Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Look what QQ caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Drawme
    Why is this even a pure vs hybrid argument? Cat dps can beat rogue dps... these are two classes which should excel under the same circumstances. Unless you're advancing some weird argument that hybrids should do better dps than pure dpsers, that's just wrong.
    Good rogues can outdps cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboi
    Good rogues can outdps cat.
    Building on this, let's shrink the pure vs hybrid discussion to ONLY cat vs rogue. There's a couple statements, and some of them are right, and some of them are wrong.

1) a GOOD rogue should beat a GOOD cat in dps given a melee friendly fight (true)
    2) a BAD rogue should beat a GOOD druid in dps (false)
    3) a GOOD rogue and GOOD cat druid should beat a GOOD hunter on a melee friendly fight (true)

1 and 3 are fine. The problem is that 99% of people whining about pures and hybrids are #2. They're BAD players (or quadreplegics) who think they should outdps hybrids by tongueing the keyboard.

Now, show me a parse of a GOOD rogue getting his ass handed to him by a GOOD cat, and I'll agree with nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by baseball
    Now, show me a parse of a GOOD rogue getting his ass handed to him by a GOOD cat, and I'll agree with nerfs.
    ^This i agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by baseball
    Building on this, let's shrink the pure vs hybrid discussion to ONLY cat vs rogue. There's a couple statements, and some of them are right, and some of them are wrong.

1) a GOOD rogue should beat a GOOD cat in dps given a melee friendly fight (true)
    2) a BAD rogue should beat a GOOD druid in dps (false)
    3) a GOOD rogue and GOOD cat druid should beat a GOOD hunter on a melee friendly fight (true)

1 and 3 are fine. The problem is that 99% of people whining about pures and hybrids are #2. They're BAD players (or quadreplegics) who think they should outdps hybrids by tongueing the keyboard.

This^

I would argue one little tiny bit and that would be, Cat dps with its more complex rotation should very margianly be under a rogue doinging it perfect more like 2.5% than 5% but this would be asking a hell of a lot from the gmae designers

Any good feral dps knows our dps is a little high atm. That being said I'd be surprised if our dps gets nerfed more than 2-3%. I doubt it will be worth crying about. Possibly change savage roar glyph to 1-2% dmg with a longer duration? Who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Cåt
    Any good feral dps knows our dps is a little high atm. That being said I'd be surprised if our dps gets nerfed more than 2-3%. I doubt it will be worth crying about. Possibly change savage roar glyph to 1-2% dmg with a longer duration? Who knows
    No.

What units are used for measuring skill?

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    how much facial hair they can grow.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    (DPS * Tankability * HPS * W)  / (MMO postcount )  = skill,  where W is 1337 Days / getting laid  (the international wow constant)

note: this will not hold up to scrutiny

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FieldEffect
    (DPS * Tankability * HPS * W) / (MMO postcount ) = skill, where W is 1337 Days / getting laid (the international wow constant)

note: this will not hold up to scrutiny
    W = 0 for 80% of the wow population so the answer is 0. From this we can conclude that 80% of people on wow have 0 skill. i like this maths

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboi
    We don't often see cats beating rogues.
    He said it himself... We are behind rogues the class that is closest to our own. On ideal fights rogues usually > feral druids. On non-ideal fights rogues >> feral druids. Rogues have easier management for rotations, easier ability to switch targets, and arn't shitted on by facing requirements. If feral druids are doing too much dps, so too are rogues.

Feral dps has nothing wrong with it atm. We shine on a few fights in Ulduar ture, but wait till a rogue gets his hands on 4 bits of Tier 8.5 and gets his bleed to crit, then you will see some damage, and hey... it's nothing wrong with it, they don't bring buffs to the raid, they don't rez ppl in combat, they can't innervate someone else etc. They have only their dps and it's only normal they will be at the top of the meters. We will still be in the top5 on most fights, and for me that means a lot of good contribution to the raid, and seeing as we bring a lot in a fight like abbilites listed above, ferals will always be a desired class to have in a roster, be it bear or kitty.

There are rogues complaining ferals doo to much damage, or other classes... thouse are just ppl that have no ideea how to play their classs and Blizz already said they don't plan a nerf for us yet. We will see what the future brings ofc.
    /hug

Quote Originally Posted by pepizaraus
    .... seems like you just became one of them.
    haha ;D
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    @OP:
    Yo dawg, i heard you like QQ in your QQ so we put QQ in your QQ so you can QQ about QQ while you QQ your QQ.
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have a Winrar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted

i used to out dps most of my raid as a moonkin in naxx.
    now i out dps all of them as a kitty.
    the irony is "moonkin might be a bit too low" so they are getting buffed.
    so if i switched back to moonkin i'd rock the meters again >.<

Quote Originally Posted by pepizaraus
    .... seems like you just became one of them.
    Win! ;D
    "If the Burning Legion is such a problem why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a legion."

Quote Originally Posted by Cantthink

This^

I would argue one little tiny bit and that would be, Cat dps with its more complex rotation should very margianly be under a rogue doinging it perfect more like 2.5% than 5% but this would be asking a hell of a lot from the gmae designers
    <Ramble on>
    While I would agree that harder specs deserve more dps, I would also say that harder specs should always be purists. IE, I think they need to make feral easier, though I'm sure that chafes for those of you who are skilled ferals and loving getting compensated.

It just sort of irks me intrinsically, regarding raid composition, that if you could track down enough excellent ferals, you could sorta replace all your melee dps except what's needed for raid buffs, and not lose anything dramatic. And, in doing so, gain off-spec tanks, healers, and nukers.

IE, affi was this hard before. Feral now and affi then had a lot of similarities, and brought pretty heavy dps when played by an excellent player. However, leaving a spec difficult so it can bridge the hybrid-pure gap seems weird.

I really just don't think there should be particularly 'hard' non-purist specs. I generally agree that if you have two excellent players playing similar roles (say, melee dps, or nuking) in similar gear, they should do similar damage. (Standard hybrid vs. pure caveat notwithstanding) If you give some hardmode spec to one class but not another.. How can you really say "Well, my spec is harder so I should do more."

Who can claim the person with the easier spec couldn't trivially handle the harder spec? That seems really weird.

Ultimately, if you add in dpsers who get to excel significantly based on being difficult rotations, it's sort of like an entirely separate category. IE, do you have hybrid < purist < hardmode specs?

As an alternative example, suppose they took boomkin and made it harder. Old affi hard. If some skilled boomkin could then outdps my warlock, how am I supposed to interpret that? Warlocks don't have any complicated specs right now.. Neither do hunters, rogues, or mages really.. Nothing significantly outside the norm. I can't just switch specs and challenge myself further; I would have to reroll entirely, and hope nothing changed.
    <Ramble off>

tl;dr: If kitty dps being high is justified by it being hard, then kitty rotation needs to be made easier, so dps can be brought in line. (IF, big IF, it is out of line. Personally haven't seen any cats dominating, but that might just be luck of the draw)

QQQQR!
    QQQA
    QQO
    QM
    “The shadows will hide me until my true power is recognized.”
    RP Character -- Niklaus "Nick" Giorgiovo (My First)

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    @OP:
    Yo dawg, i heard you like QQ in your QQ so we put QQ in your QQ so you can QQ about QQ while you QQ your QQ.
    That is some win right there
    “The shadows will hide me until my true power is recognized.”
    RP Character -- Niklaus "Nick" Giorgiovo (My First)