Skip Lava Lash for leveling?

I'm currently level 53.

I've had a lot of people on my realm tell me that lava lash is a waste of a good enhance rotation...quite honestly, I kill stuff so quickly I don't have enough time for a rotation unless soloing elites. When I'm in instances I heal.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Skip Lava Lash for leveling?

does it matter for real when its only +1 point? sorta wasted topic but yes - its important imo for leveling too

it's not wasted in a rotation... that's stupidity.

there are times when you can't hit 5 MSW lightning bolt, stormstrike or a shock, so you hit lava lash.

for leveling, it's probably not that needed. but you should practice your rotation anyway and mana shouldn't be an issue. i would take it.

Ok, so pick up lava lash....from what I've read, wf x 2 is still better than wf ft until well geared @ 80? Stay with WF x 2?

I've heard that WF FT is better than WF WF, but I can't remember if that was only at 80 or not... I would take it though, just so you can change things up a bit, or in case you need an extra move one tough mobs, or players.

WF FT ftw
    [center]Ultemicia - Warlock

All 10/25 Ulduar Content Cleared - Except Algaon. Working on hard modes!
    All 10/25 WotLK Content Cleared - Including Sartharion + 3 Drakes

Bloodscalp EU

Ultemicia - Lv80 Warlock
    Tungusic - L80 Restoration Shaman
    Ingafel - L75 Rogue (In progress)
    Ratenu - L70 Prot Warrior (In progress)

WF WF can do you until raiding. There is a point at around 65 (just a guess, can't remember the exact numbers atm) where WF FT puts out higher, but is by no means necessary for leveling.
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8752/caerelia.jpg
    (Sig too large, sorry!)

I'm currently level 55, and using Lava Lash in my "rotation".. can't be really called a rotation or queue since I don't have MW fully talented yet. Lava Lash is only usefull when you have the talent which converts a certain amount of attack power into spellpower.. and even then it's not _that good_. But heck.. it's only 1 point so why don't use it .

You won't 1shot mobs like that when you hit outland/northrend. I had some kara gear and the 2 valnyrs(?) fist weaps from badges, with dual mongoose. And I used laval lash a lot. Not that im saying i had great gear when i entered northrend, but better than what you get when you enter northrend with level gear. So yeah, you will use Lava lash.

And always wf/ft, get it in your head. Mh wf proq = more dmg, oh proq = less dmg. And there is a cd on. So rather get some fire dmg, and more lava lash dmg.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

I would advise until u get 5/5 elemental devestation that u go slow/slow WF/WF. It will be more damage. That said lava lash is a really good ability especilly if u have a slow offhand, even without FT. It doesnt reset ur swing timer cause its instant and it helps procs MSW charges

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan
    And always wf/ft, get it in your head. Mh wf proq = more dmg, oh proq = less dmg. And there is a cd on. So rather get some fire dmg, and more lava lash dmg.
    Sorry this is PLAIN WRONG for levelling.

FT only overtakes WF when you have around 1000 spellpower (with talents) that's around 3,300 AP. Whilst leveling and newly 80 this is often not the case and so dual WF is far better. Once raiding its easy to exceed 3300 AP and thus FT becomes far better.

It was simmed to death as people did the first couple of weeks in Naxx and that was the information gathered at the time, I see no reason it wouldn't still hold true.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    FT only overtakes WF when you have around 1000 spellpower (with talents) that's around 3,300 AP.
    Oh, didn't know that thanks for clearing that up! I'll definetly use WF/WF