Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Kitty UI's

My UI

raid frames would be to the left.

In a raid i have auracle showing sunder/ff/trauma etc

How many guilds let you raid without it?
    top 3 guild on my server raid without it (its not mandatory).

red dots are combo point (just edited it in mspaint). lol i just figured i put them in the wrong frame -..-
    omen and grid are below unit frames (between minimap and chat frame)

for some reason it wont just "fit" into forum. no idea. img tag doesn't work =|

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

DBM deffinately isnt mandatory, and if you are paying attention then you dont need it on most fights, however I find the key function of DBM is to be a timepiece, for example, being able to see exactly when the boss will begin the cast his next "big hit" ability is a great advantage, your telling me that without boss timers guilds are willing to sit there with a stopwatch?, because thats what DBM basically is.

As a feral tank I can say knowing when the next big ability is coming in advance can help me judge whether or not to use a cooldown, and has saved me countless times in raids.

Choosing to raid without it when there is no reason NOT to take it, when it could potentially help the sucess of your raid, THAT is fail
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dragon nipples.

There's a bit of sarcasm hidden in there, sorry for that.

Anyway, apart from this addon in the centre I don't rely on any addtional visual help.
    I'm also pretty sure I hardly look at the icon because sometimes, while not really paying attention, there is this shock moment "OMG, I'M NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT WHAT I'M DOING" but then I realize that all buffs/debuffs are up and I'm first place in the Naxx Pug (don't discuss that, but I bet you know when your DPS is right and when it is not).

Point of story is: Don't work too hard on your visual aid, just learn how to DPS while being asleep. It surely helps in encounters like Hodir hardmode where you have to pay attention to light circles, storm clouds and camp fires but mustn't neglect your DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharandris

Anyway, apart from this addon in the centre I don't rely on any addtional visual help.
    I'm also pretty sure I hardly look at the icon because sometimes, while not really paying attention, there is this shock moment "OMG, I'M NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT WHAT I'M DOING" but then I realize that all buffs/debuffs are up and I'm first place in the Naxx Pug (don't discuss that, but I bet you know when your DPS is right and when it is not).

Point of story is: Don't work too hard on your visual aid, just learn how to DPS while being asleep. It surely helps in encounters like Hodir hardmode where you have to pay attention to light circles, storm clouds and camp fires but mustn't neglect your DPS.
    What works for you, works for you. If you're content with Windows being on all default settings then leave it as is. Personally, I like to change backgrounds, colouring schemes, and add little extras so I can see everything I want without having to go through a bunch of crap to get it.

Most people on MMO-Champion forums already have a good idea how to play (the people that are really terribad are the ones that ask for help in trade).

If you don't have a custom UI then why post in a thread called "Kitty UI's"? We're all capable of achieving what you have because it came stock. These people are just looking for something different.

The small icon in the middle IS something different. You don't have to look around the screen all the time.

That's why people do use custom UIs, so they can place what they want where they want it.
    As you say "You don't have to look around the screen all the time", but with your UI you do. Your energy, combopoints and target-debuffs are up in the left corner, your gains and buffs are up in the right corner. Plus I only see one druid on your recount, and he's at 16th place with 1900dps, and that's low even considering if one is tanking.

Also, get this http://www.wowinterface.com/download...36-OmniCC.html and use some keybindings beyond 1-5, like E, F, Q.

Quote Originally Posted by ph0en1xtk
    when i saw the title of this thread, i was intrigued, but upon reading the post and its replies, im fairly dissapointed.

I was expecting uis consisting of kitty pictures and lots of lolcats.

fail
    http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9...kittyuisk0.jpg
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Adventure.html

Pawz, Can you please make me such a signature? i really love it ;D

this is an UI thread so i will post my interface:

Some people don't like it but i can play with it so..

Hey, I have a quick UI question that you guys might be able to answer. Is there a UI mod that shows if there is any bleed dmg increase debuffs on the target? Like mangle/trauma/any others? I don't see a reason to mangle if there's a warrior that keeps up trauma for me. Anyone know of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayron
    Read the link. Quit talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Doompanther
    Hey, I have a quick UI question that you guys might be able to answer. Is there a UI mod that shows if there is any bleed dmg increase debuffs on the target? Like mangle/trauma/any others? I don't see a reason to mangle if there's a warrior that keeps up trauma for me. Anyone know of anything?
    I've been looking for this as well. I think Badkitty does it but I'd like to avoid using it.

As of right now I just keep looking for the little debuff icon on the target and if I don't see it then I apply mangle. If I see that my mangle is disappearing sooner than normal then I know the warrior has trauma back on.

some options I'm going to try: powerauras, naturEnemycastBar, Auracle

15+ Year Old Account

I think BadKitty will show what you'd like, alternatively I use DebuffFilter to show icons for both mangle and trauma, and it's easy enough to see if one or the other is up.

In the IceHUD framework, you can put 2 bars on top of each other, one for mangle and one for trauma, and either one or the other will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    In the IceHUD framework, you can put 2 bars on top of each other, one for mangle and one for trauma, and either one or the other will show up.

Wow that was exactly what I was looking for! thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayron
    Read the link. Quit talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Safiroth
    It's pretty nice, but Safiroth I wanted to ask you, what addon are you using above your and target's frame to show "buff/debuff" timings?

Quote Originally Posted by Samek
    It's pretty nice, but Safiroth I wanted to ask you, what addon are you using above your and target's frame to show "buff/debuff" timings?
    Elkano's Buffbar, you can make new bars and then whitelist the debuffs / buffs that you want to see

OKi, thanx a lot ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Safiroth
    Pawz, Can you please make me such a signature? i really love it ;D

this is an UI thread so i will post my interface:

*removed for size*

What was the map mod you used in that Safiroth?

Need To Know is an addon like Elkanos that shows buffs and stuff...its really nice and easy to use

@ kittenkiller

I use simpleMinimap from curse, i chose the square as skin and then clicked of the border.