The stray or Bloodcrush Cudgel

I know SS and FT scales with weapon speed so i'm kinda asking what weapon is best to dps nowadays.
    Max-dps says Bloodcrush Cudgel is superior to The Stray but i don't really know if everything max-dps says is true.
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

Re: The stray or Bloodcrush Cudgel

- use enhsim -> if there's a huge benefit of using the cudgel evident, then there may be some truth in those simulationresults.

If you "don't trust" the sim: install Skada/Recount/Combatlogtools and try it.

If you don't want to pay the crystals for berserk on the cudgel, use mongoose. Quite cheap, and not so far behind berserk that you can't estimate how well your dps would be with berserk.

This will NOT be an upgrade over The Stray in any way. It is entirely too fast and plays heavily against our abilities. This extra dps of the weapon itself will not be enough to counteract this.

how bout for stonerender?
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

Shaam, I got ~150dps loss going from Angry Dread OH to Stonerender OH. Weapon speed is definitely a large factor and not even worth contemplating the fast weapons as an alternative.

showing the same thing right now at the dummy.

thanks.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

My weapon options aren't really big atm... I've never got a slow OH because CG never dropped for me... I'm using Angry Dread in MH and the bloodcrush cudgel in OH atm because i don't have anything slow except the stray. I thought the stats made up for the weapon speed ^^
    So The Stray it is then?

15+ Year Old Account

I've been wondering the same for my shaman. I went back to The Stray because in the end it hits harder and I dropped a little bit of hit. But with that being said cudgel is in my bag for the expertise. Hell last nite I had Wraith strike MH and it ended up hitting just as hard on Thaddius as my Crimson Steel. I would say slow for OH

This may sound weird but BC is better than the stray for me.

No . . . No it is not. What brings you to believe this? I can prove in a quick test how much it is not better. The other stats are not going to sway it in favor of being better.

I got BC while healing some Ulduar... mostly because no one wanted it, and though I said it most likely wouldn't be better for me (as Enhancement is my main spec) even with my crappy off-hand, they still gave it to me. I used chardev to adjust my values accordingly and plugged them into enhsim and I believe going from Pride (yes...) to BC dropped me by about 150-200 DPS.

Just have to /pray that Thorim will like me.

Deleted

There's two new graphs in Rawr.Enhance v2.2.4 that show the effects of weapon speed on your dps. Basically the graph takes your existing kit and simply works out the total dps for your kit if it just changed the weapons speed (it keeps the dps value the same by adjusting the damage bounds). The result is a graph of what effect having the same weapon but different speed would do.

This helps you evaluate just how much dps the speed is contributing to your dps, and how much better dps the weapon would need to be to equal your existing weapon. eg: I'm seeing a 1.7 speed would be 216.09 dps worse than my 2.5 speed AD. So any 1.7 weapon would need to add 216.09 dps to even match my existing weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by aikouka
    I got BC while healing some Ulduar... mostly because no one wanted it, and though I said it most likely wouldn't be better for me (as Enhancement is my main spec) even with my crappy off-hand, they still gave it to me. I used chardev to adjust my values accordingly and plugged them into enhsim and I believe going from Pride (yes...) to BC dropped me by about 150-200 DPS.

Just have to /pray that Thorim will like me.
    Thorim liked me last night. Finally got the mace!! /gloat

:P :P

Doing HM Flame Levi this week. /pray for MH

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    Shaam, I got ~150dps loss going from Angry Dread OH to Stonerender OH. Weapon speed is definitely a large factor and not even worth contemplating the fast weapons as an alternative.
    -I ran some trials in the sim and am showing that the Stonerender is actually coming out a few DPS ahead of the Angry Dread. Has anyone else had similar results?

Did you not read my post above? Stonerender SHOULD be coming out about 150dps or so behind Angry Dread. I would rerun your SIMs and check the setup because something is missing if you are having it come out ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    Did you not read my post above? Stonerender SHOULD be coming out about 150dps or so behind Angry Dread. I would rerun your SIMs and check the setup because something is missing if you are having it come out ahead.
    I did and that is why I posed the question. It seems odd, that it would come out ahead and I was looking to see if others had similar results.

- edit. I took a look at the sim and figured out what the issue was.