15+ Year Old Account

Elemental shamans in pvp - questions & ideas!

Hello, I got a few question regarding elemental shamans also some ideas I'd like to share and see what ya thinkin.

Whats the "best" or "cookie-cutter" build for pvp out there as an ele shaman?
    And what Glyphs do you consider a MUST?
    --

Over to my ideas to fix elemental shamans in pvp and maybe help resto/ench out a bit too:

First make "Hex" an instant cast, since really it is lacking a lot.

-Edit: had another idea: What about changing mana shield OR Earth shield into a new type of buff, so it can be used while other shield(s) are active. This will be a much needed buff to both mana regen and survival for resto shamans in case they get focused.

- Make the Stoneclaw totem add the shield w/o the needed glyph, and if glyphed it will now also add the same shield to everyone in your party and heal you when used for the amount it absorbs.
    Edit: Make the stoneclaw totem give the absord shield without the glyph. This is something they should have thought of right away to be F@ honest.
    And change the stoneclaw glyph into:
    Your Stoneclaw Totem now also places a damage absorb shield on everyone within 20 yards, and increases the amount absorded (or how you write it) by 50%. (making it 6.6k shield instead of 4.4k~)

- Thunderstorm glyph should reduce the CD on thunderstorm by 15 seconds. (Got enough odd cds around tbh , also this will make it more usefull and or interesting)
    - Thunderstorm should daze enemies for 3 seconds too, considering the effect works 50/50 really.
    - Ghostwolf should have a second effect, that makes it reduce all damage taken while in ghostwolf form by an additional 15%.
    - More coming, tho these are some pretty nice and not "game breaking" but rather much needed buffs for all shamans.

Best regards Roar
    Once you go troll, you'll never reroll.
    To bad I'm an undead! ~ Tøffelladden

Re: Elemental shamans in pvp - questions & ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Roar
    - Elemental Mastery glyph should reduce the CD on elemental mastery by 15 seconds.
    The glyph reduce the CD by 30sec
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41552
    Why would you want to nerf it?

- Elemental Mastery should daze enemies for 3 seconds too, considering the effect works 50/50 really
    Did you mean Thunderstorm?
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

15+ Year Old Account

Ofc, I ment.. Thunderstorm, wasn't thinking clearly.

15 sec instead of 10 on the Thunderstorm glyph ofc.
    --

Any idea what's the current Cokie-cutter ele pvp specc/glyphs btw?

Here's my current PvP Elemental Build.

So far I've got great survivability in BG's but I haven't tested in arean yet.

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

First make "Hex" an instant cast, since really it is lacking a lot.
    Yeah sure why not.

- Make the Stoneclaw totem add the shield w/o the needed glyph, and if glyphed it will now also add the same shield to everyone in your party and heal you when used for the amount it absorbs.
    Doesn't seem very well thought through nor balanced. It would give resto a lift tho.

- Thunderstorm should daze enemies for 3 seconds
    Agreed.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    Yeah sure why not.

Doesn't seem very well thought through nor balanced. It would give resto a lift tho.

Agreed.
    --
    Added some changes to the idea about the stoneclaw totem, etc. And an idea about having mana shield or earth shield as a new type of buff so it can stack with the other shields ...