Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Holy Paladin - BiS Gear list.

^ what i'm going for atm but you forget a belt, which personally im shooting for Belt of the Fallen Wyrm off Razor. Only thing i really havent decided about is whether or not its worth not upgrading the gloves so that i keep my 10% HS crittage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenaur
    ^ what i'm going for atm but you forget a belt, which personally im shooting for Belt of the Fallen Wyrm off Razor. Only thing i really havent decided about is whether or not its worth not upgrading the gloves so that i keep my 10% HS crittage.
    Thanks, added that

Depends how much you use Holy Shock, or Infusion of Light
    The non set gloves are really good though, I'd probably keep the shoulders for the bonus, cheaper on the DKP as well

Quote Originally Posted by Xs

Also to clarify for people, Sacred Shield doesn't proc off S/JoB, so its useless unless theres some AoE involved
    Hmmm oh well. Seeing as I am the only holy paladin and we don't have a prot pally, its usefull to me. Guess it just goes on your raid makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarre
    I disagree. If you be smart, talk to your fellow holy paladins you can have one SS the tank and the others SS a ret pally that uses seal of Martyr or a Shadow priest. It works. Unless you have a prot pally, then the Holy paladin SSing him will have to find another person to SS.
    SW: death and Judgement both have a CD>6seconds this means that the knockdown to 4seconds on the trigger would have absolutely no effect on the dmg mitigation granted to both these classes. 4p is still good to have though because most fights involve multiple tanks.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanite
    SW: death and Judgement both have a CD>6seconds this means that the knockdown to 4seconds on the trigger would have absolutely no effect on the dmg mitigation granted to both these classes. 4p is still good to have though because most fights involve multiple tanks.
    Indeed, but the regular swings you do with SoBl up do damage to you as well, you know?

Still, both dmg-events don't proc SS, so if you really want to have it on a Ret Pally, you'll need something else to have it proc off.

It would probably be best to add 2 alternite choices for the tier gear so that people know what to choose in fights that have only 1 tank. Also I have not been ret in forever but didnt they/arent they changing SoB to only do dmg on judgment?
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

*Updated* Have alternative gear for those who don't want the t8 4Pc

I'd love to see a CLEAN BiS list that doesn't require.. HARD MODE 25m. Preferably BiS plate gear, considering at the moment I don't think any paladin will really be taking mail from shaman in 25m. At least not in my guild it won't be happening, and we definitely haven't hit hard modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    My BiS with no 4 set

Helm: Conquerer's Aegis Headpiece JC or Ancient Iron Heaume non JC
    Neck: Pendant of the Shallow Grave
    Shoulder: Conqueror's Aegis Shoulders
    Cloak: Pennant Cloak
    Chest: Breastplate of the Devoted
    Bracers: Binding of Winter Gale
    Gloves: Gauntlets of the Thunder God
    Belt: Belt of the Fallen Wyrm
    Legs: Valorous Redemption Greaves or Leggings of the Enslaved Idol or Frostplate Greaves
    Boots: Poignant Sabtons
    Ring1: Pyrelight Circle
    Ring2: Signet of Manifested Pain
    Weapon: Val'anyr, Gavel of Ancient Kings
    Shield: Wisdom's Hold

I've left out Trinkets and Libram, since they're mainly personal preference

Also to clarify for people, Sacred Shield doesn't proc off S/JoB, so its useless unless theres some AoE involved
    this is your BiS list. 4pb is incredibly bad itemization and poor bonuses (like most of you realize). the only difference i have in my list are these:

helm: leaning Conquerer's Aegis Headpiece for the 2pb. isn't a large enough difference between this and Ancient Iron Heaume imo.

waist: Blue Belt of Chaos you lose a lot of haste but the other pieces make up for it. 2 additonal sockets plus a little more crit and int is nice.

legs: definitely Frostplate Greaves crit ftw.

boots: Treads of the False Oracle if you can talk your mages into not hating you.

let me know what you think, xs.

Quote Originally Posted by apokteino
    this is your BiS list. 4pb is incredibly bad itemization and poor bonuses (like most of you realize). the only difference i have in my list are these:
    The four piece is absolutely incredible in the situations where SS is good, but rather underwhelming for other spots. It's very weird but I am pretty sure there's more than enough spots that I want it available in to pursue it. It would be a ton nicer if it wasn't bugged though - I haven't rechecked recently but it seems like the vortex bug persists in regards to SS on a couple fights.

On a side note I am fairly certain you can use higher ilvl boots, since you should be at or around haste softcap in the gear listed.

edit : I should note I am stating you should get the 4 piece available to you but not wear it most of the time.

Still a lot of work needed on the feet section. Post candidate boots for me, that I can put on the list.

http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=45513;45701;45434;45698

List of the discovered loot for us. Remember though, the majority of gear is still undiscovered.

Rockmender look OK to me. I don't mind the occasional mp/5 gear, as long as it's properly paired with crit. Plus, given the other Item choices, I can afford loosing a little haste.

Best part of the boots is the (yellow) socket. That's another 16 Int. Goof boots overall.

Quote Originally Posted by apokteino
    boots: Treads of the False Oracle if you can talk your mages into not hating you.

let me know what you think, xs.
    I saw those before, but hard mode, imba, cloth, boots... I doubt you'd get them for a very very long time or for a reasonable amount of DKP

As far as boot alternatives go, my BiS has 695 haste which is 21.2%, so its quite a way over the soft cap, but at the same time I focused it around a HL build, which puts it to 1.15 speed after Light's Grace and full buffs which is probably a bit excessive but it sounds good on paper :P

We'll probably find items like the Maly Chest which have mp5 but are much better than X with haste in the future anyway

How about Blue Belt of Chaos? http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45554
    3 sockets and everything

I left that out because for now at least theres going to be very few people with it on a server, so it'll either be for a stupid craft fee or not even available, but its a nice belt none the less and a good candidate for a Dragon's Eye as an SS build (as are all the other crafted belts)

Quote Originally Posted by EzriEU
    Rockmender look OK to me. I don't mind the occasional mp/5 gear, as long as it's properly paired with crit. Plus, given the other Item choices, I can afford loosing a little haste.

Best part of the boots is the (yellow) socket. That's another 16 Int. Goof boots overall.
    Doesn't matter that if it is a yellow slot, blue or whatever. Because the socket bonus is Mp5. But yes, is a socket bonus. I still prefer the boots off Noth instead of these though, until I see better from Ulduar

Comes down to this http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=45151;45554
    So essentially assuming you gem all the sockets with Int.
    Belt of the fallen Wyrm - Blue Belt of Chaos
    +9 stam +32 int
    +62 haste +16 Mp5
    +18 SP + 7 crit

Depends on your Haste status, the BoE is a better overall Belt but costs money (eww for some) and generally as long as you gear for crit it'd be very hard to go oom and need the extra Int as a HL build
    For a SS build the BoE wins pretty much hands down