Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mage´s damage in Ulduar

Hi!

I´m not making this topic for trolling or anything. I just want to know how much damage your mage´s are doing in Ulduar right now?

Last night we cleared up to Kologran and we had 5 mage´s in the raid. I was more or less shocked to see how bad damage they put out in raid right now. They had all buffs but ebonplauge and they all was at the bottom in damage done. Should it be this way? All of them have 213-items or better.

Top 5 in our raid was DK, Druid(Cat), Rogue, Warrior, Shaman(enhancement). They did close to 4.600dps each on the run. Mage´s did around 3100-3500dps. Our DK almost doubled damage against our worst mage.

So the question is: Should we ask more of our Mage´s?

Deleted

Re: Mage´s damage in Ulduar

yes
    sounds like you mages are doing something wrong, they should be doing alot better dmg then what you describe

Link a parse or this thread will be highly unproductive.

15+ Year Old Account

There are a ton of factors that can make/break dps. A shaman/boomkin in the mage group can add a ton of dps. Melee will always be on top though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanoj
    Hi!

I´m not making this topic for trolling or anything. I just want to know how much damage your mage´s are doing in Ulduar right now?

Last night we cleared up to Kologran and we had 5 mage´s in the raid. I was more or less shocked to see how bad damage they put out in raid right now. They had all buffs but ebonplauge and they all was at the bottom in damage done. Should it be this way? All of them have 213-items or better.

Top 5 in our raid was DK, Druid(Cat), Rogue, Warrior, Shaman(enhancement). They did close to 4.600dps each on the run. Mage´s did around 3100-3500dps. Our DK almost doubled damage against our worst mage.

So the question is: Should we ask more of our Mage´s?

Sounds like your mages are not hitting their rotation correctly or they don't have talents properly distributed. Using my Arcane PvE spec, I am breaking 5.4K DPS in Ulduar on a consistant basis. Feel free to Armory me, I'm sure I can't be geared much more than they are...

Our mages often top tbh, ending up with +6K dps..

First of all every1 knows most ulduar fights are melee friendly ,now about your mages, hope they are fire/ttw or at least frostfire, arcane cant do much in ulduar with all this aoe and the duration of the fights , Im still in top5 of the meters as a 18/53 mage usually beaten by a rogue or a dk who are equally geared with me..so YES u should ask more of your mages we are still the best casters out there

No mage should be at the bottom of recount, they need to be at hitcap(consider FFB with Elemental Precision), need good equipment or they just need to l2p. :-\

ROFL on being melee friendly fights in ulduar...

...Kologarn is a bad example since a few classes get free damage from AOE against his three body parts. (Ret, certain DKs, etc.)

Most of the fights in Ulduar require melee to be on their toes to avoid abilities and to run out of some insta-gib (Mimiron, Iron Council, etc.) even on fights where casters have to move (Vezax) they are given a buff to compensate and still top the meters. :P

Melee (especially rogues) have the ability to top meters but against a geared similarly skilled caster they will lose in alot of fights.

Your mages are doing something wrong; simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by kinky31
    now about your mages, hope they are fire/ttw or at least frostfire, arcane cant do much in ulduar with all this aoe and the duration of the fights
    ppl like you make me laugh.

also, to the op:
    you have an enhancement shaman, so tell your dk to go unholy. it'll help out your casters immensely.

Deleted

The +13% spelldmg debuff is pretty much the most important raid buff/debuff for a mage, adding about 600-700 dps. You should really try to provide that for your caster

Okay.... wtf? Ulduar is not melee friendly. Its extremely range friendly. Our mages are toping the DPS meter, surpassing me (ret pally) easily even when we have a relatively close DPS in, say, Naxx or Sarth.

With a few exception fights in Ulduar, if your Mages don't top meter with similar gear in Ulduar, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by SFJake
    Okay.... wtf? Ulduar is not melee friendly. Its extremely range friendly. Our mages are toping the DPS meter, surpassing me (ret pally) easily even when we have a relatively close DPS in, say, Naxx or Sarth.

With a few exception fights in Ulduar, if your Mages don't top meter with similar gear in Ulduar, they suck.
    WTH? ulduar is very melee friendly. and if the melee in your raid isnt topping the charts your melee sucks.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

15+ Year Old Account

lol wait till they get 4 piece t8 there gonna blow you out of the water, that shits op
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by Tromok
    No mage should be at the bottom of recount, they need to be at hitcap(consider FFB with Elemental Precision), need good equipment or they just need to l2p. :-\

I have said it once, I will say it a thousand times, in Ulduar in a perfect situation assuming all your guild is pro mages will not be anywhere near the top of any meter. Feral druids, locks, rogues all have the capability of crushing a mage in damage, a lot of the time they don't thou because they are horrible.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I pretty much play perfect on every boss as far as my rotation is concerned. I find it that I'm either in first in dps or i'm 2nd or 3rd behind our rogues or feral druid.

I usually find myself in the 2nd or 3rd spot. Usually behind hunters and the occasional DK.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7zhul&n=Khomie

^^Armory^^

I'm not in the best gear, and I'm typically getting around 4K dps on non gimmicks fight. Over 5K dps on fights when I have the proper debuffs/buffs.

P.S. I did General Vezex for the first time last night. 14k DPS :-D.....we wiped at .03%.... One failed interupt... /sigh.

I think you suck our ret pally is always top 5 with 3 rogues and a DK.

Mages are the RNG kings of WoW, one week you can do 7k DPS on a fight and the week after you'll do 4k on the same fight because your shit didn't proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiex
    I have said it once, I will say it a thousand times, in Ulduar in a perfect situation assuming all your guild is pro mages will not be anywhere near the top of any meter. Feral druids, locks, rogues all have the capability of crushing a mage in damage, a lot of the time they don't thou because they are horrible.
    QFT

If any guilds mages are in the top 5 of any Ulduar encounter on a regular basis then all your other DPS sucks at their class.

Only fights mages should be at the top is Hodir & verax because of the buffs, other then that pray for legendary RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by kinky31
    hope they are fire/ttw or at least frostfire, arcane cant do much in ulduar with all this aoe and the duration of the fights
    LOL