Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I just don't get blood...

I've been unholy 0/10/61 for quite some time, and been topping the charts rather easily. Usually around 5.5k in most of the 25 man ulduar fights. I see a lot of DKs who have T8 using blood, and since reading up on the blood spec i've started picking up ArP pieces as often as I can. When I try out the 51/0/20 spec I don't pull off nearly the same numbers on the dummy. I realize the dummy is a bad test but I dont want to gimp my DPS in a raid setting.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...n=Time+for+Fun

I have the sigil off XT that increases the dmg done by DC but i do not have it equipped as I am still unholy. Do I need more ArP before I'll start seeing better numbers then unholy? What am i missing?

Deleted

Re: I just don't get blood...

You were right in saying the dmg you are seeing on the dummy doesnt reflect what can be done in a fully buffed/potted raid encounter.

On the dummy with my current blood spec i can pull only around 3.5k, but in a 25 man raid environment i am pulling around 5-6k single target without using any T8 and only a few drops from Ulduar. You wont be able to see how much dmg is possible until you get into a raiding environment.

The problems are debuffs, when testing yourself, well as unholy you provide the sole debuff you require for raids. As blood, you lose out on sunder armor. Not to mention the high amounts of armor the dummy already has.

Raid dps != dummy dps

If your Guild doesn't mind I think it would be worth you giving Blood a go on an Encounter like Ignis or something like that, as long as it's on farm .

bainz speaks the truth!
    but you have duel-spec.take unholy as your main and the other dps spec as the offspec and try it.if it fails go back to unholy.if your happy you havent lost anythin
    win/win erm FTW :P

You don't get blood? How do you stay alive?

I call cyborg

blood DK is like an arms warrior with a fresh coat of paint, hows that?
    all hail king frost strike

Blood is awesome, simple as that.
    Make sure to check out this thread made just for you before you make new topics.

Death Knight Guide/Q&A

If you know something which you think should be in the guide, then just let me know and i'll add it!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998030
    blood is not as arms!

arms like to hurt others

blood lkike to hurt others and themself.

arms do bleed dps.

blood do spamm heart strike, easyest rotation there is
    mmm tell me what class/spec have hard rotation ? As blood i use like 7+ skills in noraml rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Niltag
    mmm tell me what class/spec have hard rotation ?
    DPS Kitty has. nuff' said.

Blood dps is great and rotation is easy for ok dps i gets a little more complicated if you put up great numbers which is why you cant get good numbers from it. Unholy dps is nice and rotation is /yawn but it is getting toned down soon aoe is too strong according to blizzard.I think unholy is great as is blood i have them both for my dual spec. but i'm still 17/0/54 unholy and get alot more dmg than 0/10/61 but at the end of the day for single targets i prefer blood i grind unholy for trash or when i feel like change.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

good point.

kat has hard dps rotation, anything else is.... moderate at most
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by 1998030
    blood is not as arms!

arms like to hurt others

blood lkike to hurt others and themself.

arms do bleed dps.

blood do spamm heart strike, easyest rotation there is
    This makes my head hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Anononon
    This makes my head hurt.
    mongo smash!
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

With gathering a rather lovely stash of ArP gear on my DK I've been outperforming our Unholy DK or we've been pretty much equal in a lot of fights. (He has the edge on some add fights. He also has sick ms. 40. -.- wtb. I'm always running at 220ish and about 6fps. I'd love to see how I could perform with a better rig tbh) It's usually me, him and a rogue in the top 3. Blood is really lovely dps and I enjoy it a lot. Heart Strikes are so much love, especially now it cleaves. You can rip through the likes of the Razorscale and Thorim adds etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Azers

total dps really depends on trash and adds tho, dks do alot of dmg to non primary targets, but for 1v1 scenarios, blood comes out on top.
    Unholy, 0-10-61, has been proven to be the best dps spec. So you're a little bit off with your statement.

*Assuming the best gear possible for all specs*
    Make sure to check out this thread made just for you before you make new topics.

Death Knight Guide/Q&A

If you know something which you think should be in the guide, then just let me know and i'll add it!

Quote Originally Posted by MooDK
    Unholy, 0-10-61, has been proven to be the best dps spec. So you're a little bit off with your statement.

*Assuming the best gear possible for all specs*
    Here we go again...

Proof please?

bladed armor doesnt improve much so 0/10/61 is best spec

but i prefer
    17/51/3

Quote Originally Posted by Azers

/yawn

10/10/51 would be better. getting 5/5 bladed armor and impurity would boost the benefit of your spells even more as well as regular attacks.
    You miss way too many good talents with a spec like that
    0/10/61 is the best ONCE YOU HAVE THE GEAR before that Bladed armor is better

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    0/10/61 is the best ONCE YOU HAVE THE GEAR before that Bladed armor is better