Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ranks in WinterGrasp.. wth

alliance get this quite often on my server, where horde outnumber then 6-7:1 at lvl 80.

I think they are very well aware of it at blizz the reason some GMs wont tell is because ppl have to figure these things out by themselves. just like tacticts on bosses. Everytime I'm in WG before it starts I make sure to be in an area with a NPC near so when WG starts I can get rank 2 asap and start the assault before ally gets organized. On our server it's around 70-30 in favor of ally so us horde needs to be on our toes to win WG so this mechanic helps quite a lot.

i dont know about the tenacity thing, but i just finished a game, on horde, alliance was attacking, as soon as the bg started they had 16 tanks all comming into one side, got to the middle within 4min...

i dont even think they had tenacity

Well here is the trick for a short WG when u are outnumbers... (hello horde on zangarmash)

Sometime killing an NPC gives u rank 2 yes... but all the time killing a gun gives u rank 2...

So fly so WG! (yes portal is slow, fly there and wait for the start)
    So kill a gun ASAP (since ur waiting for it to spawn), make 18 demolisher urself (make one, leave it, make an other one) so other people with rank 0 can drive it (u cannot make vehicul with rank 0 but u can still drive it)

Rush north Western wall... WIN

ty

like stated before by a few, its related with tenacity.

Its fun, fight start 20 buffs, chain light group for horde, run back buy vehicle and win

most weird thing i had so far with tenacity is that i had 8 stacks, horde had 2 stacks....

Quote Originally Posted by qae

The point is about Ranks. Usually Ally get them the normal way.. you know you kill peoples / npcs and you get Ranking.. and it can be pretty long to get Rank 2 depending on the opposite faction (especially when you outnumber them)

That is the normal way i think.

BUT most of the time on Horde side, the first npc / player you kills grants you Rank 2. Instantly.

I got pwnd by horde in like 3 minutes - 7 + - heavy heavy vehicle atack
    Everyone was like, wow - what happend
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

Quote Originally Posted by qae
    well I just talked with a GM about that and it went like that :

Me- *Explain*

GM- *long silence*
    GM- Well.. you know if something like that was happening we would know it already, you may have been in a big raid and receive kills from others that's why you think you got instant-Rank2

Me- But I did some WG when we were only 2 on horde side, so no big raid you can imagine. And I got instant Rank 2 by killing a npc as I was alone, even not grouped.

GM- *long silence*

Me- Maybe it has something to do with tenacity? Horde always get tenacity and the "instant-rank" thing only happens horde-side.

GM- Yeah you know it's hard for the outnumbered side to get vehicles so this make sense

Me- So it's intended? I've got no probleme with that I just wanted to know!

GM- I will transmit this information. People with tenacity seem to get faster rank that's what you say right?

Me- > right... whatever

GM- *long silence*

Me- Good night!

(...)

*You have been choosen for Gm evaluation*
    :P

So GMs don't really know anything about that it seems.. do you have any more insight?

Am I the only one who experiment this?
    goes to show that anybody can become a GM