Thread: threat issuses

threat issuses

Has anyone notice that threat has become and issuse ? i was doing some Heroics with guild mates. that i have done alot before and now im getting more threat.
    Im a disc priest. and i do have 1 point in silent resolve. here is my armory

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Sargmastif

Re: threat issuses

No and no. Blame the tank and timing of healing
    Then again could be your gear.. more crit = more threat.

Still you dont realy need any points in silent resolve.

Again, your healing threat is nothing compared to what a tank can pull.

only reason theres 1 point in silent resolve was do to the tree change in 3.1. But every since 3.1 ive seen more threat towards me.

As for crit i was told its still to low for a disc priest. Guess ill have to watch and see if it is my timing thats off with the tank of there is a threat issuse.

Since 3.1 and Ulduar, fade has become my best friend

Died twice on Ignis because of threat issues on the constructs. Now each time I use Prayer of Healing, I fade just after and it's now ok.

Thank You pepper. You know i have been using PoH alot more. Forgot all about that.
    I bet that is the reason why im getting alot more threat

Sounds like a tanking issue, more than anything else. If the tank can't keep threat off of you, how is he keeping it off of your deeps? ???

Put its not random. before 3.1 threat wasnt a issuse at all, Id cast what i wanted anytime.
    But now i cant. but i do use PoH alot more now that i can target grps with it. And as a disc priest being able to do some raid heals does help.

Even if you are spamming the heck out of ProH your tanks should be doing far more threat.

Both my Holy and Disc builds skip Silent Resolve completely.

An occasional fade on a strong heal as soon as a new mob spawns, of course. But if you're pulling off of a tank thats their fault, not yours.

Thanks everyone for your help. Nice to know its not me or the priest class its self.

The only way to generate threat as a healer is to effectively heal a target.... if its the start of a pull and you can effectively heal enough to pull aggro it means:

1. The tank got uber smashed instantly requireing a large number of heals, ie. tank is undergeared
    2. The tank hit 1 of the 4 mobs in the pull and didn't bother to generate any threat on those 3
    3. You were chain pulling and had a lot of healing to do at the start of the pull and you didn't think to use fade pre-emptively.

For every 1 point of healing you do you generate 0.5 threat and that threat is then evenly divided among all aggroed mobs, therefore if you had 2 mobs aggroed, healing for 1 would generate 0.25 threat on them both. Healers should never pull aggro, assuming that the tank and healer both know what they're doing. I suggest you remove the 1 point in silent resolve and put it somewhere useful.