Soloing Vanilla - Paladin

Ive tried searching around a bit, but is there anyone out there who could tell me if you can solo pre-BC raid bosses as a pally. I know you can do Ony as prot but how many ppl does it take to take down some of the bosses in BWl, for Tier 2?

Also, is it best to attempt these as prot or ret? And finally, how goes it trying to solo zg bosses for the mounts as ret?

Regards

Vice

Re: Soloing Vanilla - Paladin

for pally solo do prot
    i was able to solo some of instance in shattered sun*not the raid*
    in my crappy prot gear
    *i didnt even reach def cap that crappy*
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true

unfortunatly for soloing bosses in BWL at least the first 2 bosses its not possible due to the basic mechanics of the fight:
    For Razorgore you will need at least 2 people 1 to kill the adds 1 to control the big dragon himself.
    For Vael i imagine you would still need a fair number of people as the burning adrenaline will still kill you no matter what your health is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice
    Ive tried searching around a bit, but is there anyone out there who could tell me if you can solo pre-BC raid bosses as a pally. I know you can do Ony as prot but how many ppl does it take to take down some of the bosses in BWl, for Tier 2?

Also, is it best to attempt these as prot or ret? And finally, how goes it trying to solo zg bosses for the mounts as ret?

Regards

Vice
    Soloing as prot is the way to go unless its a caster boss/pack of mobs. I say this while still having the mentality that prot pallys aren't as good against casters but I do understand the changes with Avenger's Shield(silence). ZG raptor boss should be done as prot, but Tiger boss will take you quite a while as prot cuz those bitches heal like crazy.

To the above poster, Magister's Terrace is such a joke solo as ret. I did 5 runs through there the other day while farming up the phoenix hatchling. The only semi-sketchy fight is the second boss. I just ignore the adds and blow him up.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Ony - you can do as ret
    MC -First couple of bosses as prot
    ZG - should be able to solo the raptor boss, but not tiger (as for mounts) bcs you have to continuously interrupt the heals, which pallys can only do once every CD
    BWL - cant do Razorgore as you need at least 2, one controlz razargore while he breaks the eggs, while the other kills the adds, not to mention Vael
    AQ20 - should be able to do as prot most of it
    AQ40 - Heard DKs tanks doing it, idk about pallys

thanks for the quick response, so im assuming that with a full party you can do everything in BWL. Also can you solo ony as ret? And also, how many ppl would you need to take down Rag? sry for quizzing you so hard :P Thanks
    Vice

As Ret in Naxx25 / PVP gear, I can solo:

Onyxia
    All ZG bosses
    All AQ20 bosses except Buru and Ayamiss
    All MC bosses except Gehennas, Golemagg, Majordomo Executus, and Ragnaros
    - Gehennas casts a curse which must be removed by a druid
    - Golemagg hits Ret too hard and have a stacking debuff which is difficult to heal through
    - Majordomo could probably be solo'd, but would be tough
    - Rag is do-able solo i think, but my druid was already with me

I have a great time soloing that old content, and I'm looking for more. I tried the first boss in AQ40, but wiped as soon as he spawned adds.

Any other suggestions? I know there's some "world" dragons that I could try, but don't want to have to camp their spawn point, since I know alot of other people are doing that as well.

unfortunatly for killing vael with only 5 people each person would need to do 11000dps to kill him in the 45 secs before he burning adrenalines the MT. So no not really possible

My favourite way to solo so far has been, Protection Gear; Retribution spec.
    I have really nice prot gear, I only use sword n' board on specific bosses on different phases(enrages n' such) and I have easily done the first few bosses in:
    AQ20, ZG (Hakkar is easy to solo as long as you sustain 2300+ dps), Onyxia, the majority of kara, and all pre-wrath heroics so far.

The other posts regarding BWL were dead on, simply can't be done solo due to mechanics.

As ret I have solo'd AQ20, UBRS, Most of MC including Rag(god damn healers), Most of ZG(bat priest sucks), up to curator in Kara(got bored after that), Onyxia, Nefarian(raid quit due to some loot issues), some AQ40, and all lvl 70 heroics. Thats all I can rember :P
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag