Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: The Epic assault, Uludar: whos your favorite?

Even though he's our major roadblock I would have to go with Mimiron. Its a very fun and well-tuned fight. My second favorite would have to be Hodir cause its not very often that I get to jump-tank

For all of you stuck on Mimi, wait til you see Yogg.

it's a far better, more hectic, more co-ordinated fight. Really

Theres only one problem with Yogg.

On certain fights, Freya, Flame Leviathan, Mimiron, the hard modes drastically change the fight. It's like a whole new fight.

Unfortunately with Yogg, on the hard mode, its basically the same fight still.
    [center]Ultemicia - Warlock

All 10/25 Ulduar Content Cleared - Except Algaon. Working on hard modes!
    All 10/25 WotLK Content Cleared - Including Sartharion + 3 Drakes

Bloodscalp EU

Ultemicia - Lv80 Warlock
    Tungusic - L80 Restoration Shaman
    Ingafel - L75 Rogue (In progress)
    Ratenu - L70 Prot Warrior (In progress)

So far, Mimiron, and I've experienced all the fights but the last two. Takes a fair amount of coordination and unlike the previous fights in there it seems that if you mess up you get one shotted. Of the ones I've killed, I'd say Freya. Really looking forward to General and Yogg.

Two fights

Flame Leviathan: Yes, I know it's super easy, but I find the different vehicles fun. Especially doing a different vehicle each week as driver/passenger.

Mimiron: Fun fight, it really keeps you on your toes (we've 1 shot it the last 2 times through). The hardmode of this fight looks pretty challenging.

hodir is cool, I love having the crit buff. 9k instant poisons hah!

Vezax is somewhat original, though yogg has to take the cake for mindfuck fights. We put in our first hour of attempts on him last week, overall very crazy fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pium
    also first wipe on XT-002 where 90% of the raid was in tears at the voice acting.
    First time we did XT on Heroic there were 15 people who had never seen XT yet, our 10 group had killed him(her?) the night before...

As soon as we pulled, tank was gib'd because healers were all laughing so hard and listening to the voice they forgot to.. you know... heal.

Also... Though we learned Freya fairly quickly in 10 and 25, it's a fun fight. Mimirion is... well, awesome I can't wait to do it as a DPS instead of tank.. somewhere down the road.

Mimiron, or Yogg with 3 watchers or less..
    Fights are challenging, makes people move and think fast.
    Alot of things to look at, Mimiron might be a bit easy once killed..
    But Yogg with 2-3 watchers is certainly a great fight!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Yogg-saron. Definetly. It's really nicely tuned, it's a really nice fight and it's great fun! AND it's a BIT challenging compared to everything else that has currently been there for a lot of time :P Looking forward to Algalon though

Mimiron.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal
    I feel sorry for the poor guild carrying your hopeless ass.

Mimiron. Love his quotes especilly those in phase 1.

On another note Saras random scream when your fighting the keepers chills me to the bone.
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin Majare
    On another note Saras random scream when your fighting the keepers chills me to the bone.
    Yeah the first time I heard her scream while fighting a boss I was like "HOLY CRAP WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?". Entirely unexpected.

On another note: Healing on General Vezax is AWESOME.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Best fights for me:
    Mimiron
    Thorim (great that you have to split up the raid, great encounter idea)
    Ignis (good to watch fire burn down the adds)
    Hodir - amazing visuals on this fight

Honorable mention to Auriaya, the pull idea of that fight is amazing, well done Blizzard!

Do not like:
    Vezax
    Yoggy

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

XT Deconstructor ftw ^^

It's actually impossible for me to choose, since I have had a blast with almost ALL the bosses. If I had to pick a couple it would be:

XT: Doing him the first week it came out meant perfect execution and we cheered so damn hard when we finally killed him. Not knowing if everyone would survive a tantrum, in order for us to make the enrage timer we also had me (MT) tanking both XT and Pummelers (which as you can imagine was hectic towards the end).

Hodir: This fight has proved relatively easy, but its just so much damn fun. I love it, moving around, dodging falling things, avoiding flash freeze, getting near NPCs, etc, just really really cool.

Mimiron: Easilly one of the best encounters I have come across since everyone has to do everything perfectly. I love how unforgiving it is and how it will basically one shot people in each of its phases (rockets, laser barrage, etc). Our guild has lovingly called Phase 4: Armaggedon, I am pumped to try hard mode, but will be a while yet since we're still trying to get Vezax down.

But honestely there are very few fights I don't enjoy, Thorim is a very intense battle and I enjoy the Council of Iron too, Ulduar is just a blast all around (even FL which I had my reservations about it tons of fun, and superbly designed together with how it scales with towers).