Thread: Rogue 2v2 teams

Rogue 2v2 teams

I'm a mut/prep rogue in my pvp spec. I was doing 2v2 with a disc priest, we had a lot of good synergy. But, due to matters beyond his control, he's had to stop playing wow for a while. What other Rogue combinations are good in 2v2? I'm also considering the idea of getting some people to form a 3v3 team, what are some good combinations there that incorporate a rogue?

Re: Rogue 2v2 teams

rogues work well with... well... almost anything O.o

restokin rogue/rogue rogue/mage rogue/warlock rogue/pally rogue/shaman rogue... you get the point

rogue rogue, rogue mage, rogue druid might be good (cyclone off blind DR) rogue lock, but i'd stick with a priest

rogue rogue and rogue mage both get eaten by warrior druid.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by tonk
    especially rogue rogue
    BERSERKER RAGE?????? OP..LOL
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    rogue/mage doesn't get eaten by druid/war...
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    You don't... Blowing all CDs on the druid (aka, double vanish for 100% overkill and lotz of cheap shot and garrote, 2x coldblood, KS, deep freeze, imp counterspell, gouge after initial cheap shot to give your mage some time to position after sheeping warr...), all that in about 15 seconds will give you a kill most of the time... mostly by that time the warr has gone loose on the rogue, who is full of bleeds and about to die...

Then, the issue of the game varies, if the rogue dies and the mage is let to 1v1, arms warr full of CDs are actually hard for a CD-less mage, but doable, depends...

Never ever get charged (vanishing charge stun is pretty easy if the drood is smart and kiting you in his warr LoS for a trinket -> charge -> lolstorm), use feint to counter bladestorm, never lose an inch to the druid and make a cooldowns spree... do NOT use SnD (last druid we burned I took 13.5k damage from thorns in less then 15seconds, let's not increase that by 40% ^^)

If you are confident you can kill a 30k HP defensive warrior in 14 seconds with half your cooldowns, you can also open super hard on the druid and get a trinket, into blind + imp counterspell. This is a very dodgy strategy, and bladestorm is underrated as defensive hability. You can also go super agressive on warr and blind the druid right away to get a trinket, and then switch... This will only work once though, next game he will sit in blind -> GG

mage/rogue is quite easy to counter as warr/drood!
    the key to win here is the fact that you need to rupt their burst chain and make thema waste as many gcds as you can at the start.

the first thing is that your druid needs to rub pillars(whatever) so that the mages needs to go in "close combat".
    start off with an intervene on your druid followed by a charge+fear on either the rogue or the mage if both are in range.
    i would recomend the rogue so you can disarm him if the mage is too far away for a fear.
    at that point it turned out for me that switching on the mage here is the key to win.
    stick to him like a limpet an force him to play as defensive as possible so he won't get a free gcd to cs your drood or get a sheep out on you.
    charge/intercept him into bs so he needs to blink oder block!
    if he blinks cancel the bs and get back on him and crush his following block(they will! ), just turn that rotation as the mage does.
    beware of sheeps and los or spellreflect them, because you normal need your trinket at the start if you eat a sap/sheep combo.
    just stick to the mage so he can't support his rogue and advise your drood to kite the rogue away if possible!

at that point the game is pretty much over for the benefit of warr/drood since you destroyed their intital burst rotation.

Why not just find another disc priest? People on the official forums complain about them being broke all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MM0-rten
    rogue /mage get pwned by resto druid /rogue.. I start on mage, rogue attacks me.. I run around doing nothing and getting CC'd /nuked, rogue dies from thorns and mage get's killed later on.. It's free rating
    druid>rogue
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

i haven't really played much mage rogue this season, but the druid 9/10 will come out pre hotted and not be as easy a kill as most people here imply with any competent warrior peeling for him. I would think beating druid warrior as mage rogue is not as easy as it was prior seasons just because of druid and warrior buffs

yeah 1st thing is in tbc you could start the match as mage vs war, and the mage would destroy the war without really using any cd forcing the druid to get out of steath to heal his partner -> and being vulnerable to a switch or a chain cc if the war is low enough.

Now mage doesn't utterly destroy an arm war 1v1, he actually have to use cds and he can take quite alot of dmg.. so the whole tactic change.

Quote Originally Posted by Yad
    so he won't get a free gcd to cs your drood
    Cs is off-gcd

Quote Originally Posted by Yad
    at that point the game is pretty much over for the benefit of warr/drood since you destroyed their intital burst rotation.
    Rogue and mage can do actually reset a fight pretty well and do another *burst rotation*

But yeah this is a tough comp to beat especially because mage/rogue is really cc dependant and Tree = no sheep.. and usually you have to switch target and catch opportunities if you want to win.
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Rogue/Restokin Druid
    Rogue/Mage
    Rogue/Lock
    Rogue/Shaman (ele and Resto both work)
    Rogue/Priest

Rogue community: the thing that makes us OP is a combination of 130 energy and overkill, not mutilate damage.

Ghostretard: Nah, we'll cut the balls off mutilate, lawl

Rogue community:...................

Ghostretard: We're happy where rogues are in PvP

Ghostretard: Wait, NM we'll also nerf overkill now and give you absolutely no fucking compensation while deathtards and retnubs still do gross amounts of damage with better defensive capabilities.