Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: So what makes a GOOD pvp video?

Like I said before. It's already kind of cool seeing a Shadow Priest do well in PVP, but i'll be recording the "Good" fights.

Ones that don't end in a gigantic cluster f**k or shows me picking on a poorly geared gnome.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

• Ppl wanna se sum cool triks
    • And ppl wanna se u be able to sudenly finish a fight that looked to hard...
      Like sudenly switch targets and with sum imba moves cc and kill...

("ppl" here means me... :)
    (This 1 (http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=78487) is 1 of the best i know of...)
    "If the Burning Legion is such a problem why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a legion."

Quote Originally Posted by killarth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FFITWbUu3M best pvp video i've seen in a while
    One button all star? I know, lol I'm a Paladin lol... but still.

Well. I've seen some PvP videos I absolutely hated. Others I LOVED. Only one really stands out in my mind. Music fits it pretty well, the fights are sick, and it has some all in all good tips and funny things that you can do.
    (Link to above mentioned PvP vid warning: 46 minutes long : http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=7)
    And if that gets deleted for stretching out the page, Google vid ZalPalaPvP3. Its done well, no phony effects unless its to zoom in on an insanely high crit (from what i remember at least.) If you have some insane world PvP fights (like his 1v3 to start it off) i kinda like the horde counter at the top.
    EDIT: Just went back to it, it zoomed into a hunter FDing and explaining what he was doing. Also, right after that he goes into a tiny bit of explanation about how to PvP on a pally pre-BC. Pretty basic info, but still, someone heard that and was like "OH OK. I feel dumb" yadda yadda. just dont overload the video with those.

Deleted

Unmercey 6, that's a PvP video.

Quote Originally Posted by paowderlol
    Clicking.

Screamo.

Cluttered UI that looks fancy.

Flashy editing. (to divert the viewers attention)

More Screamo.

A little death metal.

Key turning.

Role playing segment.

Making it in Windows Movie Maker.

The 9 steps to success.
    Epic win.

Quote Originally Posted by Proioxis
    Unmercey 6, that's a PvP video.
    besides that rogue pvp videos are booring ...prolly because there is 3294058439537490 of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

What makes a good pvp video?

Boobies....
    And pie.....

k?

As many posters said above about using rock or metal for music isn't completely true, on my old server best horde guild was pretty heavy PvPers in TBC with amazing skill and I'm pretty sure every movie they made didn't have metal/rock.

can check out one of there videos here

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=54211

some other things that help would be

- Living for an extremely long time
    - Fighting more then you can chew and end up winning
    - Crits/ 1-3 shooting people
    - start the movie off with an outstanding intro, showing something really impressive, then when the "movie" starts show some basic kills, and work the clips up to show your talent (thats what gets me interested personally)
    - mix it up, have arena, some BGs, maybe WG, STV if your realm has a bunch of 80s camping there, etc.
    - if you play a spec/class that isn't good in PvP, show that it can, example: i play an enhancement shaman, i can fight 2-3 people, CCing one, kiting the other and burning the 3rd, most others cant fathom that, its worth recording.
    - PvPing while doing PvE is something interesting i see once in a while, maybe you have 2 mobs on you and a rogue sneak attacks you, kill the rogue while having the 2 mobs on you.
    - throw some humor in there
    - keep the UI simple, don't have everything scattered around the screen.

list can go on, G'luck making the movie
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

15+ Year Old Account

well i cant tell exactly what makes a good one but

NEVER EVER!! make a 10 min vid about killing blows and in some mysterius way all your Cd's are up every kill
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

I love video's where people show multiple specs. They really show they know their class and all the tricks an ability offers.

To be honest, in the old days (before patch 1.10) I really loved looking at PvP-vids and I did learn quite a few tricks. These days the standard PvP-vids don't bother me much, the only things I like to see is the innovative f.e. when the talenttrees have changed.

show off your cool manouvers (spell it?)

Like, in AB, trick your enemy to jump off and shoot him the way down, and like 5 seconds before it happends make a textnote:
    Incoming: Off-cliff shoot-down

Submit your guide or tutorial and win prizes!
    Guides for everything Minecraft! HowToMakeAMinecraftServer.com - Click to see more!

Buuble-Hearth? Dunno..

Well theres different types of vids I find entertaining

Vids what showcase pure skill... Vids that have amazing editing (like Eviscerape)... Awesome music and a bit of humor goes a long way too... Happyminti had vids where it shown you how many peeps he had killed in a row and that was pretty nice... But overall action that matches the music with some clever editing is enough to make me like it... Something just fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by HellBurn
    metal music
    How about no!

Dont put some *really* agressive music such as screamo in the background, as many people (including myself) hate this and will generally mute the pc for the duration of the video.

It really depends. I really loved all those 60-warrior vids, its not about skill, but they are just fun and entertainment. So, if looking for those i still remember Maydie, great editing, music fits well, nice shots and there's another one, mhm dont know the name, its a fury warrior who mainly focuses on editing, like showing the spirit healers wings on his shoulders and playing UT and dota sound while bg-zerging (if someone know the name, i would love to see this again :P) So, in general, some nice editing, but not too much, fiting music to the hits and crits, variety, 1vX, just zerging, etc

If looking for a more skill-based movie you should focus on 1vX and maybe arena. Have a clear and well-arranged UI, the music should be less agressive and loud (but as said before, depends on the class). Show something which is widly considered as "pro" and proves at least fast reactions, like vanishing ap-pyro or iceblocking deathcoil. Neilyo vids were always impressing, when he foresees the pally using HoJ and activates Cloak just half a second upfront...this should at least be your aim
    Absolutly no mouse, bind your vanity pet to a button if possible xD

Deleted

Music needs to have very important words in it!

heres an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HjUjbk52_s

tho you need uber 1337 skills to understand what are they saying...

But tbh, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozV_vWXZgZY for the win

High Contrast baby <3

i'm a bit famous i am Sénsory -.-
    link to my tip pvp movie,and see what u think bout it please
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qpDWgvCIco

honestly, what does the average viewer want to see?

~~big crits
    ~~KBs
    ~~e-peen flexes
    ~~uber killing sprees

but for the more trained PVPer, arenas definately, not just open BG play or world pvp/ganks -- skilled usage of cooldowns, not distracting the viewer with the annoying *OMFG ZOOM ON THE CRIT HOLY CRAP DID U SEE THAT IT WAS HUGE*... use what music you like, if its rap or hip hop im sorry, but its not always about the viewer

also ---- exploit what makes your class OP, it will make people want to be your class, maybe even reroll, then they realize they fail and /emo >

thats just what i think tho