Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Bye Bye Nitro Boots

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The engineering boot enchant, Nitro Boosts, will no longer be usable in rated or skirmish arena matches.
    WTF. I demand that dragonseyes aren't usable in arenas. And also ringenchantes. And everything else a profession brings to the crafter.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Re: Bye Bye Nitro Boots

I hope you spent all your money levelling Engineer to have an unfair advantage in pvp as a priest, getting a free fear requiring no skill at all.

Furthermore I hope this change makes you depressed, Drops your rating below 1500 and makes you stop posting on these forums for the rest of your life.

So, "Suck on it"

Altough I do not have anything against other engineers the boots were game-breaking in arena just like double dps GLG used to be, everyone knows Engi is behind in PvE but that does not justify that it was required to preform to your max in arena.

I have seen your posts before AetherMcLoud, that is why i disrespect you to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstrider
    I hope you spent all your money levelling Engineer to have an unfair advantage in pvp as a priest, getting a free fear requiring no skill at all.

Furthermore I hope this change makes you depressed, Drops your rating below 1500 and makes you stop posting on these forums for the rest of your life.

So, "Suck on it"

Altough I do not have anything against other engineers the boots were game-breaking in arena just like double dps GLG used to be, everyone knows Engi is behind in PvE but that does not justify that it was required to preform to your max in arena.

I have seen your posts before AetherMcLoud, that is why i disrespect you to the fullest.
    Cause a PB fear from a class with no mobility is really easy to get off and so hard to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeves
    Cause a PB fear from a class with no mobility is really easy to get off and so hard to avoid.
    Because running away is easy if you're either stunlocked or 70% slowed.

Because running away is easy if you're either stunlocked or 70% slowed.
    You should avoid 1v2ing

Someone sounds butthurt.

Pinkstrider, I like where you're coming from.

Sleeves, I quoted this for you in case you missed it.

So, "Suck on it"
    The one team I know of in which every member had engineering for this reason was happy about this change. The reason? They only leveled it to get the advantage that was used against them so many times.

Man the quality of these forums is a bit meh these days. Im not an engineer but i still agree that the nitro boots are a fun and more-then-usefull to have, even in arenas.

But then you lot start to qq at the OP for what reason exactly?

bah :s

You should avoid 1v2ing

Someone sounds butthurt.
    I have engineering too, and didn't use the nitro boosts until I actually got owned by them once. I don't mind them being gone in arena now.
    Atleast I'll still be able to use em in pve to swiftly come to a raid-member's aid.

(PS: what anime is your avatar from?)

We QQ because it actually is op'd in arenas. I can think of about 8 people on hand that lost matches in the upper 2100s brackets until they did the same thing. I actually agree with his post part of then taking away jcing gems or any other profession from arena. Pvp is pvp.

Just remember the first time ret got their real huge buff followed by a nerf. The rets were QQing even though most of them knew they were op'd. In this case it's the engineers turn, they will be mad because it's them.

15+ Year Old Account

My, My, I seem to have quite the wordmonger reputation still. But anyway, although you won't believe me anyway: My priest is an engineer since level 10. I've lived through all the up (like none) and downs (and there were lots) of the profession. I will never drop it. It is my profession (even in real life). But such severe HOTFIX nerfs are just irresponsible.

How about "We decided to deactivate dragons eyes in arena because they provide an unfair advantage and we don't have the tech yet to fix it. We will probably fix them in 3.3" - the outrage would be even louder, because while engineers are used to UNJUST nerfs, JCers are not.

A char with JC will always have 33 resilience more than a char without JC. How is this justified when having a 2 seconds sprint (which doesn't even dispell slows) on a 3 minute CD is not?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

The only reason this change hits home on some people is that we've had engineering since we made our toons, for bombs and the(Previously like bc) amazingness and well face it, style, of the goggles. The flying machine is neat too, but engineering has always been great fun and for once was useful outside of minor things. The gloves are still great i won't deny that. But taking away what was for some classes the only way to get away from someone who let their slow drop off, or if you were a shadowpriest like me boots->fade or dispersion boots(Slightly ridiculous but meh, you can do it on your mount if you want to talk about ridiculous.) I mean sure some might think it requires no skill to get a boots fear on some pillar humping druid who thinks he's amazing cause his dps can sit on me while i can't hope to hobble to him and fear him i could once every 3 minutes if they worked get a fear on him and actually use my cc, the most easily countered cc btw. Yes shadow pvp isn't ideal but i play what i like and until recent nerfs(Blind fear dr, now this so there goes a fear all together.), i guess i'm just mad that people who mass rerolled ruined something engineering finally had that wasn't LOLGENERATORS, which needed to be nerfed much quicker imo. But nitro boosts have been nerfed twice due to arenaQQ. It's just silly and something that came with no warning or justification. At this point scrap it all and give us the same stat bonuses as another profession, no more guessing how much this is worth and that and then retracting it whatever, just venting i suppose~

TLR Enjoy your wasted money people who rerolled professions, enjoy engineering being subpar forever those of us who have it forever. Fix cleave please.

Also for whoever asked, avatar is Toradora.

I spent lots of gold just a week ago on leveling engi for those boots as a mage playing mainly arena in this game.
    And of course I hate this nerf. But I agree to all of you that those boots were gamebreaking.

The problem is that, now engi is really useless for pve AND pvp, and thats what makes me QQ.
    I'd love to see engi being buffed again. But NOT in the sense of giving engi those boots back, but giving them
    a special enchant for example. You could give'em a special boot enchant, like 60 spellpower or something.
    Now, If you compare it to the pve enchant for casters ( 12sp + 12 hit) it gives engis an advantage of 36 spellpower,
    what could be compared to ench or JC......(12 hit + 12 sp = 24sp...... just as an example)
    I'd really love to see something like this, cause I think everybody would be happy about that.
    No gamebreaking skills just because of a proffession, but also having no disadvantage as engi, cause compared to
    ench, jc etc.... you have actually a disadvantage atm.

And please, please don't turn this into a troll thread with people talking about icecream or something different off topic

You should avoid 1v2ing

Someone sounds butthurt.
    Did I say it killed me when they got an unfair advantage trough engineering? I didnt. However, why is it that all the top players are Engineers? I'm sure the boots had nothing at all to do with it?

And as I said before I am well aware of the bad state of engineering in PvE and the history of it. JC however just adds a bit to your stats, wich is nothing game-breaking altough it is now the best for both PvP and PvE.

My partners have the rocket boots so this change does affect me, but anyone that doesnt agree that the rocket boots were just overpowered is just wrong. Rogue/Mage teams still have the rocket gloves and they are quite deadly for such a combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Danulf
    I spent lots of gold just a week ago on leveling engi for those boots as a mage playing mainly arena in this game.
    And of course I hate this nerf. But I agree to all of you that those boots were gamebreaking.

The problem is that, now engi is really useless for pve AND pvp, and thats what makes me QQ.
    I'd love to see engi being buffed again. But NOT in the sense of giving engi those boots back, but giving them
    a special enchant for example. You could give'em a special boot enchant, like 50 spellpower or something.
    If you now compare it to the pve enchant for casters ( 12sp + 12 hit) it gives engis an advantage of 36 spellpower,
    what could be compared to ench or JC......(12 hit + 12 sp = 24sp...... just as an example)
    I'd really love to see something like this, cause I think everybody would be happy about that.
    No gamebreaking skills just because of a proffession, but also having no disadvantage as engi, cause compared to
    ench, jc etc.... you have actually a disadvantage atm.

And please, please don't turn this into a troll thread with people talking about icecream or something different off topic
    if you only learn a profession for arena then it had to be clear for you that there ist something wrong.. but all you people can do is whine. its pathetic

There are so many things that really could use a nerf.

But nitro is not one of them.
    Pay a man enough, and he'll walk barefoot into hell

Quote Originally Posted by Neheb
    There are so many things that really could use a nerf.

But nitro is not one of them.
    Riiiiight. That's why nearly every single serious PvPer I know rerolled Engineering. It wasn't because it was so OP that you were retarded NOT to have it or anything. /endsarcasm

Listen. JC is very nice. So is Blacksmithing, and Enchanting and the other professions that buff only stats. But that is in NO way comparable to a profession that gives you an extra ability.

OP, I'm sorry your profession got nerfed. Heck, I'm even sorry if you just rerolled it only for PvP. I agree that engineering needs some better passive stat bonuses. However, ANY bonuses that aren't just stats, but change the game in a considerable way by adding new abilities or attacks have no place whatsoever in Arena matches.

Blizzard completely and totally dropped the ball on this one btw. This has already happened, in early TBC when they made the rocket boots unusable in Arenas, and they were total pieces of crap without the proc, and were STILL hax. How did they think it was going to be any different now? Stop jerking engineers around. Give them good reasons to stay engineering without making it stupidly overpowered.

They were removed in BC for a reason. People should have expected them to be removed in wrath. Most people predicted it would happen, I hope engineers enjoyed game breaking mechanics while they lasted.

15+ Year Old Account

why dont they just only allow mirror matches in arena and not allow any professions at all.

seems to be where it's going.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    why dont they just only allow mirror matches in arena and not allow any professions at all.

seems to be where it's going.
    Dont forget you get to do it with token gear that makes everyones stats the same.

It's a difficult concept to understand admittedly. Min/max PvE is O.K. min/max in PvP, not O.K.

What's allowable in high end raiding isn't for high end PvP. People are far too concerned with their preconceived notions of balance that anything they don't have needs to be removed. The people defending one side or the other can simply be labeled "has engineering" and "doesn't have engineering".

In other words, the PvP community is a giant circle jerk. You have no real way of determining anything beneficial, because anything beneficial only lasts until the next patch.