Glad v Deadly Glad titles?

Just kinda curious... if you made S5 glad can you chose either Deadly glad or just Glad or do you have to actually be a S1 glad in order to wear the Gladiator title?
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Re: Glad v Deadly Glad titles?

They're different-- the gladiator title is for the top .5% of all teams in a certain bracket, and the deadly gladiator title is for the top team in any bracket on any battleground.

So if I'm 2nd in 2v2 on Nightfall, I get Gladiator. If I'm 1st, I get Deadly Gladiator.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    They're different-- the gladiator title is for the top .5% of all teams in a certain bracket, and the deadly gladiator title is for the top team in any bracket on any battleground.

So if I'm 2nd in 2v2 on Nightfall, I get Gladiator. If I'm 1st, I get Deadly Gladiator.
    he means do you get to use both titles if you are in the top spot in a BG. and yes, you can, when you get an arena title, you get every title below it at the same time.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    you get every title below it at the same time.
    Not true.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

he means do you get to use both titles if you are in the top spot in a BG. and yes, you can, when you get an arena title, you get every title below it at the same time.
    This is not at all what he is asking. Did you read it? He is asking if you get Gladiator (as in "S5 glad") can you choose either Deadly Gladiator or Gladiator, or can you only display the standard Gladiator if you were a season one Gladiator (in the same way players retain their Merciless through Brutal Gladiator titles via the Feat of Strength).

It's an odd question, but you are incorrect about your answer. You have available to you only the highest title you earned. If you earn Duelist, you can't display Rival or Challenger. If you earn Deadly Gladiator, unless it's changed from the title mechanics in season four and I am unaware of it, you cannot display Gladiator. Only Deadly Gladiator.

when you get an arena title, you get every title below it at the same time.
    You sir are wrong, at least i know in the us realms you dont get them all im Glad i dont get duelest rival and challanger with it i got the achivmetns for them but not the titles lol.

15+ Year Old Account

my mistake, didn't take arena all too serious last season and i was away in europe all of s4, so my understanding of title mechanics is a little iffy. i just know that my friends who have duelist/glad have al the achievements for titles below it, i assumed the titles came with it.
    BfA Beta Time

I made duelist in s5

I now have Challenger, Rival and duelist titles.

GC: I'm really here to talk about the design direction for the mage specs. We think Fire damage is fine.

Player: Do you think Fire damage is fine?

GC: ...

My friend got gladiator and displays the challenger title he also earned as a joke.

When you get a pvp title you get ALL titles below it and are free to display any one.

15+ Year Old Account

now i'm lost. which is it? was i right the first time or is this thread full of people who like to make me all upset and shit.
    BfA Beta Time

now i'm lost. which is it? was i right the first time or is this thread full of people who like to make me all upset and shit.
    You were right. If you get deadly gladiator you also get gladiator, duelist, etc.

To the OP. You can display your S1 gladiator title (which you keep forever) or yours s5 gladiator title (which only lasts through s6)

Most of you are wrong. You do not get all the titles below that rank. You get a maximum of THREE titles. (2v2, 3v3, and 5v5). If you received Duelist, Rival, and Challenger, that is because you had a team that was duelist level, a team that was rival level, and a team that was challenger level.

Last season I received Duelist and Rival. not Challenger. See?

Quote Originally Posted by WhisperBlades
    Most of you are wrong. You do not get all the titles below that rank. You get a maximum of THREE titles. (2v2, 3v3, and 5v5). If you received Duelist, Rival, and Challenger, that is because you had a team that was duelist level, a team that was rival level, and a team that was challenger level.

Last season I received Duelist and Rival. not Challenger. See?
    Actually, this may be the case.

I got all three titles, but i had a 1600s 5s team, a 2100 3s and a 1900 2s
    GC: I'm really here to talk about the design direction for the mage specs. We think Fire damage is fine.

Player: Do you think Fire damage is fine?

GC: ...