BoH -> Furious t1 worth it?

Im talking for pvp here is it really a big jump from Betrayer to furious t1 (1850 weapon)?

Does anyone know around howmuch more dmg is it? Lets say I Crit for 3k with MS on a good pvp shammy, how high would that crit be with Furious t1 axe? Has anyone done the math already?
    Death Kningts are like tampons every pussy needs one.

Re: BoH -> Furious t1 worth it?

On a geared resto shaman you'd be gaining like ~50 dmg hit / 75 dmg crit using MS.

Furious is only 6 item levels higher, but it has more stamina and resilience = it has less dps stats than betrayer. Your auto attack dmg will not increase with furious, only instant attacks will be increased due to higher base dmg. Betrayer has more crit, more attack attack power, more haste. Furious does have 2 sockets, but if you had gemmed to try and replace the missing crit attack power and haste.. you couldn't with only 2 sockets.

It's a minor dps increase, but a huge survival increase.

You must be joking....

Furious tier 1 weapon is 100% better than BoH in every signle aspect.A 100 more base damage,10 more dps, 2 sockets,crit and resil.If you think that increasing your weapon's base damage and increasing your weapon's dps damage is a MINOR buff,you must be some kind of idiot.Try equiping Titansteel destroyer and then equip BoH.Such a small difference heh ..

Quote Originally Posted by Unbreacable
    You must be joking....

Furious tier 1 weapon is 100% better than BoH in every signle aspect.A 100 more base damage,10 more dps, 2 sockets,crit and resil.If you think that increasing your weapon's base damage and increasing your weapon's dps damage is a MINOR buff,you must be some kind of idiot.Try equiping Titansteel destroyer and then equip BoH.Such a small difference heh ..
    Learn math

Furious is .2 sec slower, of course it's going to have higher base dmg. It also has less crit, AP, haste hence less dmg as well.

Nice comparison retard, item 200 PvE vs item 226 PvE. Ya i wonder which will win.

You realize BoH is 226 PvE and furious is 232 PvP? You think all that extra stamina and resilience doesn't cost item points? It costs more than 6 item levels that's for sure.

So what if it gives a bit of extra resillience and stamina.Stamina is good for pve,so you can survive some boss aoe.Resillience is useless in pve.And what if weapon is slower than BoH?!It means that it will attack less,but do more damage.BoH compared to Furious gives a bit more ap,but furious has to sockets,which means more ap.Betrayer has more crit.. well you can crit from everywhere,also crit has diminishing returns.BoH is faster than furious,but than means that it will hit for less damage.BoH has some haste,but haste isn't that useful in pve to most melee's now.On the other hand Furious has ONLY 10 higher dps and 100 MORE base damage.Please learn your facts and come back.When a two-hander drops you don't compare item level,you compare DPS and BASE DAMAGE. :

Slower weap means more damage with your weapon damage +X or xX attacks

That would be Overpower,Mortal Strike and many others...

Quote Originally Posted by Craz
    Learn math

Furious is .2 sec slower, of course it's going to have higher base dmg. It also has less crit, AP, haste hence less dmg as well.

Nice comparison retard, item 200 PvE vs item 226 PvE. Ya i wonder which will win.

You realize BoH is 226 PvE and furious is 232 PvP? You think all that extra stamina and resilience doesn't cost item points? It costs more than 6 item levels that's for sure.
    Actually... it costs 6 ilvls... Blues have said that PVP gear should be equivelant to 1 tier lower PVE equivelants for PVE purposes.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

If you're sitting at 2600 arena rating - then no wait on your t2. If 2350 is probably out of your reach? Get it no questions asked pve or pvp. Yes - some points are going to resilience and stamina but it's still a PvE upgrade. In fact the t2 version of this weapon (axe) is the best in slot weapon beating out hard mode 239s. I upgraded from the BoH to the t1 axe and I can feel the difference. Slower is always better for all of your attacks plus the extra 10dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarock
    If you're sitting at 2600 arena rating - then no wait on your t2. If 2350 is probably out of your reach? Get it no questions asked pve or pvp. Yes - some points are going to resilience and stamina but it's still a PvE upgrade. In fact the t2 version of this weapon (axe) is the best in slot weapon beating out hard mode 239s. I upgraded from the BoH to the t1 axe and I can feel the difference. Slower is always better for all of your attacks plus the extra 10dps.
    This

