Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Crygil blue post about pvp balance

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    I disagree somewhat with class comp being king. Even if you play the best comp and are a good player you can still lose arenas. IMO the synergy between you and your partner are what make or break the team. I've seens lots of wierd comps work really well just because they are good players and work well with each other.
    ...and for every of these "weird comps" you see 10 if not 100 cookie cutter comps performing better.
    This user has been banned.

arena is 25% gear, 25% skill, 25% cooperation and 25% composition. you don't have to have every one of those things to succeed in the arena, but it sure helps
    all hail king frost strike

Quote Originally Posted by psicorp
    arena is 25% gear, 25% skill, 25% cooperation and 25% composition. you don't have to have every one of those things to succeed in the arena, but it sure helps

Burrr Mwaaa hahahhaha

no it's 45% cooperation 25% skill 10% gear 15% composition
    oh and 5%luck

to be honest BG's are awsome I love to BG I have Justicar Witch i didnt get from badge turninst PReBC Got it grinding bg's in BC. But The problem is you get alot of people who go yea im a PVP and I think BG's are the way to go Well not really BG's take 0 skill. Also if you have More of a dominating class your side should win IE last season in AB and WSG was just like arena The team that had more Pallys and DK won. Simple as that. A

Arena is gotta be the best thing in the game. It really show's if a player knows how to play there class well. It is by far the best test of showing if a playere is smart enough to not stand in AOE's if they know how to move there toon properly If they know how to cordnate abulitys to put out good dmg.

Now i have PVE'ed as well yes i have downed Yogg Yes i have season 6 shoulders

I would have to say Blizzard should implament a TEAM BG system were 5-10 players compete in a CTF game for ratings / gear.
    But IMO arena should have better gear Becuse people are running a DM vs another team of equil players that can use the landscape to there advantage LOS!!

alot of people that complain about arena
    1) dont key bind
    2) have no clue about CC
    3) probly click
    4) have no clue on how to actualy Burst DPS with there class
    5) for sunglasses 8)

Quote Originally Posted by TankVX
    pvers prefer to have bgs balanced insted of arena,but in the end they play pve and we play pvp.so pvp balance should be focused for the proof of pvpers........

the ARENA NEED TO BE BALANCED
    Every time you post, I want to Falcon Punch a puppy. Just... stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Suikiele
    Every time you post, I want to Falcon Punch a puppy. Just... stop.
    On one hand I really want TankVX to stop posting, but on the other I really want to see what happens when someone Falcon Punches a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by xknight

Burrr Mwaaa hahahhaha

no it's 45% cooperation 25% skill 10% gear 15% composition
    oh and 5%luck

to be honest BG's are awsome I love to BG I have Justicar Witch i didnt get from badge turninst PReBC Got it grinding bg's in BC. But The problem is you get alot of people who go yea im a PVP and I think BG's are the way to go Well not really BG's take 0 skill. Also if you have More of a dominating class your side should win IE last season in AB and WSG was just like arena The team that had more Pallys and DK won. Simple as that. A

Arena is gotta be the best thing in the game. It really show's if a player knows how to play there class well. It is by far the best test of showing if a playere is smart enough to not stand in AOE's if they know how to move there toon properly If they know how to cordnate abulitys to put out good dmg.

Now i have PVE'ed as well yes i have downed Yogg Yes i have season 6 shoulders

I would have to say Blizzard should implament a TEAM BG system were 5-10 players compete in a CTF game for ratings / gear.
    But IMO arena should have better gear Becuse people are running a DM vs another team of equil players that can use the landscape to there advantage LOS!!

1) dont key bind
    2) have no clue about CC
    3) probly click
    5) for sunglasses 8)
    There we go someone smart posted something

Quote Originally Posted by xknight

1) dont key bind
    2) have no clue about CC
    3) probly click
    5) for sunglasses 8)
    6) don't know how to switch targets (how many idiots do you see that just scream PRIEST KILL IT (pre buff at least)

The blue post seemed a tad contradictory in that it claimed that 1v1 balance is not the aim and then says that they wish to shift the focus of PvP at least partially away from arena and back towards bgs. However, if bgs are the standard then that implies that every class has a reasonable measure of self sufficiency. The past 6 months have amply shone that this is not the state of bgs: Rogues, paladins, dks and more recently warriors can stomp around bgs, often in PvE gear, and epitomize the meaning of the term 'faceroll'. In this environment, classes that could thrive in coordinated arena groups, warlocks and spriests for example, are ridden over roughshod, especially as their main form of defenses can only be applied effectively to one target at a time. Plate wearers can stand up in the melee and at least rogues can pick their battles to some extent. In bgs where there is no time for preparation (cuz I drop my demonic circle every 30 yards lulz), uneven numbers in skirmishes, where key abilities are often on cd (deathcoil anyone?) and there is no team support to peel off melee from the less armored, bgs heavily favor the more resilient classes (no pun intended).

I suspect that Blizzard may now try to give to PvP what they have given to Raiding- accessibility to all. If that is the case then they have a long way to go in a situation where some classes can dominate with 0 resilience and others need quite a bit to even survive. (Don't worry I have plenty of fun destroying bad players in bgs too, but there are other times when I just have to shrug and say, 'well, there really wasn't a damn thing I could do there'.)
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

<3 Xknight !!

Its a difficult discussion to have between PVE'rs and PVP'rs tbh, and most likely (like this thread) full of total fail. On the one hand you have PvE ppl (and ima suspect they are avg at that as well...) QQ that Arena is imbalanced, the 1v1 balance arguement, etc, etc. While on the other hand you have the PvP ppl make comments like "dude you just suck" and "dont be a tard clicker" etc, etc. All in all, its always pretty much fail.