Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how to deal with retri palas?

/topic

seriously, i've been doing some games in arena, and every single retri pala downs me in 3secs, even with 600 resilience.

can anyone share his/her tactic?

Re: how to deal with retri palas?

been a while since i pvp'd on my war but i did find paladins are very predictable when they are going to use that 8 day over the shoulder stun. just reflect it back at em and disarm em as it wears off , silence em as that wears off. then use stuns. but i was prot and no idea what spec you are

arms atm, thing is with prot u have stuns and silence with arms u dont

15+ Year Old Account

Warriors is usually not a problem for ret paladins, but when a warrior disarms me in the start I lose some dmg (DS, CS) and the warrior can use Hamstering and get away and buy himself some sec before charging in again.

I'm no expert on warriors, but I know there are some badass-warriors out there who can beat me, I have no idea what they are doing, but they truly have skills.

You have to play smart, pop all you got at start, charge ms and bladestorm, disarm after this. then pop up shield+reflect when he's going to HoJ you, you can either trinket it. Btw who's your partner? if it's a priest tell him to dispell at start: might, sacred shield, ecc... this will lower his damage and force him to an early bubble due to the massive amount of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    sugoi monogatari, onii-chan!~

Btw who's your partner?
    holy pala

Quote Originally Posted by Cadras
    Warriors is usually not a problem for ret paladins, but when a warrior disarms me in the start I lose some dmg (DS, CS) and the warrior can use Hamstering and get away and buy himself some sec before charging in again.

I'm no expert on warriors, but I know there are some badass-warriors out there who can beat me, I have no idea what they are doing, but they truly have skills.
    I take it Blessing of Freedom isn't on your bar, and you haven't specced into your run speed talent.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Cadras

I don't find warriors running away from you once they've disarmed you to be very smart. It's probably the time you run away from him, and as someone said - what happened to Blessing of Freedom?

Someone's mentioned paladins are very predictable. I find it to be other way around. Those who aren't and who are skilled, usually take me down.

Deleted

Burst him down. They take an awful lot of damage.

Have your holy pala partner free you from Hammer of Justice with Freedom and dispel Repentance if it's on you, do not let yourself get killed when your partner is under Repentance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf
    Burst him down. They take an awful lot of damage.

Have your holy pala partner free you from Hammer of Justice with Freedom and dispel Repentance if it's on you, do not let yourself get killed when your partner is under Repentance.

first of all...mostly its better to hoj the healer
    2nd...that pala needs to be hybrid to remove stun with freedom
    3rd...why would u waste freedom when hoj can be cleansed/dispelled..

real problem is if we get a rogue/retri pala then healer cant do much, thats why i asked for more like "1v1" situations

Quote Originally Posted by povke88
    real problem is if we get a rogue/retri pala then healer cant do much, thats why i asked for more like "1v1" situations
    I honestly find ret/anything to be a free win in 2's as arms.

Edit: with a druid partner.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Quote Originally Posted by jneboon

first of all...mostly its better to hoj the healer
    2nd...that pala needs to be hybrid to remove stun with freedom
    3rd...why would u waste freedom when hoj can be cleansed/dispelled..
    2: all good h pallies are really hybrids..
    3: because often there are multiple magics on someone and ret pallies have no snare needed to be removed by freedom.

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

Quote Originally Posted by Vander Nars
    Very possible that freedom is on cd? Or he feared him while his bubble and tricket are down.
    Now your just arguing to argue. For crying out loud BoF is such a hard counter to the example he gave its stupid funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    I take it Blessing of Freedom isn't on your bar, and you haven't specced into your run speed talent.
    yeah thats 8% run speed is totally like rogue sprinting after you eh. And you cant use freedom against a warrior/paladin team unless its to get yourself out of his hammer. Also you can shield slam all this shit off then sit on him, then play defensive a bit, burst a bit etc. Good warrior fuck me up. just dont stand there and get your ass kicked, hamstring and backup, charge go around a corner, charge etc etc.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

I'm not saying I don't just freaking wreck ret paladins like nobodies business with a healer as a partner...I'm just saying any freaking noob paladin is gonna freedom if hes going toe to toe with a warrior and the warrior tries to gain a little distance using hamstring.

Can't believe your arguing this, its freaking retarded.

HEY LOOK I'M MOVING AT 50% SPEED AND I NEED TO CATCH UP TO THE WARRIOR, WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I DO...oh ya...BoF and RUN FASTER THAN HIM CAUSE I HAVE A TALENT THAT DOES THAT.

.......and the warriors gonna slap on a shield and come back to you to dispell it when he was trying to gain distance on you to charge. Ya...nice one there Mr. Hawkins.

See, this is what I hate about ret paladins...95% of them argue just to freaking argue for buffs and nerfs to me. Especially when its a shitbrained arguement to begin with. So freaking defensive.

15+ Year Old Account

No need to be arrogant mate, I do use BoF, but it takes one sec or two to push the button, as well as I may have GCD from previous spells. And if you read what I said, that would give the warrior time to get away and charge in again.

No need to be arrogant mate, I do use BoF, but it takes one sec or two to push the button, as well as I may have GCD from previous spells. And if you read what I said, that would give the warrior time to get away and charge in again.
    thats what keybinds are for :

I'm not saying I don't just freaking wreck ret paladins like nobodies business with a healer as a partner...I'm just saying any freaking noob paladin is gonna freedom if hes going toe to toe with a warrior and the warrior tries to gain a little distance using hamstring.

Can't believe your arguing this, its freaking retarded.

HEY LOOK I'M MOVING AT 50% SPEED AND I NEED TO CATCH UP TO THE WARRIOR, WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I DO...oh ya...BoF and RUN FASTER THAN HIM CAUSE I HAVE A TALENT THAT DOES THAT.

.......and the warriors gonna slap on a shield and come back to you to dispell it when he was trying to gain distance on you to charge. Ya...nice one there Mr. Hawkins.

See, this is what I hate about ret paladins...95% of them argue just to freaking argue for buffs and nerfs to me. Especially when its a shitbrained arguement to begin with. So freaking defensive.
    i look for a pillar when the warrior goes to charge, if im already hamstrung theres nothing i can do, hes only gotta get like 8 yards away, thats nothin. instead i save it for when he DOES charge and i clear that stun or wait for the pally to stun me. It seems like youre the one getting defensive, you dont really see any caps in my post. I really dont see where I said anything about needing buffs or nerfs, youre just pulling shit out of your ass I guess.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

no.. actually he's right, Varaben. it's a pretty retarded argument.