Enhance Questions

So I know the priority rotation, i've got a spec which i find provides good dps and raid buffs, hit capped (always have a boomkin/spriest raiding), expertise capped, and all that jazz. Question i want to ask is, why is my dps not comparable to other shamans with similar gear/knowledge? I do max, on normal fights, between 4k-4.6k and am reading from other shamans, posting here and elsewhere, that they are doing 5k+ with the same gear. I'm not trying to bitch or complain, but I just want to see if anyone who reads this post has any helpful suggestions. So if you see anything I could be doing better with my spec, gear, gems, enchants (I know these arent all the best ones), or anything else then please reply.
    Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&n=Dogofmight (sorry if it shows me in restoration spec)
    Also i have yet to receive any upgrades from ulduar yet as none have dropped.

Deleted

Re: Enhance Questions

50 AP on Main Hand, +8 stats on chest, 16 agi on cloak, 38 AP on bracers, Honored Sons of Hodir shoulder enchant instead of Exalted.

Don't slack on enchants, and you will see an immediate improvement for starters.

Once your enchants are sorted, then come and ask why your dps is sub par.

some gems should be placed elsewhere... prismatic gems on red sockets and red gem in a blue socket... hum...
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

and you're overcapped with hit. 341 is what you need. remove one point from shamanistic focus and put it into imp shields. believe me, mana isn't an issue as enh^^

and try to swap a t7,5 for something better. for example malygos25 gloves. you should also enchant your boots with runspeed, best enchant for any fight where you have to run a little (so nearly every fight^^)

Quote Originally Posted by wlfbck
    and you're overcapped with hit. 341 is what you need. remove one point from shamanistic focus and put it into imp shields. believe me, mana isn't an issue as enh^^

and try to swap a t7,5 for something better. for example malygos25 gloves. you should also enchant your boots with runspeed, best enchant for any fight where you have to run a little (so nearly every fight^^)
    Please don't post unless you know what you're talking about. Hit cap for horde is 368.

To OP, don't use AGI gems. Use pure AP ones. Also as someone has already stated, don't slack on enchants. The only thing I can give in your rotation is make sure to always refresh magma totem.

You are probably in the same boat as myself. Most of my boss fights tend to last longer than those posting higher dps figures due to the rest of the raid party not putting out high dps as well. This will always lower your dps due to the spread of the major procs/buffs/CDs over a longer time frame.

Thanks for all the advice guys, im working on getting enchanted as best as i can at the moment. But either way if ya have any other suggestions then please post again.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    You are probably in the same boat as myself. Most of my boss fights tend to last longer than those posting higher dps figures due to the rest of the raid party not putting out high dps as well. This will always lower your dps due to the spread of the major procs/buffs/CDs over a longer time frame.
    Yup the "It's not me its the slackers with me" defence, that's always been my issue too. New guild formed however so fingers crossed can actually do some real raiding now.

LOL, well simply put when you know you should not top almost every fight, but typically do it's a bad sign. I would rather them beat me every time if it means making better progression. Dogofmight, check out the lengths of your fights compared to those posted in the Ulduar DPS thread to give yourself a comparison. Unless two fights are of almost equal length it is hard to compare the numbers.

Yeah im almost never top dps, but im at least in the top five usually.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

RNG for enh shamans still so, wouldnt be too worried about it