best build/talent for leveling

I am new to this. Im so glad I found this forum. Since the new 3.1 patch, what is the best build for leveling? What is the best rotation?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: best build/talent for leveling

demo

rotation will vary while leveling

i went affliction 1-->80 , just do corruption --> curse of agony on various monsters up and then using drain life to keep yourself up (before you get siphon life talent you might want to do only 1-2 mobs at a time).. However this might not work with 3.1 since Siphon life damage part was removed.. then i guess Demo might be faster.

Demo is probably your best bet. High survivability + good damage, and it's more fun than Affliction. You could go for Destro, as that's probably the funnest spec, but its PvE viability is questionable at this point (unless PTR 3.1.2 goes live).
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

I leveled my warlock as demo. Good survivablity and almost no down time.
    (Send in felguard) CoA -> Corruption -> Immoliate -> Life Tap -> Drain life (Repeat untill dead)

Quote Originally Posted by Phadalus
    I leveled my warlock as demo. Good survivablity and almost no down time.
    (Send in felguard) CoA -> Corruption -> Immoliate -> Life Tap -> Drain life (Repeat untill dead)
    Doing the same but with a hybrid demo/affliction spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Ifxrb...Adics0z:oTc0Mm

Grinding and questing without no downtime at all. Currently at lvl 65 myself and ending every single mob with almost full health and mana.

I've been enjoying destruction, myself. Mobs never live long enough to reach me (5 seconds if they get lucky and I don't crit with anything) and, as others have said about their choice of spec, no downtime (unless I get sloppy).

if you are just starting lvling your lock, then go aff it is quite sweet
    once you get siphon life you can go on rampage, and once you get dark pact it's endless grinding.

i did it that way and it was certainly fun, although i got bored when i got unstable affliction so did rescpec to felguard, which will be nice in hellfire pensilua.

in short, don't go destro.

full affliction(with 2 in the pet heal in demon, forgot name) till 71, then siphon life+felguard
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

leveling as dest isnt bad...yes you drink more than other specs..but you also kill critters faster than the other 2 specs, so yes its a trade off.

If it's downtime you're worried about, go Affliction. Demo is better, though. Higher survivability, and still low downtime. Destruction has by far the highest downtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors