Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warriors + Arena = Bad.

Warriors have plate, shields and Defensive Stance and virtually no active defenses. I think warriors are doing better because DKs are more balanced now and because warriors got Juggernaut. If we nerfed Juggernaut into the ground (which we aren't going to do), then I think you'd see warriors collapse again. Maybe.
    So without Juggernaut warriors are screwed. We're only balanced due to one op skill. yay.

Re: Warriors + Arena = Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubling
    So without Juggernaut warriors are screwed. We're only balanced due to one op skill. yay.
    Yep.

P.S.: funny how blue guy did not mention that going to def stance and equipping a shield kills our dps output while DKs and rogues hardly sacrifice anything when kicking their defensive CDs....
    This user has been banned.

Didn't Blizz say that they are keeping eye on him?
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Revenge spam can help against some Meeles but what do you do against casters putting pressure on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Predatore
    Revenge spam can help against some Meeles but what do you do against casters putting pressure on you?
    infight charge, pummel, spell reflect, intercept, overpower. all of these are great tools against casters
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

not completely useless but close to. you basically need 0ms reaction time to successfully overcome the stance dance lag and pummel a 1.5 sec cast.

as for revenge spam:
    last time I checked, frost strike was spell damage and a warrior was just as well able to kill a DK without a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    not completely useless but close to. you basically need 0ms reaction time to successfully overcome the stance dance lag and pummel a 1.5 sec cast.

as for revenge spam:
    last time I checked, frost strike was spell damage and a warrior was just as well able to kill a DK without a shield.
    warrior DK is just a really lopsided fight. the DK can bypass to much of your armor by focusing on icy touch (for high RP generation) howling blast, and frost strike, or chain scourge strikes and deathcoil. some fights are like that. DK pally is lke that to, except in reverse, because nearly ALL the paladin's damage is magical and the DK doesn't have a healing debuff to mitigate art of war
    all hail king frost strike

if you mean ret: melee, CS and DS are still physical.

if you mean ret: melee, CS and DS are still physical.
    CS is you say? was it always? i remember when they converted DS to physical, but i had been under the impression CS was holy. well, in that case, perhaps more then the DKs damage is magical would be phrasing it better

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=35395

overall, I would clearly say that DKs do more armor piercing damage than the other melees, even retardins. not least, as all their spells crit for 200% (or even 230%?).

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=35395

overall, I would clearly say that DKs do more armor piercing damage than the other melees, even retardins. not least, as all their spells crit for 200% (or even 230%?).
    well i suppose you would need to actually sit down with a full damage percentages report to be sure of course, but i would still be surprised if that was the case, especially for frost knights who mix in a lot of obliterates

Looks like blizz is nerfing Juggernaught into the ground anyway rofl.

+25% chance to crit with shield slam and mortal strike.
    Glyph of rapid charge -7% charge cooldown. (from 20%)
    -7% of 15 = 1.05, i doubt they round up. Charge has a 14 second cooldown. (1 second cd reduction via a major glyph, yay!)

Maybe.

Yep.

P.S.: funny how blue guy did not mention that going to def stance and equipping a shield kills our dps output while DKs and rogues hardly sacrifice anything when kicking their defensive CDs....
    Are you really saying Rogues are fine? If we lost something while using our defensive CDs we would be one of the worst classes in the game, maybe even behind Shamans! Not to mention we use these CDs (in a BG) maybe once out of every 3-5 fights depending on how active you are. DKs are fine now since 3.1, they are pretty balanced from my perspective.

You know 100% to 25% sounds pretty terrible but considering in full pvp gear you should have about 30% crit doesn't make it to bad imo, cause 55% crit is still good.

I'll keep my opinion very short:

I still feel like rerolling a warrior. First when I heard of the talent, I did not care about the crit at all, just the charge in combat with a 1.5 sec stun without DR is imba
    The warriors are one of the easiest classes to kite, but once they are close, they will kill their opponent. In other words, counter them with cc and if you can't, then they are supposed to be the best killing machine since you're using their greatest weakness :P

But really, warriors are still very good in arena, and they would also be very viable with a 15 sec in-combat charge without any crit bonus and I would still like to have one ^^

Quote Originally Posted by mikklas
    The warriors are one of the easiest classes to kite
    They one of the easiest classes to kite BEFORE this new patch. Now there is no way to kite them since when you are out of the stun and IF you manage to get some distance they can charge or intercept again.
    My whineposts are better than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Yepp
    They one of the easiest classes to kite BEFORE this new patch. Now there is no way to kite them since when you are out of the stun and IF you manage to get some distance they can charge or intercept again.
    This is probably a comment from one of those weak mages that dont know why their better colleagues can faceroll warriors and they cannot. With a really good frost mage, there is no way a warrior can do significant damage before he dies/his partner dies.

I like the part "since when you are out of stun"- 1,5 second stun, every 12 (now 14 yay) seconds, 3 second stun every 25 seconds that is lowered by DR. Sounds like a total permastun for me, aye.

Thanks to such people, who would simply obliterate any warrior on arena before we got Juggy and rapid charge, and are too lazy to devise a technique to counter them now, we get nerfed. Its always easier to write a QQ post on the forums than to try facing the challange in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    A warrior is kinda like a blender. You can shatter it from a long way off with a gun, or you could even pull the plug so it can't move, but if you stick your face into it when it's moving you're going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Abacus
    This is probably a comment from one of those weak mages that dont know why their better colleagues can faceroll warriors and they cannot. With a really good frost mage, there is no way a warrior can do significant damage before he dies/his partner dies.

I like the part "since when you are out of stun"- 1,5 second stun, every 12 (now 14 yay) seconds, 3 second stun every 25 seconds that is lowered by DR. Sounds like a total permastun for me, aye.

Thanks to such people, who would simply obliterate any warrior on arena before we got Juggy and rapid charge, and are too lazy to devise a technique to counter them now, we get nerfed. Its always easier to write a QQ post on the forums than to try facing the challange in the game.
    facing a challenge? I'm sorry but warrior OP ness in TBC was not cause warriors were good, it was cause they had synergy with druids. Basically hamstring made druids travel form feel like they were mounted, the only ones that could slow them down was lolret which was terrible in TBC, so they really had no counters against druid's mana regen and the ability for druids to kite.

A druid in our server proved that it's only the druid that had to be good to hit 2k+ in s4 cause he was selling 2050 ratings for weapons for 6k gold on our server and took scrubs who couldn't get out of 1500 ratings to 2050 by carrying them. How his back must hurt..

Quote Originally Posted by Triplenick
    Are you really saying Rogues are fine? If we lost something while using our defensive CDs we would be one of the worst classes in the game, maybe even behind Shamans! Not to mention we use these CDs (in a BG) maybe once out of every 3-5 fights depending on how active you are. DKs are fine now since 3.1, they are pretty balanced from my perspective.
    you fail.

1. rogues have never been bad in pvp since the beginning of vanilla WoW. if you are performing badly on a rogue, it is YOU who sucks not the class.
    2. as of right now, rogues are the most overpowered class in 2v2 and still above average in 3v3. 5v5 is obsolete as nobody plays it.
    3. i do not care what you do or do not do in BG. this is the arena forum.
    4. even IF they made you "lose something" while using your defenses, you would still be doing quite fine. and even if you didn't, it would be only fair after four years of domination.

@topic:
    is the 1sec glyph even worth it any more? I'm kinda fond of glyph of execute and glyph of hamstring.