Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So my warrior is level 26...

and I must say, I'm having a hard time.

To give a quick backstory on myself. I have played WoW since march of 05, and recently got my 7th toon to 60+ (an elemental shaman) I have an 80 paladin and an 80 druid, and the only toons I havn't played to 60+ as of right now are the warrior, hunter, and priest.

I REALLY like the look of protection warrior PvP, and have wanted to try it for some time, so I jumped on my warrior yesterday and specced him fury (from what I read the best leveling spec) got him some blue 1hers from VC and started leveling in wetlands.

IT'S TERRIBLE! If I pull even 2 mobs my level I almost die. After most fights I have to bandage or eat.

Now here is the TLDR of most of my topic if you wish to jump to this point.

The warrior is alot harder to level than the other classes I have played. Should I spec differently??s the warrior always going to be like this? Does it get better the higher you level? Is fury the way to go?

I realize warriors are one of the most gear dependent classes in the game, and if this is just the way it is for a while I can live with that. I just want to be sure . Thanks in advance.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: So my warrior is level 26...

warriors suck at lower lvls, you will die a lot (maybe a bit less if youre in BoA gear)
    Only thing I can say is that itll get better in later lvls
    Also, imo, 10-60+ is best done as arms, the constant *miss* *miss* *parry* *dodge* ragestarvation made me go nuts

team up with a healer and you have a blast
    This space is available for rent!

i think ur just doing it wrong... fury can take some downtime away with the "ok" heals from Bloodthrist and Blood Craze.

Anyway try speccing arms and see what you like.. i liked fury more and lvled my warrior faster than any other char (7days to 80) and i hate lvling. Just make sure u got "nice" gear for ur lvl and ur pwnage
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r
    i think ur just doing it wrong... fury can take some downtime away with the "ok" heals from Bloodthrist and Blood Craze.

Anyway try speccing arms and see what you like.. i liked fury more and lvled my warrior faster than any other char (7days to 80) and i hate lvling. Just make sure u got "nice" gear for ur lvl and ur pwnage
    While I can see what you mean as far as bloodthirst and bloodcraze are concerned, I am only level 26, and do not have these abilities since they are alot farther down the fury tree.

as with most classes, they only really get interesting when you delve deeper into the talent trees. my spriest was a bitch until lvl 40

1-30 warrior is the most painful leveling experience in WoW.

If you want your end goal to be prot why not level as it? It's extremely solid leveling these days, to be honest, as it does decent damage and you don't take much damage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrant
    1-30 warrior is the most painful leveling experience in WoW.

If you want your end goal to be prot why not level as it? It's extremely solid leveling these days, to be honest, as it does decent damage and you don't take much damage at all.
    I thought about it, but everyone said it's not really viable untill 40.

I just respeced arms, gonna see how it goes compared to fury for a few levels.

For anyone intrested here is my armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n+Soul&n=Zexar

The lavishly jeweled ring is anyones guess....as you can see i've had this toon since before TBC. I assume I just had no other rings, and hit rating is better than nothing...i'll replace it next time i'm in the AH.

get someone else's account and save yourself some sanity by just running sm over and over til 40

Quote Originally Posted by pVVn3c|

The lavishly jeweled ring is anyones guess....as you can see i've had this toon since before TBC. I assume I just had no other rings, and hit rating is better than nothing...i'll replace it next time i'm in the AH.
    that looks good.

i would suggest moving the 3 points from tactical mastery into parry talent.... i dont think you need tactical mastery just yet.
    It's just a game.

I thought about it, but everyone said it's not really viable untill 40.

I just respeced arms, gonna see how it goes compared to fury for a few levels.
    Oh prot is pretty viable, especially pre 30 because it's the only one with any sort of instant attacks (shield slam and such). Granted I did prot 50-60, but still.

arms is a great choice now too though with overpower.

Most of your gear is either outdated or on the verge of getting outdated. It's one of the problems I've noticed with the new sped-up leveling, you level so fast your gear is way underrated. It doesn't help your survivability one bit. You may want to consider some hand-me-down BtA items from your main, if your main is on this server. You may also want to run more than Deadmines. You should be coming up on RFK soon, which has some pretty good mail pieces in it, especially a helm which you don't have at all at this point. Couple more levels and you can run SM until you never want to see it again.

