Lifetap? (I do have a decent amount of spirit)

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9868 This is a better spec PvE wise.

Now to answer your question about glyphs, from what I know, glyph of conf is the only glyph that you can never drop because you will be spaming it on every cooldown to proc Backdraft + Pyroclasm. Now that leaves 2 additional Major Glyph Slots.

There are 4 more amazing glyphs which confiuses me to pick which out of which.
    1. Glyph of immolate: +10% damage to DoT (This glyph boosts both Conflagrate and Immolate which makes it nice).
    2. Glyph of Lifetap: 20% of spirit into Spellpower (This glyph is a huge boost, not to mention it's even better to those with the second bonus of Tier 7 +300 spirit).
    3. Glyph of Chaos Bolt: Reduce cooldown from 12 sec to 10 sec (I have no idea how this makes the rotation...but with the new changes to FaB, I'd say this glyph might see the day of the living light again).
    4. Glyph of Incinerat: 5% Damage increase (Same here, with the changes to FaB, this glyph is getting very interesting).
    5. Glyph of Imp: 20% more imp damage (Not so sure, haven't seen much people talking about it...).

I would personaly take:
    -Glyph of Conf 100%
    -Glyph of Life Tap 100% (because I believe the Spell power boost would excceed the % bonus or reduce cd from other glyphs in terms of PvE damage wise.
    -Glyph of Incinerat: It's our main damage ability, I would say a 5% increase in damage is quite nice. Again, not so sure need to check Elitejerks or something.

Quote Originally Posted by xlord
    btw why didnt you pick the shadowfury? its 1 of the best spells deep destro can have.
    For soloing or trash pulls, maybe...

And thanks for answering the big question I had (glyph of immo counts toward conflag too).
    I'll do some tests once the patch hits to see whether the immo or incinerate glyph does more for my personal damage.

I rather like the glyph of imp. It's essentially why I didn't put points into suppression; a 12% boost to imp damage seems a higher boost than having to get 3% less hit from gear, when counting all the other multipliers the little guy gets.

Which only leaves me wondering where the glyph of lifetap stands against those three glyphs. Glyph of conflag is a given, so I only have two spots.
    And I'm not even going to look at the chaos bolt one, since another chaos bolt every 6 rotations seems very, very bad considering all our other great glyphs.

+5% damage on Incin is probably lower dps than +10% dmg on Immolate DoT, especially if you use it in conjunction with Conflag/Glyph of Conflag. It's probably comparable otherwise. The reason I say this is because even if you spam Incin, immo will tick more frequently in the same amount of time, and it has a higher dmg increase. That would probably yield almost the same dps, but if Conflag stacks with the +10% of immo, then you should see some higher output from Conflag as well.

So, in short, my suggestion:

Glyph of Conflag
    Glyph of Life Tap
    Glyph of Immolate

But like someone else said, might double check EJ for the exact numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

Hi Kaijyuu,
    Looks like with your spec and the other info posted here, you are well on the right track.
    My two cents:
    1. Glyph of Conflag- obv

2. Currently Incinerate is better than Immolate and I don't expect this to change.

3. For your spec I do believe that Lifetap would provide a greater dps increase than Immolate. However, consider that if you were to reshuffle a few points for Soul Leech, then you the necessity to lifetap would be much less and you wouldn't have to resort to keeping up the glyph buff. In that case Immolate would be better. Frankly though I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Lots of changes to destro coming up that need to be clarified so stay tuned.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jona
    +5% damage on Incin is probably lower dps than +10% dmg on Immolate DoT, especially if you use it in conjunction with Conflag/Glyph of Conflag. It's probably comparable otherwise. The reason I say this is because even if you spam Incin, immo will tick more frequently in the same amount of time, and it has a higher dmg increase. That would probably yield almost the same dps, but if Conflag stacks with the +10% of immo, then you should see some higher output from Conflag as well.

So, in short, my suggestion:

Glyph of Conflag
    Glyph of Life Tap
    Glyph of Immolate

But like someone else said, might double check EJ for the exact numbers.
    According to the models on the 3.1 Sim, every demo/destro build using incinerate as its primary nuke uses Glyph of Incinerate. I know with my current 0/41/30 build Incinerate accounts for ~60% of the damage while Immolate ~10-12% at the most. I would expect similar ratios in deep destro builds (though obviously conflag and chaos bolt but in with their percentages).

As I said before though, deep destro builds with soul leech ditch Lifetap in favor of Immolate. But maybe you only run 25s and are chock full of replenishment :P.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    According to the models on the 3.1 Sim, every demo/destro build using incinerate as its primary nuke uses Glyph of Incinerate. I know with my current 0/41/30 build Incinerate accounts for ~60% of the damage while Immolate ~10-12% at the most. I would expect similar ratios in deep destro builds (though obviously conflag and chaos bolt but in with their percentages).

As I said before though, deep destro builds with soul leech ditch Lifetap in favor of Immolate. But maybe you only run 25s and are chock full of replenishment :P.
    I was thinking more for deep destro (in response to the OP) than hybrid, which is where I was drawing my conclusions from. I hadn't tested any of it, though. But your information is very helpful, as I plan on moving to deep Destro if PTR goes live and stays that way (skeptical that it will). My current spec is hybrid and I use Immolate/Felguard glyphs, though my primary nuke is Incin... I suppose I should give Incin a shot instead, then. LT is a no-brainer. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors