Thread: Paladin Tanking

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Paladin Tanking

I got almost full tanking gear now but i still need 2 trinkets and 2 rings wich are easy to get and good?

It's calculated from your defense skill is the simple answer.

You have a base 5% chance to be missed, and then defense skill increases your chance to be missed as well as increasing dodge, parry and block.

540 Defense, the minimum to be uncrittable leaves you at approximately 9.5% miss due to diminishing returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclaer
    I got almost full tanking gear now but i still need 2 trinkets and 2 rings wich are easy to get and good?
    It widely depends on your gear which is best for you, and what instances you have access to.

Essense of gossamer from AN heroic is good, if you're a jewelcrafter you should have the monarch crab. Repelling Charge is a great trinket from Naxxramas 10man. If you can't get that you can farm HoL normal for seal of the pantheon.

Otherwise you could look at the badgeloot tirnket which personally I don't rate.

For rings, titanium earthguard ring is great and will last you a long time. For BiS pre ulduar you're looking at getting the sand-worn band from naxx25 to go with the earthguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikari
    You ~will~ need at least Spiritual Attunement 1/2, you won't get anything from Divine Plea, only from Blessing of Sanctuary (and SA)
    1/2 isnt enough on vezax, I run dry at times, not being able to block sucks, and you cant slack the tps either on that fight..
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

15+ Year Old Account

Tankadins are imba whatever they do

^
    | not really but okey

do i need any intellect or should i just get a mage in party?

Martini

Quote Originally Posted by enbee
    1/2 isnt enough on vezax, I run dry at times, not being able to block sucks, and you cant slack the tps either on that fight..

I just started doing Vez today. I a running a 1/2 SA Build. Now I'm not going to lie and tell you I wasn't having mana issues. But I can tell you 1/2 is plenty. Don't rely s much on Consecration and you'll be fine. Consecration doesn't really shine on single target bosses. So unless you want to respec, set you build completely based on one fight, or dual spec prot with a difference of 1/2 SA or 2/2 SA I'd advise just exercising a bit of mana control and you'll be more than fine.

well im probably not going to have 2 speccs of prot

Quote Originally Posted by Parium

I just started doing Vez today. I a running a 1/2 SA Build. Now I'm not going to lie and tell you I wasn't having mana issues. But I can tell you 1/2 is plenty. Don't rely s much on Consecration and you'll be fine. Consecration doesn't really shine on single target bosses. So unless you want to respec, set you build completely based on one fight, or dual spec prot with a difference of 1/2 SA or 2/2 SA I'd advise just exercising a bit of mana control and you'll be more than fine.
    I don't know about you, but I am willing to move a single talent point to remove a level of complexity from a progression fight.

Martini

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Let me tell you something;
    On a guild run to 10-man Vezax (Progression, they killed him recently), i was having no mana issues at all. BoSanc and SA were enough. Since i couldn't use Divine Plea, it had to be. I didn't need to skip consecration, and had no mana or threat problems.
    You can back off the threat if you've got a massive lead on the next person on the list, and this helps with sustaining your mana.

Admittedly, we'd only killed Mimiron the same night, so we didn't manage to get too far into the fight. But for the few minutes i was tanking him each attempt, i had no mana issues.

You should be able to go flat out whilever there's a healer or 2 still alive, as long as you have BoSanc on you. It suddenly has a new value in fights like that.
    Funny enough the only time I really did run into problems was towards the beginning when I was pusing threat. Go figure...so yeah adding in some space instead of spamming away at abilities may be a better way to go once you start dropping a bit down.

Quote Originally Posted by gibborim
    I don't know about you, but I am willing to move a single talent point to remove a level of complexity from a progression fight.
    mmmm, not really. At least not something like this that is managible. My level of ability and skill come from adapting to things. Not changing my spec everytime something new comes up. I have my personal optimized spec, so a prolem presents itself I change my style a bit. Only once I have made sufficent attempts at correcting my style do I look at my spec for changes. So yes if it was impossible for me to perform my job on Vez without having 2/2 SA then I would spec into it. But since I figured out how to deal with it, not loose threat, and not die for something I did wrong, 1/2 SA is where I'm going to be staying.

Could any1 show pics or tell me how to lay out spells and tell me what seal to use and what blessing and what rotations

Could any1 show pics or tell me how to lay out spells and tell me what seal to use and what blessing and what rotations
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you aren't still in the middle of the same raid when you started this topic two days ago. If you are, wtf. With that in mind, go back to post number 2(the first one after your initial post) and click those links.
    "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Suess

Quote Originally Posted by Hwangchung
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you aren't still in the middle of the same raid when you started this topic two days ago. If you are, wtf. With that in mind, go back to post number 2(the first one after your initial post) and click those links.
    ive looked there buti really cant find a rotation

now i got 21k hp, 539 Def, 17,37% dodge, 16,43%parry and 12,82% block what should i improve more on

Martini

ive looked there buti really cant find a rotation
    I'm not psitive about what you are asking, but I think you are asking about how to bind your abilities and what rotation to use.

Considering the following:
    All blessings active
    Retadins refusing to use light for judgement
    You are in a raid

spell layout (these are what I use at least)

1 shield of righteousness
    2 consecration
    3 holy shield
    4 Judgement
    5 Hammer of the righteous

Rotation using those buttons (for me)
    First off, have DP and HS up when you're ready to pull
    pull with Avenger's shield mainly

5,4,1,3,5,2,1,4,5,3,1,2,5,4,1,3,5,2,1,4,5,3,1,2,5,4,1,3,5,2,1,4,5,3,1  (it's a pattern)

you are alternating 5 and 1 while putting in a 4 3 or 2 deending on which one of those you pressed last.

That has got to be more confusing than anything in this thread.... Why in the world are you asking like this AHH!!!

sorry folks all nighter and redbull = crazy paladin kid

Anyway its a 969696969 rotation using meaning short CD ability long CD ability over and over again. (I'm trying to use simple terms but it's making it more confusing!!!)

or you could go with my new keybindings/macros

Q    Macro  /castsequence reset=6 Hammer of the Righteous, Shield of Righteousness
    E    Macro  /castsequence reset=9 Judgement of Wisdom, Holy Shield, consecration

With that setup your rotation becomes

Q,E,Q,E,Q,E,Q,E,Q,E,Q,E,Q,E,Q,E,Q,E,Q,E,Q,E,Q,E,Q,E,Q,E (See the pattern?)

Edit: Meh it wasn't as bad as I thought. Yesterday was a horrible day though. Downed Vez on 10 man though. now only if people would stop flaking so we can finish off mimiron in 25 man =/

Abilties with 6 second cooldowns: ShoR, HotR

Abilties with 9 second cooldowns: Judgement, Consecration, Holy Shield.

The standard rotation 96969696... The order which you start with is very situational.. if it's AoE, start with consecrate followed by hotr for your first 9,6. If it's single target use Judgement, then ShoR.

In essence you should be doing something like this..

Holy Shield
    HotR
    Judgement
    ShoR
    Consecrate
    HotR
    Holy Shield
    ShoR
    Judgement
    HotR
    Consecrate
    ShoR

It's 18 seconds for a complete rotation.

Martini

Quote Originally Posted by Lightstrike
    Abilties with 6 second cooldowns: ShoR, HotR

Abilties with 9 second cooldowns: Judgement, Consecration, Holy Shield.

The standard rotation 96969696... The order which you start with is very situational.. if it's AoE, start with consecrate followed by hotr for your first 9,6. If it's single target use Judgement, then ShoR.

In essence you should be doing something like this..

Holy Shield
    HotR
    Judgement
    ShoR
    Consecrate
    HotR
    Holy Shield
    ShoR
    Judgement
    HotR
    Consecrate
    ShoR

It's 18 seconds for a complete rotation.

Lot-less-confusing

yeah