Seriously though, go prot, run every instance you can. Get to know how your skills work now, which will make you more valuable at 80. I mean unless you just fall in love with arms or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    that looks good.

i would suggest moving the 3 points from tactical mastery into parry talent.... i dont think you need tactical mastery just yet.
    I actually almost did that, but I have always been a bit of a PvP whore whilst leveling...so I figure once I get intercept + zerk I might get some use out of it.

!UPDATE!

Whoever suggested going arms....I LOVE YOU I went from long drawn out battles that almost got me killed and never having any rage to, Charge, Rend, HS+100%guranteedOP at once, and almost every mob is within execute or auto-attack kill range at this point. I've done a few quests and havn't eaten or bandaged once because I am kill 10x faster now!

Good to hear. I forgot about the good lower end arms talents (mostly taste of blood) that should help a ton.

I started leveling a warrior last week, currently at 50, and I did not have many problems. At lower lvs, under 30, it is diffucult handling multiple mobs even if they are your lv but that goes for any class. I had no problems with single mobs only needing to bandage or eating very rarely. You probably have crappy gear. I started as fury then when I hit 40 I activated dual talent. I started playing as protection and let me tell you..this warrior just wont die I did switch my other spec to Arms but haven't used it much since i end up bandaging and eating a whole lot more and have more difficulty taking higher lv and multiple mobs. With protection, you can engage 2 to 4 mobs 4 to 5 lvs higher than you and won't die.

Also i would suggest getting the +crit talents (cruelty) from fury tree, then going up arms like you are.

I actually almost did that, but I have always been a bit of a PvP whore whilst leveling...so I figure once I get intercept + zerk I might get some use out of it.

!UPDATE!

Whoever suggested going arms....I LOVE YOU I went from long drawn out battles that almost got me killed and never having any rage to, Charge, Rend, HS+100%guranteedOP at once, and almost every mob is within execute or auto-attack kill range at this point. I've done a few quests and havn't eaten or bandaged once because I am kill 10x faster now!
    awesome
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    Also i would suggest getting the +crit talents (cruelty) from fury tree, then going up arms like you are.
    This too, Cruelty is especially lovely early on.

Quote Originally Posted by gringo
    team up with a healer and you have a blast
    No matter what you do dont listen to this advice.. Its crap..

First of all who wants to wait for another person when it comes to lvling ? you guys have to be online at the same time constantly to lvl toons together all the way.

Plus you will only get 50% XP from mobs which i have experienced to be ALOT. To the brink where i had to trouble lvling my alt warrior up normally(taking the normal areas i usually do to get by).

Specc arms.. Its waay easier fury just sucks plain and easy, the people who told you to lvl as fury dont know what they are talking about. First of all you always have to be in zerker stance (which you dont get till lvl crap) and when you get it you´ll take alot of dmg and you wont be able to charge in and stance switch and still have a reasonable amount of rage to dps the mob with. Compared to arms warriors where right now you get all the charge rage plus the ms crit after. And the overpower every rend tick AND bladestorm when you get that far.. ITs REALLY nice for lvling trust me on that one.

My advice go prot for the first lvls (dont know what lvl you are) but from lvl 10 to-40(where you get MS) you should go 8 prot as the prio to get incite which increases all the dmg abilities you have (heroic strike)s crit chance by 15!!!%

then take cruelty to 5 and then imp heroic and then carry on down arms tree till you hit 40 and can get ms you respecc get ms and carry on down arms till you get bladestorm and then go fury.

I lvled 2 warriors this is a good way of doing it.. And you warriors are not as up as you hear, you will get killed by EVERYONE who attacks you in low lvls(players) and you will die atleast 250 times cause you acidently pulled 2 mobs.

Thats the warrior way and when you get to max lvl and you actually start to be good buckle up for nerf bat

Welcome to playing a warrior...

If you don't have good gear, and at the very least a good weapon, you are in trouble.

If you don't have a Bind on Account Weapon, you should consider it heavily. Else, you need to plan out your weapon upgrades every 5 to 8 levels.

Level 30 - Whirlwind Weapon
    Level 40ish - Blade of the Titans, Executioner's Cleaver, Rockpounder
    Level 51 - Ice Barbed Spear
    Level 60 - Blade of Misfortune, Hellreaver
    Level 65 - Honed Voidaxe
    Level 70 - Axe of Frozen Death, Ingvar's Monolithic Cleaver
    Level 75 - Deraged Waraxe
    Level 80 - Titansteel Destroyer