So what if it gives a bit of extra resillience and stamina.Stamina is good for pve,so you can survive some boss aoe.Resillience is useless in pve.And what if weapon is slower than BoH?!It means that it will attack less,but do more damage.BoH compared to Furious gives a bit more ap,but furious has to sockets,which means more ap.Betrayer has more crit.. well you can crit from everywhere,also crit has diminishing returns.BoH is faster than furious,but than means that it will hit for less damage.BoH has some haste,but haste isn't that useful in pve to most melee's now.On the other hand Furious has ONLY 10 higher dps and 100 MORE base damage.Please learn your facts and come back.When a two-hander drops you don't compare item level,you compare DPS and BASE DAMAGE. :
    There is no diminishing returns on crit.

LOLOLOL so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Yarock
    Slower is always better for all of your attacks plus the extra 10dps.
    It's not *extra* 10 dps. Because you lose crit and haste. Haste does increase auto attack dmg, it does increase sudden death procs. Haste isn't greatest stat but yes it does increase dps.

BoH vs furious = ~same auto attack dmg. Furious does more dmg via instant attacks. I've already said this. That's why I said in my first post its a minor dps increase. And huge survival increase.

I would just like to add that +1 DPS on a weapon is worth 14AP.

So when you say ONLY 10 DPS, that is actually worth 140AP.

Example.

222DPS + 140 AP = 232DPS

Talking about weapon BASE DPS.

Not going to talk about rest of the stats & speed, just wanted to point this out cause no one mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renjarus
    I would just like to add that +1 DPS on a weapon is worth 14AP.

So when you say ONLY 10 DPS, that is actually worth 140AP.

Example.

222DPS + 140 AP = 232DPS

Talking about weapon BASE DPS.

Not going to talk about rest of the stats & speed, just wanted to point this out cause no one mentioned it.
    While true when using 1 weapon.

Attack power is way better when dual wielding, as it increases main and offhand dmg. Also attack power increases ranged as well as melee dmg. Hence why you want really good stats on an offhand weapon, and not just a high dmg weapon with no stats on it.

Example 140 attack power on offhand weapon will give 10 dps to main hand and 6.25 dps to offhand for warrior. Or 10 dps main hand + 7.5 dps offhand to rogue with dw spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Craz
    There is no diminishing returns on crit.

LOLOLOL so bad
    yes there is, just not in the way you're thinking

LOLOLOL so bad. see what i did there?

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

15+ Year Old Account

also crit has diminishing returns.
    LOL WHUT?!

*back to topic*
    lv232 > 226 always...
    Furious T1 more weapon dps = higher special attack
    + its slower, then more damage per hit
    + it got socket!
    + stam and resi (if you havent seen it its high!)
    - the haste from the BoH (warrior werent crying about how haste suck?)
    - lose a bit of crit
    - 4 ap (-16+12ap from the socket bonus)

p.s look like a great Dk tanking weapon with that much stam and resi (yes you can use resi to get uncritable, at least you could.. havent tanked with anything in age)

and back to the other guy... LOL WHUT?!

Thx for your help guys!

I just got the weapon few hours ago and I must say its a very nice dmg boost, I really love it so far, way bettrer than BoH. To bad im whole 200 rating away from T2 can't even imagine how powerful that one is if t1 is so much better than BoH....
    Death Kningts are like tampons every pussy needs one.

Good to hear it's a nice upgrade.

The big thing to remember is just how much arms scales with weapon speed. Considering pretty much all your attacks scale off of weapon damage the slower the better. Mortal Strike, overpower, slam...all of these really benefit from a slower weapon. That's why a higher top end damage is such a big deal for arms, because you're honestly hitting with instants/slams more than you are white hits (or close to it).

WTB 4.0 weapon But noooo sez Blizzard - can't haz 7K non-normalized crits

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    WTB 4.0 weapon But noooo sez Blizzard - can't haz 7K non-normalized crits
    Yeah it sucks having all this 3.4 speed weapon bullshit in raids. I'd even be happy with 3.8 weapons, to be honest (like in TBC). Hell I was amazed enough that the pvp 2H's were 3.6.